Klinsmann has decided: Germany's number 1 is...

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Pfeife, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNameOfTheG..

TheNameOfTheG.. New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Šibenik
    Re: Lehmann over Kahn for WC

Roy, there is no doubt at all Kahn is greater goalie than Jens. But there is no reason for Jens not be number 1 in German national team if he deserves this. Fact is, like it or not (to be honest I like Kahn much more than Jens aswel), Jens is best german goalie atm.

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Has this thread run it's course??? Not much insight here.

3. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

If you regard these better than soap operas, the drama lives on.

4. Re: Lehmann over Kahn for WC

:eek: You are mad. Raving lunatic.

5. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

Wiese has a lot of potentials. Agree he is not ready yet. I was very very impressed and equally disasppointed in his performance in the Juve match.

6. Re: Lehmann over Kahn for WC

Sure he has a lot of potential, but I can name at least eight german keepers off the top of my head who are better right now. There's no way he should be made 3rd keeper for the WC.

7. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

That's something the German teams should be proud of. This department is just very very outstanding. I agree. Wiese has to improve a lot to become the third. He seems too careless at crunch times despite having good techniques and great reflexes.

Rensing is better than Wiese. More poise and equal if not better in techniques and reflexes.

That avatar of yours has been keeping the Britons happy for so many years. Don't you have better ones?

8. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Ok...since this is more NT issues, I am going to merge it with that thread.

9. TheNameOfTheG..

TheNameOfTheG.. New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Šibenik

Maybe I am. :)

But I think he will be great goalie and German number 1 soon so I would take him as 3th goalie just cous of experience (he can feel WC atmosphere...). We all know there is 0.1% of chance 3th goalie will play a second on WC. In fact I think there are cases of taking only 2 goalies in squad. I think Serbia and Montenegro aka Yugoslavia did this at EC 2000.

10. Re: Lehmann over Kahn for WC

Unfortunately, no. Except that one game (which turned out to be quite inconsequential anyway), fans of the English NT have had absolutely nothing to be proud of in the last fourty years. I'll keep it for a while to comfort our friends across the channel. Put it down as charity. :D