KK 131 - Blast you stupid goalpost!

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by cloudedmind, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudedmind

cloudedmind BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 7, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    Given that all I posted about yesterday was Abby.... let's kick this off the right way:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    My kid got beaned in baseball today.

Then he stole second.

3. cm91fan

cm91fan New Member

Dec 21, 2001
    2 weeks left here
    I got elbowed in the face, now i have cute little stitches in my nose.

4. Mel10

Mel10 New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    in your underpants
    let me guess, this is you now

[​IMG]

5. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    *spits water everywhere*

GIMME FIVE

6. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    I hate it when you accidentally unsubscribe to a thread and then you can't find it again.

EDIT Post #6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
  8. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
  9. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    LMFAO That's funny.

10. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
  11. cloudedmind

Mar 7, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hahahaha. That is pretty damned funny.

I sat in a bus before where I was right by the toilet.... OY did that smell....

*shudders at the memory*

12. cloudedmind

Mar 7, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD

ROTFLMAO. That's not the black dude with herpes or whatever.... :D

13. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    80 year old African American male with chronically itchy skin.

14. cloudedmind

Mar 7, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD

OH yeah. Hahahaha.

15. cloudedmind

Mar 7, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    Dammit, it's raining now! And it'll prolly rain tomorrow during our game too...

*shakes fist*

16. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm back home. Did ya miss me?

I was literally front and center for the game. It was raining the whole game. But I still had a blast. :D

My impressions:

Greg is putting together a good mix of experience and youth. They seem to be working together really well. And I only heard positive encouragements coming from Ryan the whole game. He was complimenting the creative footwork and risky passes whether they connected or not.

I didn't take my digital because it was pouring rain and the poor thing isn't waterproof.

Millie back on the USWNT! Woohooo! She was working hard out there. And she was making some killer crosses across the net trying for an assist. I'm betting she starts the game in Portland and goes for the gusto for goal 100. I'ma look forward to her and Abby getting game time together.

Lilly's footwork is even more amazing when you're watching it that close. She's definitely a great leader out there. Was talking to the younger players to calm them down and keep their heads in the game.

Heather O was working hard trying to make some thing happen.

Aly was playing with a fire in her gut. It was cool to see. And her one shot went well over the goal post. I told the guys next to me. "Foudy may be gone. But her shots well over the goal are now being taken by Aly."

Backline of Chalupny, Reddick, Markgraf and LePeilbet were solid. LePeilbet has spunk and she takes good angles like Reddick and is willing to get tough like Markgraf. Thats a youngin' who's gonna be fun to watch as well as Chalupny (whose nickname is clearly Chalupa...the poor thing...even Ryan was calling her that).

I'm not gonna join the Church of however many minutes Pauk says...but I think Solo could be a solid gk for us. She was calling the ball and working well with the defense. I don't get that feeling when Lucks is on the field.

And damn Lucks is hella big girl! She walks up to the stands for autographs at the end of the game and I'm like whoa.

After the game I got to chat with Heather O for a few as a couple of her friends from college were sitting behind me so she came to talk to them but they were telling her how into the game I was. They made a point of including me in the convo which was cool.

I've now got a USWNT hat with the following signatures on it: Heather O, Lucks, Solo, LePeilbet, Lilly and Reddick. Uh huh. Happy me. And even happier was the little girl I was helping get the players to sign her autograph book.

And Reddick is a big ol' goof ball. I got her to shake the hands of the guys who were now fans of the team. The were awed at how far she took kicks and throwins. A kid asked if he could take her pic while she was signing my hat. She had a sharpie in her mouth as she said, "Yep." And then just as he clicked the pic, she whipped it out and gave a big ol' grin. I congratulated her on her engagement, to which I got a big smile and a thanks.

After that exchange, I had to go because my ride back to Norfolk showed up. No Abby or Kate autographs for me as they started signing late and on the other side of the field.

Definitely a good time for me.

17. cloudedmind

Mar 7, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    Glad you had a good time!

I would say, "I wish I was there..." but with that rain.... nah. :) Hehehe.

18. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    :D

*mouth drops*

Was that.....was that....a teeny-tiny endorsement of Solo?? :p

This Church's minutes can vary - always upward, though. It's now 360 minutes *makes mental note to change stuff at left of Keira's avatar*

19. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    [Mel voice] Meh. [/Mel voice]

We get Josh Groban for Live 8 Saturday. Didja hear? He could have been in Hyde Park, but he's Philly's. ALL TO OURSELVES! SO THERE! :p

:rolleyes:

Can this lineup get any more 'meh'? Def Leppard, now Josh Groban (that almost offsets the slightly positive impact of getting the Black Eyed Peas, Alicia Keys and Toby Keith, which were also added to the Philly lineup today).

Wake the fsck up over there; Bruce? Eminem? The Stones? Prince? What, they're unavailable? :mad:

20. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah a tiny Solo endorsement.

But I will balance it out that I was happy that Mitts wasn't on the field.

:D

Amy L did a damn fine job out there in her place. She was a tad nervous at the start but she kept listening to Cat and Greg's directions and settled down nicely.

21. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    :|

22. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    *seal claps* at

<-------------

Not counting stoppage time, of course :D

23. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    I got the seal clap copywrited.

You need express written consent to use it.

24. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    LMAO.

:p :D

25. cloudedmind

Mar 7, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    Just like I have the fist shake patented. :D

I need to get royalties.