Kirovski - almost news

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dbiesecker, Oct 10, 2003.

1. dbiesecker

dbiesecker Member

Jul 1, 2002
    CO
    According to the Birmingham City website, Crewe Alexandra manager Neil Baker tried to take Jovan on loan. However, work permit issues prevented it. Too bad, he could use the action, though he's been a regular in the reserves.

2. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    :rolleyes:

Come home, Jovan.

3. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. What he said.

4. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually there's no point now as long as he's cashing an EPL paycheck.

But before next season starts up, yeah go play for Chivas in your hometown.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    I've been a big fan of Jovan's for a long time but he's really got to decide whether or not he's EVER going to contribute to the Nats again. I think the only way he can do that is by coming to MLS. He needs playing time and PT with an MLS club has got to be better than consistent work with the reserves. Plus he would learn how to play the American style and fit in better with the Nats.

6. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    He's not Mexican.

Besides, he's making over a million per year. He's not coming home to make 270K.

7. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not for much longer he's not.

8. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    Who say he's gonna play in MLS?

9. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    2 more years on his contract after this one

10. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he's happy?

For what reason does he have to make this decision? What would it matter if he makes the decision or not? Have you considered that maybe he has already made his decision? Has it crossed your mind that maybe he is comfortable with the choice he has made based on what his core values are? Have you taken into account the possibility that his core values might not be what you assume they should be? Can't you just let well enough alone?

IIRC, the Nats did just fine in Korea without Jovan.

11. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    why would there be WP problems? I thought all that was sorted out when he married the Portuguese woman.

12. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the first word in the phrase might provide some indication to Jovan's problem ... work permit. If it were a Pine Permit, Jovan would have been cleared very quickly.

13. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Potential sig material there. :)

14. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't it about time we removed him from our radar screens? Sheesh. Never was, never will be.

15. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    sad story.On a side note, I happened to be vacationing in a house this summer and needed a book.The owners of the house had Sir Alex Ferguson's autobiography on the shelf. In it , he describes his frustation that he could not get a work-permit for Jovan. He states that he thought Jovan was a very good and promising player.

16. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    If you take a moment to think about this statement, it is quite bothersome.

That's some harsh treatment for anybody, especially someone who as an alternate to a team that reached the WC quarterfinals and is currently contracted to an EPL team for the next 2 years.

I really don't see any harm in keeping him on the radar screen. Is he taking away USNT minutes from a personal favorite player of yours or something? Why all the disrespect for a guy you don't even know?

17. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm 99% sure that his wife is not Portuguese. I'm not sure when this rumour started, but I'm pretty sure someone who knows the family posted in this forum that his wife was American. This makes sense, as it was touch and go for him to get the permit with BC last year.

Lee

18. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have 249 posts, so I'm gonna guess you're a newbie. The reasons for this "harsh treatment" have been discussed on these boards for over 5 years. I've been following his career since he went to ManUre many moons ago, so I "know him" well enough to make these judgements.

I wish him all the best, but he has no business getting close to the USMNT anymore.

19. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    With all the fat paychecks JK has collected over the years for riding the pine, I hope he doesn't cry poverty after his contract with Brum has expired.

20. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    if i were Jovan, i'd stay as long as possible, making a million dollars and doing nothing.

plus, maybe his goal should be to become a bench warmer in all the major European leagues. he still has France, Italy, and Spain to go. plus, he needs to be a rarely used sub on a team that wins the UEFA Cup, to complement his Champions League winner's medal.

21. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jovan has never been a surefirel Nat guy, as much as some of would have liked him to be. And he clearly is happy playing reserves and earning a lot of cash in bigger leagues than MLS, which for a fan of game might be understandable but is frustrating.
    However, he is still a yank aboard, Hell, he's a yank where-ever he hangs his hat (euphemism police, please stop me).
    btw, the Chivas reference is that Chivas is buying into MLS, starting a team. Can't remember where, but it might be houston or something down below.

22. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    His wife is an American of Portuguese decent.

23. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    no one posting on this thread could hold the guy's jock strap

Kiro is still in the Nats pool, and you losers make me laugh thinking you know better.

24. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    If Jovan is "in the pool" it is only because he is there hanging by a measly thread. If you look at the USMNT depth at forward and attacking mid, he is pretty low on the depth chart right now. If Jovan starts to get first team action (whether by substitute or by starter) then Jovan gets back in the pool immediately. Until that time though, he is a borderilne player at best.

But hey, he is a much better soccer player than me. So what do I know.

25. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll agree with that-- and as I said a couple of weeks ago on a similar thread, no one has gotten more chances than Jovan and done less with those chances.

On the basis of merit and past performance with the national team, Jovan Kirovski doesn't deserve a call-up and is quite over-rated by some of the rank and file here. And I'm sure that there are strikers playing in MLS who are more deserving of getting a call-up than Jovan is.