Kim Min-jae @ SSC Napoli 2022-2023 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by poebae, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    De Laurentis may block at least one of those transfers.

2. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    looks like he's becoming more open to selling Osihmen for the "right" price but the last thing he wants to do is lose KMJ and Kvara

LeeSeungWoo and Testator repped this.
  3. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Finding a good CF is easier than finding a good CB. Most kids try to play attacking roles.

4. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'd really like to see KMJ stay at Napoli with Spaletti one more year

seolseol, Testator and Kanuck repped this.
  5. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What's the lateat news on the injury?

6. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #206 Kanuck, Mar 12, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    same wrist (calf?) strain from Qatar. Spalletti saying he'll be fine but still getting it scanned today. some possum play as well, some reports saying calf he favoured coming off, others wrist.

nmssis and seolseol repped this.
  7. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    But y'all seen how skinny he got?

Bluewings21 repped this.
  8. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The way Spalletti deploys KMJ has a lot to do with it.

9. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Napoli advanced to the UCL quarterfinals for the first time in its history.
    Congrats on KMJ for being a part of such remarkable milestone.
    As a usual he put another solid performance on the pitch today.

seolseol repped this.
  10. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yep rock solid once again. At 3-0 - smart move by Spalletti to take him and other starters off. Knicked a ball today and went on a crazy run on goal but waited too long to get his shot off. Better play would have been trying to find Osihmen at the far post but goes to show how much confidence he's playing with. With every showing in the CL, the big sharks circle tighter and tighter but is there a better place to be playing football in Europe right now than Napoli? If they bring home the Scudetto, Spalletti & his boys will become legends forever. If they somehow manage to win The Champions on top of it - Napoli will be partying for months on end. They will not know what to do with themselves.

11. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Napoli are now my official desired team to win the Champions League- the Monster is the only Asian left with a shot at it.

12. CaliforniaSoccerDad

Mar 29, 2022
    California
    That would be insane...
    There's an Italian guy in an indoor league I play on... he's trying to hide his enthusiasm (trying not to jinx himself) but he might self combust if Napoli pulls it off in the CL...

Kanuck repped this.
  13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Man, I so hope this happens because not only does he deserve to win the UCL this season but their entire team deserves to win it as well. I've been a long time fan of Spalletti, and albeit he'll never manage the knt, this is probably the best and closest thing you can get considering Kim Min-jae is there lol. Spalletti has done wonders for Napoli thus far and I don't really want Kim Min-jae to move next season considering he’s got so much good for him going on atm.

Forza Napoli! All aboard the Spalletti train lolol.

indestructible, Testator and Kanuck repped this.
  14. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    some childhood friends of mine, their family are Napolitano and they are some of the most superstitious people i have EVER met. They are literally losing their shizz. This team, bench included will be annointed. Osi and Kvaradona are blowing minds but KMJ also is truly beloved. The whole team, every single player, deserves praise and Spalletti is a genius. It's crazy what we are seeing.

btw, love the Vizsla

15. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    bro, when he signed, we knew he was gonna learn under Spalletti but to follow KMJ's progression this season and to enjoy Napoli's ride - as a football fan you can't ask for more.

Seol Korea repped this.
  16. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Never say never on Spalletti managing the KNT. Of course, not happening right now, but perhaps the prestige of Korean football gets raised enough that big names become interested in the job.

The seeds of a fan song about KMJ have popped up on my head, based on the fact that Napoli rhymes with makkeolli.:ROFLMAO:

17. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    An excellent QF draw for Napoli. Both Milanese teams are on their path to the final.

Seol Korea and Testator repped this.
  18. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wow, don't they avoid City and RM in the other bracket? Italian Derby is perfect for them.

19. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Real Madrid are the most important to avoid. Modrić is doing some weird necromancy spells to keep them in a fight. I'm a Croat, and he's our greatest player of all time by number of accomplishments, but Real Madrid winning things has become booooorrrrinnng. And...my favorite player in the Croatian team is not Modrić. It is...ducks yeot...Ivan Perišić.

So, Monster, please eat anyone in your path. Even the esteemed Onion (Luka's nickname in Croatia). Mind the alcohol/cigarettes-tasting Brozović. I've no idea how he can run that much while being a fan of these things.

20. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah Brozo is old school... hahaha. I love Modric, VJr and Karim, but agree, RM winning again? Nobody wants to see that. Seems all true footy fans who are neutrals want to see Napoli go all the way. It would be great for the game. Osihmen was already on people's radar the last few seasons, and he's now a "must buy" for the big teams, but it's amazing how Kvicha and KMJ were nobodies and have now become "must buy" as well.

21. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    #221 Testator, Mar 17, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    Osimhen was a wonderkid on FM before his talent really came out. For a bit I thought he was overhyped and possibly just older than his documents said, but no. Real deal.

Kvaratskhelia on the other hand...wow. From a country nobody in the footballing world cares about. And he might build a massive legacy in his first crack at top level football.

Messi has won a lot, but there is something special about a guy born in a country that might never see the World Cup going to the top, and potentially nabbing 2 major titles so early in his career. Same for Rrahmani. It's kind of sad, too. Winning the EC and/or WC is the crown of footballing achievements, but Georgia and Kosovo can't do it. Probably Slovakia neither, although Lobotka does his job reliably.

This is why I at least want a semi-realistic miracle to happen. Enter Kim Min-jae and KNT. He'll lift a a Scudetto very soon. Champions League is realistic. Now, the World Cup...it'd take a big miracle. But hey, being one of the best CB-s in the world counts for something? A top 10 set piece taker is there, two pretty good wingers, a hard-working attacking midfielder who can run in support of two promising, bulky strikers. Someone up there, please enlighten Klinsmann and Herzog to cook up good tactics for various challenges. I hope they'll prepare the team well to succeed on the pitches of North America.

I will have hope in my heart, for Korea has given me it, having performed miracles twice before. KNT has done what a bottle of antidepressants can't. I now have crazy fantasies of Korea winning the WC instead of dark thoughts.:D

Seol Korea, morimotomania93 and Kanuck repped this.
  22. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    I hope with all my heart that Napoli will win this champion league, they play soccer so well! if not about Korea, I would love to see Korea or Japan win it one day. As a Japan and Korea fan, I would be so happy! By the way, except Japan and Korea, the only team I would like to see win the world cup is Croatia, because they deserve it so much.

Testator repped this.
  23. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    https://sports.news.naver.com/news?oid=450&aid=0000092617

김민재: 좀 힘들고, 멘탈적으로도 무너져 있는 상태고. 당분간 아니 당분간이 아니라 지금 소속팀에서만 집중할 생각입니다.

B기자: 힘들다는 것은 이적설이나 이런 것 때문을 말하는 것인가요?

김민재: 그냥 축구적으로 힘들고, 몸도 힘들고. 대표팀보다는 소속팀에서 좀 XXX 쓰고 싶어요.

A기자: 이 말씀이 조율이 된 건지? 갑자기 나오신 말씀인지.

김민재: 조율이 됐다고는 말씀 못 드리겠다. 이야기는 나누고 있었는데. (본 기자 촬영 영상 종료)

24. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    What he’s saying is after playing in Napoli with elite players, he’s mentally tired of having to explain why the performance of KNT’s defense should fall on his shoulders. He’s frustrated with his teammates but don’t want to rat them out… is what I’m getting out of this.

I dont blame the guy. These players need a break once in a while without need to travel internationally

the rainmaker and nmssis repped this.
  25. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah do feel for him. It's why Sonny in many ways over compensates when he's flying KNT badge.

But we've been so poor at defending set pieces for so long and too many of our FBs get beaten and dribbled so easily that I can just imagine his (KMJ's) frustration.