KK 180: Stay Fresh

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by DeigoRedD, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    [​IMG]

Yeah, I can't even read these. When people start dissecting posts sentence-by-sentence, it becomes less about helping the person understand your point and everything to do with winning an argument. It's like watching Sisyphus at work.

Y'all should jump in and just shoot the shit. And/or suggest if someone wants a 'serious' thread, they should start their own. I mean, it's not like y'all don't have an entire ********ing forum to yourselves. Not just one thread. You'd think someone would eventually get that.

(And if those who I'm referring to walk in: It's nothing personal. I've been in those kinds of debates before. But it's getting to be a drag.)

2. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    link to this awesome debate please....

oh, and also... ended up not living on my car.. instead, the producer of the movie I worked on last fall told me she would kill me if she found out I was staying on my car and now I'm living at her house for the time being.... she produces feature films, her husband does commercials, they are really nice people and since I've been here I've worked on 9 commercials thanks to her husband... so guess who is doing another commercial on monday and tuesday??

yep, that's me.... a Fiat commercial that will air mainly in Brazil and another parts of Southamerica... and this one of the memorable quotes form the actor I'm working with:

"Oh no, Mrs. Robinson. I think you are the most attractive of all my parents friends. I mean that. I find you desirable."

:D :D :D

It's funny how crazy the business is here in Hollywood, one day you think you are going to sleep on your car, the next you are shooting an international commercial.. this really is a roller coaster..

3. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  4. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    It sounds like a blast. I mean, an emotionally draining blast, but a blast none the less. :)

5. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    Yes, it does.

6. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I agree it's nothing personal and I am gulity when I get really riled up, but yeah it's not fun. I wish we could supply rock-em-sockem boppers and solve the disputes once and for all.

Glad things are looking up for you Dianamo. Maybe you will shoot a commercial with Marta one day.

I had some great wheat harvest nut pancakes from IHOP, this morning, when we went for breakfast with my dad. I must replicate that awesomenss in my kitchen. Aside from the dollop of butter.

I hope everyone had a pleasurable day, depite what their family situations may be. I know some of these holidays can be hard on people.

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get so tired of threads in the uswnt forum. I can't bring myself to click the threads anymore. I mean I know I can post some long @ss posts but I try not to say the same things over and over and over and over in all the threads regardless of topic.

Maybe that's my biggest gripe atm -- the fact that threads in there end up being about whatever floats into someone's head instead of sticking (roughly) on topic. Not every freaking post has to be in whatever thread happens to be first in line. Start a new freaking thread.

Anyway. It is a Monday. I'm blah and really don't have anything fun or remotely interesting to post here for your entertainment.

8. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  9. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Norge - USA 3-1 (0-0)

Sted: Steinberg stadion. Leogang

Mål: 0-1 Carli Lloyd (60.min), 1-1 Emilie Bosshard Haavi (65.min), 2-1 Lene Mykjåland (67.min), 3-1 Cecilie Pedersen (82.min)

Norges lag: Ingrid Hjelmeseth (Erika Skarbø 46.min) - Marita Skammelsrud Lund, Runa Vikestad, Maren Mjelde, Guro Knutsen Mienna - Emilie Bosshard Haavi (Ingrid Ryland 84.min), Trine Rønning, Ingvild Stensland (Gry Tofte Ims 78.min), Madeleine Giske (Lene Larsen Kaurin 59.min) - Lene Mykjåland, Isabell Herlovsen (Cecilie Pedersen 68.min)

===

Still want to lick my tears, Mook?

:D :p

10. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Dare I ask how many meaningless matches you have to lose before it stops being meaningless?

11. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    OMG! I came! I'm a ig closet Lira sta. Lira! Lira! Lira! Ooooooh. As you ca see two keys o y keyoard do't work. Sorry guys.

Yes. This is oviously oe of those Pia decoy matches. To make them thik we're slippig ut we're ot.

12. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Seems like more than just two keys ;).

So are you happy now, Bonnie? :D Looks like US was so awed by Lloyd's "beautiful strike from distance" (wording from wnt blog), that Norway just tore into them afterward with all of their pent-up frustrations. Or something like that.

Today I was thinking the good news is that I may have internet during the middle of the Cup now, so that I can watch the games from northern MN. But now maybe this is a bad thing? I really have to pick another team or two to root for when we exit after the group stage.

[can you sense that I've already thrown in the towel? I'm not even going to get mad about it - lost cause.]

13. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    If Norway tanks, there's always Germany for me ...

:D

14. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  15. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  16. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's something I wanted to tell a person I saw on the street this evening but kept to myself:

If I can see your butt cheeks then your shirt dress is really a shirt and you need to put on pants.

For a while it was in fashion to claim that the team should lose more games...but I digress.

And Bonnie, you said the other day you were feeling too bitchy for the boards. You're not alone. I've been pretty bitchy in the USWNT of late. And I do not foresee my mood improving.

17. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  18. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Yeah, some days I'll read something or maybe just find myself in a foul mood. I try not to post those days. It's those times I find myself writing long posts -- then deleting them before posting. :eek:

19. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I'm nodding off at my desk. I think that means I should go to sleep. This past week almost killed me ...

20. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    Instead of sheep. Are you going to count Norway's goals to go to sleep?;)

21. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    I do, i do!!! I' ve been working since 5:00 am and probably have 2 more hours of work to be ready for tomorrow's shoot. I'm currently eating frozen yougurt (strawberry and vanilla) with chocolate chips and reece's chips.

Added bonus: on top of having the opportunity to work with Dustin Huffman tommorrow, the person directing the commercial directed "The constant Gardener" so I'm pretty happy about that. I don't care what people say, I can work here for 20 years, I will always get gaga about talented individuals that happen to be famous and I don't think there is nothing wrong with it.

Is there?

22. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nope.

It's probably the opposite. When it stops being cool and awe-inspiring, that's when you're in trouble. :)

23. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
  24. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
  25. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Opened a savings and checking account today. Keyboard is still not doing ns and bs. Copy/Paste is a friend.