KK:97 Abby Doesn't Love Bob

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by CRays6, Nov 3, 2004.

1. anna0180

anna0180 New Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Who was supposed to go with you? Your sis?

2. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Halftime. 1-0, Denmark still.

3. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep in mind that, for me, choosing between Bush and Kerry was like choosing between a tack hammer to the forebrain and an air taser to the nipple. Please believe me when I say that if I ran into a bunch of pro-Bush people making these arguments, I'd be saying the same thing, but with the names reversed.

So. I gather that a number of the KK regulars are pro-Kerry. Okay.

Someone brought up the legendary 'separation of church and state' argument, which is only slightly less vague than 'the right to bear arms' in modern interpretation. Firstly, someone please explain what you think 'separation of church and state' means--what it meant to those who wrote it, and what it means now.

So you don't like it that the leader of the free world is trying to enforce his evangelical opinion left and right. Okay. I can understand that. But what would've made it better for Kerry to have been enforcing his opinion? That you agree with him? Because you don't feel that Bush is leading the country in a good direction, and that Kerry would've?

Stand back and take a good, hard look at that argument. You're saying that those who are pro-Bush are wrong because you're pro-Kerry and that makes you right. That Bush's opinions are wrong, and that Kerry's are right.

Someone called all those who voted for Bush something to the effect of mindless sheep. Why? Because they voted for Bush. Because, in your opinion, making any non-Kerry choice is paramount to ludicrous idiocy, that there can be no possible justification for voting for Bush. Claims of being close-minded are casually flung with the intensity of fastballs up and in at those who vote for Bush.

Which is funny, considering how close-minded that view against Bush is.

Now, being close-minded isn't inherently bad--it just means you've decided. There's nothing wrong with being decided. But I believe there is something wrong with being decided to hurl vituperative insults at any who disagree with you for whatever reason.

People have various and sundry opinions from one another. That's a fact of life. I wish everything could be all sunshine and bunnies and rainbows, but it isn't.

So.

Big gulps, huh?

Addendum, for some modicum of balance: If evangelicals ever get on your nerves face-to-face, here are two fun questions to ask them:

For most any evangelical: What does it mean to be saved by grace? (Twenty bucks says they stand there, shocked and poleaxed, as they've probably never been asked that before)

For Catholics specifically: If John lived after Peter, and Peter was the leader of the church, and if he did indeed bestow the priesthood upon his successor and establish a line of popes as leaders of the church, then why did John receive the the prophecy of the book of Revelation? If Peter was alive, it would've been his job to receive it. If Peter had made another man pope and leader of the church, it would've been his duty to receive it. So why did John receive it?

Sorry for being so down and serious. If you want me to shut up and leave, I'll shut up and leave. But I just had to say something.

4. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    18,885 at Giants Stadium tonight, second largest of the tour so far...still no change, scorewise.

Luckenbill for Scurry to start the second half.

5. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

6. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    [Butt-head] You said wood. [/Butt-head]

:D

8. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    That folks, may just be my greatest post ever.

9. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001

10. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    We be thuggin! Yellow for Boxx :|

OK, now let's have a comeback, please :)

11. wambachfan20

wambachfan20 New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    TexASS!!

12. pimper

pimper Member

Dec 23, 2003
    i love hooper
    Yes. Of course.

13. pimper

pimper Member

Dec 23, 2003
    i love hooper

14. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    42. 69. 72. 87. Hut! Hut! Hut!

*throws bomb to Terrell Owens for touchdown*

*T.O. mocks Ray Lewis' dance in end zone* :D

15. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its 46 degrees right now so I hadda turn on the heater for the first time this year. Now I'm smelling burning dust...bleck

16. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    The correct answer is 69. Thank you for your participation......

LMFAO

17. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, so I heard that whole T.O. thing is going well out there. :) How do you feel about the Steelers coming up?

18. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    *goes to watch West Wing and give it one final chance to rebound from last week's :| episode*

This would be a good time for a Mitts game-tying or gamewinning goal, yes?

*runs* :D :D

19. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Will be the toughest game on the schedule so far, but the Eagles have played a lot of cupcakes so far. The streak may end Sunday...

20. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. wambachfan20

wambachfan20 New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    TexASS!!
    It's freezing here! My nipples just fell off....

:eek:

22. anna0180

anna0180 New Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    What's the score?

23. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *watches Grace's nips hurt themselves and land on their ass and slide down stairs*

Mmmhmmm fruit from the tree.

Sorry, I had to go there. ;)

24. pimper

pimper Member

Dec 23, 2003
    i love hooper
    *falls on the floor*

25. wambachfan20

wambachfan20 New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    TexASS!!
    *DIES*