Klose a possibility?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by bigtoga, Oct 26, 2003.

1. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    http://tinyurl.com/sgv0

I'd love to see him play in EPL. I don't know enough about his day-to-day play in Germany to warrant saying I want him for Man Utd though. I watched him have fantastic matches in the World Cup and qualifiers.

Anyone have some good info on Klose? He could be our magic signing in January?

Oh - and I heard Nedved is linked to Chelsea. Bull&*(&, I say.

2. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I think there is a .00000000001% chance that Nedved would leave Juve anytime soon. However, if he gets anywhere close to leaving, we should do everything in our power to get him.

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RE: Klose - haven't seen enough of him, but some people I know who are familiar don't rate him that highly. Of course we know he's good in the air, but let's face it, he'd have been a more attractive target if we still had Becks really.

As for Chelski: there might be some good after all by all this spending Roman is doing. As entertaining and fun it is to watch the Premiership, I think that the Italians, the Spanish, the Germans, etc. have looked down at English football or seen it as a place to go to end your career... With more European players coming into the league, it may raise the profile and prestige in which the EPL is viewed and we may have more players be receptive to coming to Old Trafford as a result.

Or I could be COMPLETELY wrong. :D

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    klose is more than just a good target forward - he's sneaky fast, a decent shot with either foot, likes to take on defenders and is a quite capable passer - barring a bidding war, he should also carry a measly 5 million euro pricetag - however roma, juve and bayern are likely to be interested

5. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    Ehe, Klose is hot and cold, which you really don't like to see in a striker. There is a heavy arguement on whether he is really that inconsistent or perhaps he just lacks service some games. But he has a tendency to disappear for about 5 game streches in the middle of the year, which is tolerable at a team like Kaiserslautern but won't cut it at the Europen powers. I can't see Bayern going after him with Makaay, Pizzaro, and their other SA striker (Santa-Cruz?). I think he is a good fit for Italy, and question whether he is Man Utd quality, he certainly isn't better then Makaay, who apparently Man Utd were not interested in during the offseason. But thats just my two cents. I say pass.

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    that's just it - kaiserslautern is a somewhat miserable team - klose just as often carries them on his back as he 'disappears' - without him they would have been relegated twice - he would score plenty of goals at manU

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: Re: Klose a possibility?

Do you know what heaven is?

A midfield with Giggs, Keane, Nedved, Scholes

Not likely to happen as you said, but wouldn't it be nice?

Klose comming to ManU makes no sense, as someone said if we did not want Makaay why go for Klose?

Of course he wont be going to Juve, Trez is better and equal in the air.

Now here this, Barca have played 7 league games (10 this year total so far) and Javier Saviola has played 3 games. Rijkaard is an ass for not playing and if he doesn't start playing him soon I cant imagine someone so obviously talented not getting playing time staying in that environment. Add in their huge debt I think there might be a small possibility of a transfer. Ruud + Saviola = Championsleague victory.

Saviola would be a near perfect partner for Ruud... he is a great dribbler, he is an accurate shooter, makes good runs, and he played off Kluivert and Rivaldo for a time so he knows how to play the role of second striker.

8. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Re: Re: Re: Klose a possibility?

This man speaks the truth! mtkillamanjohno for President of Big Soccer!

9. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    I was very impressed with Saviola when I saw him against United in Philly. He would make a great addition to United as he could play up top or be a creative force in the midfield.

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    after i watched stuttgart beat manU last month, i wondered how long it would take for SAF to chase kuranyi

11. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Kuranyi would be good, I think. But what about Drogba? He has had a monster season for Marseille. Anyone have any ideas on him? I haven't gotten to see him play except once (against Madrid) and he was good then. Leading scorer for French league, leading scorer in UEFA. With the Scousers getting the *real* Cisse next year, I wouldn't mind seeing Drogba come our way if he's available.

12. van_da_man

van_da_man Member

Aug 4, 2003
    UK
    hes very weak...not strong enuf for the EPL IMO

13. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

that's just silly - it would not be crazy to suggest that he is argentina's version on mickey owen... who i understand has had some success scoring in the EPL

14. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    you could have said the same thing about ronaldinho, but that didn't bother SAF.

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Even more importantly he is just 20... he could partner Ruud for a long time, and then take over from him or Scholes, who ever goes first.

What he lacks in size he makes up for in SKILL. Think of having him, Giggs, Ronaldo on the pitch at one time... blazing speed, all great dribblers which means we could once more have a potent counter attack.

16. Coheed&Cambria

Coheed&Cambria New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Texas
    I agree. Saviola would be a spark this team needs. Imagine Keane bringing the ball up, sending it to Scholes who looks up to see Giggs, Ruud, Ronaldo, and Saviola. Scholes would have a field day distributing to those guys. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

17. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Hmmmmm - are you suggesting that Die Bundelsiga is a weak league? Do you think the EPL is a "tougher" league?

In my opinion, the Bundesliga is a beeyotch - that is one tough league. Ask any of the ex-Yanks Abroad who have played in Germany and England and my guess is that each one of them would say Germany is a much rougher place to play.

Kuranyi scored 15 goals last season as a 20 year old for Stuttgart. I'm just quoting stats here as I've only seen him play in UEFA CL this season but any 20 year old who scores 15 goals in the Bundesliga, in my book, is a tough mother *&$#er.

18. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That sounds about right BT he sounds like mini Saviola... if that makes any sense...

19. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Re: Re: Klose a possibility?

Arrrgh. Its so frustrating to witness the utter lack of attention spans on this board. Zidane anyone? If anything, throughout the years Juve has made it a habit of selling off their stars at top dollar. Its obviously not certain that Nedved will leave, but its a MUCH better chance than what you suggest. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
    You also forget that ManUtd once almost bought him from Lazio, until Juve swooped in. Whoops. Of course, I wish he'd never left Lazio :)

20. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: Re: Re: Klose a possibility?

Yes, but he wont be comming to ManU... we aren't likely to buy another midfielder... we need a striker.

21. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

he was referring to saviola

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It matters not, Saviola is not the largest, but he is not weak... ok, ok, maybe he is, but dammit he is a beast.

23. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cameroon striker Eto'o says he wants to leave Mallorca. He'd be a good buy.

24. idi amin

idi amin New Member

Eto'o also has the pleasant habit of scoring against Real Madrid(who still own 1/2 his contract). So you guys and probably Barca wouldn't mind having him.