News: Klinsmann announces 30 man preliminary WC roster

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Mario Balotelli, May 12, 2014.

1. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    his first cap man. He even managed to draw a PK. He was naive and lazy on the turnover that lead to a goal. Anyone have footage of Landon's first game for Leverkusen?

3. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As if on cue . . . like I was saying, even the best projectionists. ;)

Hey, I like my new avatar better than yours too. :D

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well, true. But this is the hand we've been dealt. At this point, even though I believe we'd have been better with LD around, we have to start thinking of life without him.

My original prediction, before JK even became the coach, was that with Landon gone, all that was left for the USMNT was to trend down on the international stage. Now, I don't want that to happen --and you bet Donovan wouldn't want that to happen.

So it's time to be positive and try to think of the good things about this 23-man roster. There is some (not much, TBF) youth, some speed on the flanks, some experience in the middle, the never-tiring labors of Bradley, and a defense that, all in all, hasn't looked that terrible, whatever the names on the paper.

Green has one thing Landon doesn't: he's young. And he can learn stuff. And he's fast, almost as much as Landon was at that age. And, if he's with the Bayern kids, must be because he's not dumb. So learn he can. And we'll see of what he's capable soon enough. I want to have faith that Klinsmann knows what he's doing.

Otherwise, I'd feel extremely powerless, stuck with a coach I don't trust at all, no?

CTS26 and deuteronomy repped this.
  5. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Thinking about life without Donovan is fine. Not putting the best 23 in Brazil? Stupid. Give me Green and LD before Green and Davis. In either case neither should be there before LD.

6. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    you're just bitter because you got Bocanegra'd at least 6 times at the bar last night...

7. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I was overly conservative here...