KK 91: Y'all just don't understand!

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by BS8Jen'sUserName, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    Well, now you're getting into medical ethics and patient rights, and all I was talking about was why just eat fish on Fridays. And, why yes, since you ask, I do think change and progress can be a good thing, just like it can not be a good thing. But, hey, I think it's probably a good thing that we no longer have slavery and that we have medical advances that decrease the chances of of mothers and infants dying during child birth, and that allowed us to move away from using leeches and bleeding people in order to try to rid them of disease, and that being gay/lesbian is no longer classified as a mental illness, and that blacks and women can vote, and that heterosexuals can marry whoever they want, regardless of ethnicity, and that we have indoor plumbing, and ways to protect our food and water supplies, and a lot of other things that I'll save for later to list.

2. pimper

pimper Member

Dec 23, 2003
    i love hooper
  3. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    *mixes up foo foo drink for you*

4. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I didn't mean to question the progress that has been made, just the attitude apparent in some that any change is indeed progress, that any new idea or philosophy is some ground-breaking revelation. You want to know how to become a successful philosopher? No? Well, I'll tell you anyway. Just scrap what everyone before you has said and make up something new. Throw in some big words that not everyone will know--it'll sound impressive. Or pretentious. Either way.

5. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL I think Brandi was just suprised that Katie put a lil pepper on that. Otherwise she would have. :D

6. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    Well, I didn't say all change was good and progressive, now did I? Hmmmmmmm? I'm not so naive as to think that just because one changes something that it's necessarily a good thing, or that because we have the ability to keep a braindead person on life support for an infinite amount of time that it's a good thing. And what does being a successful philosopher have to do with eating only fish on Friday?

7. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    I'm surprised Katie didn't emulate Brandi, and rip off her shirt in celebration...lol

8. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    ROFLMFAO!!! Ellen...trick or treating....*Dies*....

9. pimper

pimper Member

Dec 23, 2003
    i love hooper
    I'm gonna need a lot. Get some shots ready too.

10. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said you had that mindset. I'm simply rather inept at expressing myself.

And what does philosophy have to do with fish on Friday? Well, we could argue about whether or not the Pope actually holds the authority of God to speak for Him and lead and guide us, but I don't want to. Besides, fish can have tons of mercury in it, and that can screw you up. Especially women that want to have children--mercury in the womb isn't safe to have. Not that that has much of anything to do with the whole argument.

So yeah.

11. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    I just got my Eurosport.... they have "USA Women" foosball ornaments.

Little foosball girls with ponytails, name and number.

Part of me says "oooooooooo" and part of me says :|

12. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    Oh, okay.

Who's arguing? I was discussing. I thought the Pope was appointed by the Cardinals. Unless I'm mistaken, none of them (or whoever it is who decides who the new Pope it) are God. And I don't think that they knew about the whole mercury in fish issue back in the day when the whole fish only on Friday thing was started. And if they did know, then why were they making people eat just fish on Fridays? :D

13. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    *lines up 10 shot glasses*

That enough?

14. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    I just got my new issue of Training & Conditioning. Mia's on the front...

15. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    are you kidding?
    concraceptives are bad
    but then so is abortion
    so no sex at all for catholics til afte marriage (explains the irish)

16. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh. Well, I misused the word 'argue' there when I truly should've said 'discuss' or something to that effect. The basic point about philosophy applying to fish Friday is that if the Pope isn't appointed by God in one way or another (one may decide to argue that if the cardinals held the authority of God, and if they used it correctly, then they would by proxy be appointing whomever God wanted to be Pope), then it's more or less a philosophical tenet. Just something that someone in power came up with because he thought it was something worth doing and had the power to make it so. If you take the authority of God out of any religion, what you have left is people making philosophical guesses based on scriptures and writings they possess. You have the base scripture, something all the members of church (hopefully--otherwise, why are they there?) agree on, being interpreted by someone who, lacking God's authority, isn't by default any better or worse than Random Q. Countryman. You basically have a philosophical discussion group with scripture instead of the writings of Kierkegaard or Kant.

Which is basically how I feel most churches are.

17. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    um. i'm catholic. and mute is catholic. and mute goes to church every sunday and hasn't missed for 14 years.

religion, as taught by my religion teacher at my catholic high school, is a vehicle. you find which vehicle suits you best to reach god, but by no means do you have to believe in every single word or edict. religion is merely a way to get to god. why would you let anyone tell you how and control how you talk to god?

18. wambachfan20

wambachfan20 New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    TexASS!!
    Hey Bob, I found some more Abby pictures for you. :p

[​IMG]

RB, the ass picture is for you. LMAO!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS. Sorry General, I know you hate Abby *winks*, but I couldn't help myself.

19. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But then sex is very, very (very) good, at least when done well, which in part explains contraceptives and abortion--not wanting an unwanted pregnancy to muss up one's lifestyle.

20. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    Like I said:

21. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    no more everything in latin and the preist actually faces and talks to you
    YAY

22. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *brain fizzling over religious discussion...getting that Dubya foam at the corner of my mouth*

I like Cocoa Puffs.

23. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm more of a Cinnamon Toast Crunch man myself. I don't think chocolate was meant for breakfast--really, you should at least wait until 11 AM.

24. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    Right. Which is why I was asking about the fish on Friday thing. Like, where'd that come from, and why? What was the reasoning behind it. I guess I shoulda treated it like I do math -- just take it at face value, and don't ask why.

Well, yeah.

25. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say for breakfast silly. :D

I dig me some Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast.