Klose or Gomez, who should start for Germany?

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Loddar, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    At least Schieber scored. He was used as a winger tho

I m pretty sure he was a serious option of Loew when Schieber was playing for Nuernberg, where he played very well in season 2010/2011

Lasogga and Polter started........and Schuerrle was used as a striker instead of being used on the flank

2. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He scored 1 goal this season, Schieber that is. I saw the game, he looks like someone who will never make it into the national team.

Lasogga looks seriously talented, but he's a very Gomez type striker. Whereas what the NT needs is someone compliment our midfield, Reus fits into this category pretty well, but he's not a lone striker like Klose.

3. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Gomez,Klose and Reus may not have scored but Mlapa did. Loew said that Mlapa,Holtby and Leitner are the players from the u21s that he considers for the Euro `12.
    I dont know how Mlapa managed to control the ball with his back/neck just before scoring but it worked. He lobbed the keeper. It was a nice goal. He has a potential to be a beast but he needs to improve. He is only 21.

4. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    1 goal from 6 games and in 2 or 3 of them, he came on in the last minutes. He's back from a serious injury. He's a great dribbler. He is quick. Good passer. He can shoot. Good movement. He helps a lot in the build-up. More of a Klose than a Gomez. If he stays fit over the next few years, he will be a big star no doubt about it.