Kim Tae Young Retires

Discussion in 'Korea' started by cosmicbutthairs, Dec 6, 2004.

1. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    Link

You'll be missed in the back line. :(

The friendly againest Germany will be his last match.

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He'll probably be back in the lineup in about a month after he and the team realizes we have no viable options at D.

3. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    havent seen much of kim tae young after goldmember came......but thank you kim tae young for everything.....and goldmember better call up kim for the germany game.....

4. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

Sucks that he isn't younger. He's a damn pitbull when it comes to defense. I still remember him out hustling Morientes from behind who was on a fast break towards a 1-on-1 with Lee WoonJae. He outran him as if his life depended on it.

Still clearly remember the slow-motion replay of him tumbling down while a butterfly flew over him after clearing and taking away possession of the ball from Morientes. Moments like that defined our squad's reknown "never-say-die" mentality.

5. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    word.

that slow-mo replay really got me emotional..

BUT..

i thought it was luis enrique who got out-hustled by kim tae young, no?

6. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

Oh yeah, it was Luis Enrique not Morientes.

7. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Here's a potentially viable option.

I say use Cha Du Ri as defender. He got physical size and speed to be a good defender and can't score asforward anyway. However, he really needs to be careful in not getting yellow and red cards :rolleyes:

8. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Im a STRONG believer that defenders are born not made. The position has more to do with the mental approach aspect than physical attributes.

Cha is built like a mac truck but I really dont think Cha has what it takes to live up to this position. I used to think Cha was the second coming now I see him as a bit bull headed and he doesnt really seem to see the pitch too well.

9. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    cha is good as winger.....fast, strong, ok dribbling.....he also has a good heading ability...and strong on the ball as well...

10. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    But at some point, he needs to score and assist in consistent manner. He hasn't done either consistently in his entire pro & Korean NT career. :(