Kingsley & Schmidt to Perform Live at 1515 Market Thursday Night

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Rapids Front Office, Oct 22, 2003.

1. KINGSLEY AND SCHMIDT PLAY AT 1515 MARKET THURSDAY NIGHT

Don’t miss your chance to catch Rapids midfielder Zach Kingsley and forward Casey Schmidt, as their new band performs live this Thursday night at 1515 Market St.!

The guys will be performing songs from their new CD, Drive West. The show starts around 9:00pm, so get there early!

Admission is free, and all proceeds from the sales of their CD benefit the Rapids Foundation and Grassroot Soccer, which funds AIDS education.

And to listen to the title track of Drive West, click here: http://coloradorapids.com/movies/Drive_West_60.mp3

2. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN.....

3. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *LOL* I know feel dumber for having listened to that... DUDE, creative tip #1... Learn how to write some lyrics!!! the moon-june garbage doesn't cut it. Creative tip #2... if you can't ROCK, at least try and fake it!... Creative tip #3... One lick, a song does not make, you're not Big Head Todd, and even he uses two a tune...

Stick to Soccer boys...

4. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    Well there it is right there.

5. puglogic

puglogic New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    Leave it to you guys to bash a benefit show. Nice going...maybe you'd be willing to let people form their own opinions, and support a couple of good causes while they're at it?

The boys are okay by me, by the way. I'll be the one there buying 'em a round. Imagine that.

6. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you a Republican, Legend? You only believe in using the part of the quote that makes you're (missed) point?

Yeah, I went out of my way to bash a fundraiser...
    (I didn't type a word about the cause)

Write a fvckin' check, save your $$$ on the round for the boys that can buy their own, and send it to the charitable organizations you so valiantly came out for your 11th post to defend.

Maybe you'd be willing to leave me to my opinion as well...

Fvcking holier than thou's one and all...

Just because they choose to pimp their music through the guise of a fundraiser, doesn't make my critique of their garbage music any less valid, or make me an anti-fundraising for aids and soccer-related organization... IF I were them, and it was my music, I would consider anyone paying to hear that shite, to be charitable, so I guess it's fitting...

7. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Is the concert going to be televised?

8. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids

Not live, just on tape delay.

9. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    By the way, for anyone getting too critical of this "music", remember that there are plenty of bands that are considered genius, great and successful and all of that, but still suck.

Let's keep it in perspective, music is a hobby for them.

10. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, there is that thread from a while back called "Drive West on TV" :)

I said it before & I'll say it again: there's a gender thing going on with this music. "Drive West" is cut from the same mold as music by Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, and John Mayer. For some reason, all my female friends dig this music and all my male friends refer to it as p**sy music. So, gents, grab a chick who likes Jack Johnson and go to 1515 and support a good cause while having a fun night out.

11. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    Tell me you did that on purpose.

12. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    "Is the concert going to be televised?"

Yes, during half time of the Dallas game :)

13. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    I see you on the john mayer and jack johnson, especially john mayer. But to put ben harper in the same category to me is an injustice (unless, maybe if all you've heard is "steal my kisses", "own to hands" and the like).

Of course I like ben harper.

signed,
    pu__y music lover

14. puglogic

puglogic New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    Before or after the monster truck rally?

15. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, did anyone catch the show? Or is it too early for anyone who was there to be posting because it was such a rockin' good time?

16. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    I'm assuming, after having listened to the cd, that you guys would rather not talk about it.