KK to Fulham??

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by lmorin, Nov 3, 2004.

1. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. cleat/less

cleat/less New Member

May 7, 2004
    hoosier-land
    actually, if this crossley fellow is playing well, why would keller want to commit to a team where he can end up on the bench again.

reAl salt lake!

3. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Why? Uh, to make much more money then MLS will ever pay someone like him...

4. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    I can't imagine Fulham going in for him.

He's now a backup keeper in the league and has spoken about going to MLS.
    At most they might want to sign him for the restof the season, but if they're going to pluck a 2nd string keeper from somewhere, I'd expect they go for someone younger or a starter from the Championship...

I still expect Keller back in the states next season...

5. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Three Yanks on the same team? Inconceivable!

I think Keller will go where ever he can get 1st team action, regardless of the counry.

6. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    While it is open to interpretation, it could be noted that Manchester United hold the contracts of four Americans: Howard, Spector, Cooper, and Rossi. :)

7. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    blah blah Italy, blah blah Italian, blah blah blah

Think that will head 'em off on the Rossi issue?

Actually, if Van Der Sar remains injured, or moves during the transfer period, KK would be the perfect type of guy to sing as a backup.

8. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    :D

I doubt it but good try.

9. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i see the article linked actually makes not a single mention of Kasey Keller.

at all.

sheesh.

10. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Details. Details.

His speculation is no more invalid than a motherload of newspapers linking every keeper in the world to ManU because Howard had a bad run of games a couple of months ago. Just take two unrelated facts, KK relegated to bench and Fulham need keeper, and you have a match regardless of any mention by Coleman or by Keller of interest.

11. Jeff Wyatt

Jeff Wyatt New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Let us not forget that KK is only a back up because he was given no chance to start. The man could still walk onto 80% of top division teams in the world and have a shot at starting.

12. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played in some preseason matches, did pretty well, but not as good as paul robinson. Choosing paul over kasey was a smart decision, ther'es no doubing that, but him getting a shot at starting at 80 percent of the top teams is saying a bit much, i mean he did some pretty bad blunders last year with the hotspurs.

13. Jeff Wyatt

Jeff Wyatt New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    i didn't say top teams, I said top divisions. And to say he had blunders last year is laughable, he was under siege every game on an absolutely horrendous team and they should be giving him a medal for his efforts to keep them in the top flight. Yes he had blunders, but when you're constantly deflecting shots away from yourself, it's bound to happen. Without KK last year the hotspur are playing for promotion this year.

14. GoDizzGo

GoDizzGo New Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Los Anchorage
  15. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crossley is 35, has not played more than 20 games in the last eight years and has not done more than spot start for the last three years. It is far from certain that he would rate ahead of Keller.

Of course, this is just a base rumour and probably has zero to little truth to it.

16. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Okay, beating the tabs to the rumor trough is pretty impressive. :)

17. cleat/less

cleat/less New Member

May 7, 2004
    hoosier-land
    yeah, because making more money and sitting on the bench is pretty exciting for him now.

nice argument.

18. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you! :)

19. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow. does art imitate life, or...

20. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Where do you think the tabloids get their 'news' from? ;)

21. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    No doubt that damn paper just cited bigsoccer. But to be honest, you don't think McBride and Bocanegra told Coleman that they might be able to get KK and that he is a fantastic goalkeeper.

22. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    In all honesty?
    No I don't think McBride and Bocanegra have anything to do with this.
    Keller is a known quantity in England, and if a team is looking to replace a player, they have plenty of scouts and agents who know who is where and how they are performing.

First, if Fulham have their choice, they'd keep Van der Saar.
    Second, if Edwin is stalling on a new contract or wanting away, the front office is going to know about it before the players, and will have thought of other options before the players know about it.
    Now if they've already targetted Keller, then maybe they'd ask McBride and Bocanegra, but those 2 aren't going to go to management and recommend taking a look at Kasey.

The only scenario I see for Kasey going to Fulham is if they sell Van der Saar during the winter transfer period and give casey a contract to finish out this season and through the next.

But tha'ts my opinion... Coleman hasan't called me this week to ask my opinion :)

23. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee, if we can automatically speculate on Keller to Fulham, why not Howard-he's not playing, or Friedel-his team's headed for relegation, or Walker-his team sucks! ;^)

Using the Mirror as a source - even this yank knows that's a joke.

24. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know if anyone else knows this but Rossi has played for Italy blah blah blah , not intersted blah blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda..............

Sorry, someone had to do it......

25. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    ummmmm did you mean to do it in this thread?