KK 180: Stay Fresh

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by DeigoRedD, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    just to be random
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQqHam7eKOY"]YouTube - Jane Austen's Mafia - Last scene[/ame]

2. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call a spade a spade one time and all of a sudden I've got a reputation. ;)

3. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I'm more of a club, really.

:D

4. kittenbiscuits

kittenbiscuits New Member

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    omg finally (sort of) over the flu i picked up in NY. with all the coughing i've done i don't think i need to do any ab work for the next month or so.
    how was everyone's new year?

5. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Very meh. Worked, had my riding lesson canceled ... but I did drag my aunt to Olive Garden in T'hassee and we also went through the World Market holiday clearance sale.

6. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Lilly finally retired. US soccer better re-up.

7. kittenbiscuits

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now, i might finally like the Breakers

8. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Bah-zing. My ex creature of a roommate was bragging about how she got to go to some WUSA Breaker games b/c someone in her family knew Lilly's family. (That really brought her stock down for me not to mention her taking sides in 07, not more so because she took sides but because she underperformed and it covered it up). Creature didn't know the WPS has started, so I guess she was only in it for the Lilly/Breaker perks.

SN: I have decided I WILL NEVER be a Philty fan, I'm just going to support Tasha. I can't be partial to a team whose fans are afraid to critique their own team. You say twenty nice things and one bad thing (that everyone other than they feel) and they throw a hissy or deny the hell out of it.

Kara Lang also officially announced her retirement today. I heard about it this weekend, but I didn't think it'd really happen. I mean she's only 24.

9. kittenbiscuits

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    growing up a detroit lions fan there was never an issue criticizing my prefered team. Same with Michigan State football. Not so true for MSU Basketball. Praise be to Izzo. (despite this years so far shitty record).

10. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Why did Kara Lang retire?

11. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I had foot surgery. I spent New Years clutching a bottle of Vicodin. ......btw my Android auto spells Vicodin....

12. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I still have leftover Vicodin from my tooth infection.

==

I respect Lilly, but I don't think she was ever one of my faves. Not sure why, really. Kind of like how I was never in love with Hamm, but I adored Milbrett or why I praise Ragnhild Gulbrandsen and Linda Medalen, but I never warmed up to Dagny Mellgren or Marianne Pettersen.

13. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Off to do some light cleaning and getting the steaks ready for my aunt's birthday. I can only hope to look as good as she does when I'm that age. (Almost 60)

14. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's a part of being a fan. Yes we all love the fantastic highs of the big wins, upsets, and spectacular plays. But we also hit those tragic lows of losing records paired with excessive taunting, bruises from hitting our heads against walls, beheading coaches.

If a general consensus is made about your team by many, you can't just say "Oh everyone is just picking on us." Especially if you had a decent season. What the hell are you complaining about? :confused: Especially if you know that a VERY questionable call got you in the finals.

Did Tasha Kai fall a bit easy in 09? Idk I heard those winds were gusty. :cool: Should Sol fans be upset? Yes. Truth be told though it was only a matter of time SBFC was playing as tough as they ever had played.

If you're neck and neck and someone "MIGHT" :rolleyes: have knocked the ball in the net with their hand, while they were shielded by their teammate, who looked like she had just won the lottery when there was a no call.

Then Jesus be a MLK fan to the fried piece of jerky I thought was my brain, which apparently I don't have.

Basically she said she was too young to be feeling that old. Her body was really bothering her, she has a lot of pain. I could see her coming back after giving it a long hard rest.

DRRRRROID!

15. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I also like the "lesser knowns." Generally my favorites are people who are not as celebrated on the boards. I just go with those I can relate to or who inspire me as a former athlete and human being. What can I say? I like to go against the grain.

16. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -- Had a great time. Went to a concert by an 80s tribute band with good friends.

-- I'm still a Lions fan and always will be - and yes, I was in the house for the win over the vikings.

-- I'm a State fan too - Izzo's done so much with the program, it's understandable to have a stumble or two along the way.

17. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What songs did they play?

So you were there that season they didn't win any games? Bless your heart.

18. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I thought this would be a good question to ask here, since I know it won't get all "questioney" and no one will start flexin.

Do you think it's a bad thing to keep a player around too long? Does it work against the rebuilding of the team and the acceptance of fans?

19. kittenbiscuits

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

its cliche of me but i really like Grings. She's pretty good on the pitch and whenever i see her "get low" starts playing in my head.

20. kittenbiscuits

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there was a lot of cussing. most of us are pretty pleased with the 5 wins this year WOO!

21. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So you're from MI?

22. kittenbiscuits

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, specifically the dutch portion of the state. while not dutch myself my lack of melanin, blond hair and light eyes let me blend right in.

23. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I always imagined you to be from the slick talking hustler portion. j/k :D

Have you ever had a relative that lived on the part across from "The Mit?"

ETA: Kitten I got a little "hot under the hood' or however you say it.

24. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    If they're not doing their job and/or their best years are behind them, then yes, it's bad to keep them and it definitely affects team rebuilding and yes, even fan support.

But if they're a rock solid player, and get good results, then no.

Unless they're a drama queen (king?) or cause problems on or off the field, affect team chemistry, etc., there shouldn't be any reason to get rid of them. If anything, you'd want to have a couple of pillars around that you could build a new team off of. The old trains the new and so forth.

If they're good, then why would the fans not accept them?

25. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I wish some Norwegians would see her as a good example. Thirty is not the do all end all of your career. Or even 28/29. She came back from a lengthy hiatus and she's been kicking ass ever since.

I'm sure she'll slow down eventually, but she's riding that wave as long as she can and I admire her for that.