Klinsmann has decided: Germany's number 1 is...

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Pfeife, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stefan10

stefan10 New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Cologne
  2. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well I prefer Kahn..so for me it is not so good news.....
    that´s really pity for Kahn...I think he is our best goalkeeper...

3. snoooop

snoooop Red Card

Jul 16, 2005
    Hoffentlich bekomm ich noch ne Karte fürs Eröffnungsspiel in München, ich werd ihn so auspfeiffen die Pfeife ;) :p

The Goalkeeper-Position is the only one where we have the next 15 years no Problems, when i see what for GK are growing up like Rensing, Fromlowitz or Adler, we will on this Position definatly have no problems.

We have an 17yrs old GK at Man U's Youth, i've heard he is doing there good?!

4. AGF Aarhus

AGF Aarhus Member

Union Berlin
    Apr 7, 2001
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Good for Klinsi.

I voted for Kahn in the poll, but I have to admit that on recent form, hell all season long, Lehmann has been the better keeper.

This is a balsy move, and in the face of all the criticism Klinsi has gotten, a bold move to show that he is still in charge is a positive thing. The Kaiser, Hoeness and everyone else on the periphery of the team can shove it.

It also shows to the players that the team is not static, and that everyone has to earn his spot (well, except for Huth and his nude photos of Mrs. Klinsmann). Germany has a long tradition of goalkeepers 'waiting their turn.' Well, not anymore. Spots given on merit. I like it.

It will be interesting to see now if Kehn accepts the number two spot, or if he takes his ball and goes home.

5. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    its good from 1999-2006 kahn has been number 1. what has he won for the national team? nothing.
    2000 euro cup-bad perfomance against portugal
    2002- great blunder in the final
    2004- he gifted czech an easy goal

he had his time and proved to be an experienced loser

6. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I'm happy, I think Klinsmann did the right thing. Lehmann is the better keeper and will play better with the team in the WC. Bravo for not giving in to FC Bayern's pressure!

7. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    but it will be sad to see him on bench, he desrves respect. may be he should play in defence

8. AGF Aarhus

AGF Aarhus Member

Union Berlin
    Apr 7, 2001
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Maybe he can take Goaleo's job.

9. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    goleo job is mine:)..it sounds like bltleo don´t you think?:)

10. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    or become klinsmann asistant

11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    If not for Kahn, Germany wouldn't have been in the final in 2002. They would have lost to the US, so this is a bit misleading. He was the best goalkeeper in the competition.

12. Poachin_Goalz

Poachin_Goalz Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Athens, GA.
    Germany gets nowhere near the final without him though. He was voted GK of the tournament. Germany had an average squad in WC 2002 and had no business even making it that far. He had a poor final but he was absolutely huge throughout the other games that Germany played in the tournament.

13. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that´s true....I remember this game very good.

I think Klinsi made wrong decision..

Kahn is our best goalkeeper...and he knows mostly players from national team, especially Bayern players...

I´m not happy with Klinsi decision..

14. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i agree wit the imediate above post, it is a step down, and germany may be knocked out in the first round. germany needs a better goalkeeper than kahn and lehmann to survive

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    A loser ?!

Sorry, but i rate this post as a trolling one.

If you see the titles (CL, club WC) he won, he´s define no loser.
    The titan becomes old, yes, big moments are past, but who are you?
    Have you won one of the big titles Kahn has won
    to judge him a loser?

(This shouldn´t be a personal offense,
    but i hate it, when people write so respectless)

Back to topic:
    Based on the performances in the last weeks
    Klinsmanns decision was clear.

16. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    I really wonder about the timing. As if Klinsmann had waited for Kahn to make a real blunder (the one vs. Cologne), coupled with Lehmann's great publicity with Arsenal right now, it looks as if this was the ideal moment for Klinsmann to axe Kahn. He waited so long, but suddenly he had to make the announcement in this week where Kahn did not look good (for the first time this season).

He could have waited until May like he said he would, but maybe feared Lehmann would do some mistakes and Kahn back on form by then. That would have made his decision very tough again.

The circumstances this week have been ideal to knock Kahn out of #1. He took the first opportunity when Kahn showed a weakness, which pretty much shows that he always favored Lehmann. Now we know it.

Maybe it's even a good decision for Kahn. If Germany fails at this World Cup (not totally unlikely) he won't have nothing to do with it.

17. makkay

makkay Member

Sep 5, 2005
    euro 2000- kahn did bad against portugal. i don't argue that. the german team sucked ass against england and against romania. the game against portugal they needed to win by a margin. they did not even score. so don't blame that one on kahn. and it was the B team for portugal too.
    WM-2002: the germans dominated against saudia arabia. they did. the game against ireland was a different storyand if it was not for kahn they would have lost. cameroon it was all kahn and you can watch the games again if you want. against paraguay kahn made great saves. they were dominated by the us from start to finish, again kahn won it for them. same against korea. in the final kahn made wonderful saves in the first half. he was playing with an injured hand. the "blunder" you talked about was not his fault. hamann lost the ball to ronaldo in front of his area. ronaldo gave it to rivaldo who was left to shoot. rivaldo as everyone knows has got a hell of a shot on him. kahn mis-judged it but the defense should have picked the rebound. kahn was the only keeper to win best player at the world cup in history. without him germany would not have made it to the second round.
    euro-2004: the goal you reffered to was in no way his fault. baros went through two defenders like if they were not there and took a shot which kahn blocked with his leg and baros scored on the rebound. it is not his fault if germany can't beat latvia. it is not his fault if germany can't beat the B team of the czech .
    in conclusion: in every competition you mentioned germany had one of the worst teams in the competition and there was nothing he could do to help them. he did do some magic in 02 that is why they got to the final.
    now about lehmann, hahahahahahahahaha lehmann. klinsi is gonna get sacked after this world cup no doubt in my mind. that is a stupid decision that he made to piss off some people. koepke wanted it too because kahn was the one that forced his old ass out.
    now the part about the experienced loser i wish you had not said that. kahn's record speaks for itself.
    are you german?

18. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [QUOTE="Eisenfuß" Eilts]A loser ?!

Sorry, but i rate this post as a trolling one.

If you see the titles (CL, club WC) he won, he´s define no loser.
    The titan becomes old, yes, big moments are past, but who are you?
    Have you won one of the big titles Kahn has won
    to judge him a loser?

Back to topic:
    Based on the performances in the last weeks
    Klinsmanns decision was clear.[/QUOTE]
    HOW MANY TROPHIES HAS HE WON FOR GERMANY?
    HOW MANY TIMES HAS GERMANY LOST WITH KAHN IN GOAL? NUMEROUS 5-1 THRASHINGS
    HE LOST C.L 1999, 2000 2003 2002 AND SO ON
    HAVING HIM IN GOAL WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING

19. Plavi

Plavi New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Philadelphia
    I have to say I agree with the descision, Kahn was a great keeper in his time and I remember him being my favorite Bayern player since I was 3 years old, it is a shame that he will be benches for his final World Cup but Klinsman has to do what is best for the team and if that means putting Kahn on the bench, well that is just a sacrifice he'll have to make.

20. Fsquid

Fsquid New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Charlotte, NC USA
    If you want to blame Kahn for CL campaigns, then I guess you need to blame Lehmann for the countless Arsenal chokings in the CL since the start of the decade.

21. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Wait a moment, do you think a goalkeeper is the only player in a team? There were 10 other players.

If Kahn had played in the 1970s or 1980s, with much better players in front of him, he would have won a lot of silverware.

And do you really think German would have won anything with Lehmann in goal those years? Hardly.

22. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I WON'T CHALLENGE YOUR OPINIONS BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE DIFFEREN OPINOINS
    BUT
    I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT LEHMANN, LEHMANN IS A STEP DOWN. KLINSMANN SHOULD BE BRAVE ENOUGH AND CALL UP ROBERT ENKE . THERE IS SOMETHING VEY WRONG ABOUT GERMANY SOCCER. OUT OF THE FRYING PANINTO THE FIRE OH GOD

23. makkay

makkay Member

Sep 5, 2005
    hadhe jwabou i7ikk ssinneyn.
    don't pay any attention to him. we all knew klinsi wanted to axe kahn the whole time. he was waiting for the right moment. he won't be a manager for very long. he probably won't manage another team after this year. he focked himself. i think he is got issues and is a one of those who like to be in power. i think poicking lehmann will cost him the coaching career he could have had.