Klein in Galaxy vs. Pachuca [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by rabble-rabble, Aug 30, 2007.

1. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone else catch Klein's bicycle kick Wednesday night against Pachuca?

:eek:

He never did that when he played for us.

:rolleyes:

2. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Yes, goal of his career, canidate for MSL goal of the year. 4 minutes into 5 minutes of extra time, header off the crossbar, two heads, perfect bicycle, really was classic. Stupid game went into PK's+ I live in eastern time zone, getting up for work this morning was hard.

3. n1xhere

n1xhere Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I hate PKs but i was on the floor when I saw that goal

The least telefutura could have done was give him credit for the goal

4. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Last night we were treated to two potential goals of the year...

5. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that Klein's goal will be in the running for GOTW or GOTY because it wasn't in an MLS game.

6. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Good point I had not thought about that.

7. TapocoL

TapocoL Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I laughed, they gave credit to Gordon for the goal.

What a beautiful shot. Galaxy were dominated in the first half. But, they made an exciting game in the 2nd half. Then, to send it to overtime with a picture perfect bicycle was great. Too bad, Landon put out a duck of a PK that could have won the game for LAG. I really didn't want Pachuca to claim another title in these interleague events.

8. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    I thought Klein had some pretty good service into the box in the first 20 minutes or so of the 2nd half, in addition to the game-tying bicycle.

9. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I watched the first half on my computer and the announcers were constantly complimenting Klein for his never ending effort. I should have kept watching.

Pachuca should be complimented for a great win. If Superliga showed anything it showed that the MLS and la liga Azteca are closer than may have been thought.

Pachuca had to fight to beat the now last place team in the league and has fought toe to toe with the Dynamo several times this year.

I hope Superliga raises the level of play for both leagues.

10. RSL Donk

RSL Donk BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Why are we even talking about this, Klein's the enemy now. I can't wait until LA come to town, I want to yell at Klein to pull his pants out of his ass .

11. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    You're going to have to start working out, because you've got about a mile of pnats to pull out of there. Watch out for gerbils!

12. Aerick

Aerick New Member

Dec 13, 2006
    Sandy, UT
    Bah! You're cutting off your nose to spite your face!

Why can't we cheer on the Galaxy when they are representing MLS, and soccer in the U.S.? If you ask me, we were all LA Galaxy fans last night - or should have been.

Watching Kleins performance made me proud, not hateful. That game was a joy to watch! Kleins' goal caused as much jubilation and excitement from me as any RSL goal (perhaps with the exception of the Dunny goal in the opener, Williams' North-Goal-Hex_Buster, and JK's 100th).

If I were a betting man, I would've waged next years' salary that LD makes that last PK to seal the win (OK, not really, but I would've put down $100 without any qualms). I was in shock when he didn't make it.

Great game, great performance by Klein, and great idea (SuperLiga)!

13. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed! I cheer for all opponents (except the Crapids) to their degree of closeness to my favorite team. I want the Western conference teams to do better than the Eastern conference teams, MLS over other leagues, etc.

Klein instantly became "enemy?" Wow, Donk?

How come, by the same reasoning, Beckerman didn't instantly become "friend"? My understanding is he was harassed by the RCB (of which Donk is one) for the first several home games because of his formerly being on the Crapids.

That is where 'enemy' thinking leads you: black and white, right and wrong, evil and good' views of the world when it is actually shades of grey. This either/or thinking is, IMO, part of what has Donk saying he won't be renewing season tickets next year.

Just saying, they aren't enemies.

14. RSL Donk

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It wasn't RCB who harassed him. And obviously you haven't read a single thing I have said on the subject of my season tickets. Play on the field is not the major factor.

15. beaveman

beaveman New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Mapleton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The harassment came from E37 (RCB is E38).

16. Super Phil

Super Phil Member

Apr 1, 2006
    West Jordan
    Kleins goal was awesome! In a match like that you've got to cheer for the MLS team. That was a great game. I thought it was a done deal when Donovan was stepping up to take his penalty too.

17. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Since it didn't work, here's hoping Donovan does away with that insufferable pre-PK ritual of his and adopts something else...:rolleyes:

18. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Amen... Donovan has to have the stupidest rituals I've ever seen an athlete do - he had the blow/catch kisses to/from his girlfriend for a while... uggggg. The bizaare kissing his wrist/knuckles/hands thing is beyond odd.

19. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    be careful what you wish for, he seems to progressively get worse with his little rituals as time goes on. The next one might even be worse.:rolleyes:

20. RSL Donk

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I really don't want to know what Landycakes would do.

21. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    After all, he will have to "step up his game" to remain the team metrosexual trendsetter with Beckham around... :p