Kim Jin-su @ TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 2015-2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Gayageum, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yes...in the wrong direction...

2. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Still, he's a team changer lol.

Seol Korea and Ice cube repped this.
  3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  4. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
  5. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So if it wasn't clear by now it should be pretty obvious he should gtfo right

6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Sadly no one wants him.

Chingoo and skimmilk repped this.
  7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    This goes for all of our 3 international LBs. We're doomed (in the person of SSM).

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    At least KJS and PJH are training. I'm sure even without match practice that they're better than SSM.

In fact I'd prefer going with 10 men rather than SSM out there

9. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

not true for Park JH, he is opting to stay w/ BvB. he consistently stated he wants to risk & take his chance since last season. he had various rumors linking him away... unlike Kim JS.

10. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    There were rumors but if there was a serious offer he'd have left already.
    Mainz manager told himself that he'd rather take a younger one and also Bremen seems to prefer the younger Augustinsson and Bauer over Park.
    No other team is known to be interested in him.

The sources are also very disunited:

From 9.8.:
    그는 지난 시즌 리그와 컵 대회를 통틀어 총 11번에 출전했다. 기량을 유지하기에는 턱없이 부족한 기회. 이에 박주호는 이적을 추진하고 있지만 아직 그에게 관심을 갖는 클럽이 없다. 반등을 위해서는 여름 이적 시장을 통해 새로운 팀으로 거취를 옮겨야 한다.

Another source:
    지쎈 측은 여러 팀의 관심이 있던 것은 사실이지만 밀도 있는 협상이 이뤄지지는 않았다고 했다.

It seems true that PJH is fine with staying at Dortmund and fighting for a place unless he gets a real offer (unlike Kim whose agent is desperately looking for a club). I respect him for his courage. But as an objective viewer, this is so illusional. He couldn't play last season and now he has one of the most promising LB in front of him with Raphael Guerreiro. So he can't rely on injury prone Schmelzer.
    Stielike already warned him about not playing.
    And you know that during transfer window one's opinion can change from one day to another.

11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yeah I know. Was joking. I doubt SSM will wear the national dress ever again.

12. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    difference between Park JH & Kim JS..

if Park JH wants to leave, he can find a club. yes, if a serious offer from decent club comes.. I'm sure he will likely leave but atm, he is opting to stay with BvB. he isn't forced to leave either..... & yes, odds are stacked against him but not delusional either. props to Park JH for taking the challenge unlike many others

Kim JS on the other hand... the club/manager is basically forcing him to leave. he switched agent/agencies to find a new club this summer.. and yet, absolutely nothing at least based on our knowledge.

edit - when did Stielike warn him of not playing? he had a talk with Kim JS & his situation...

13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    It's a pretty awkward situation though. The management wants him to go (they haven't explicitly told it yet, but openly admitted they are willing to reduce the squad). Tuchel can't force him to go (it was him who called him at first place) but also can't even guarantee him a bench place.
    The fans hate him (based on many forums and FB posts) or just want to get rid of him.
    But on the other hand he's one of the kindest and most humble guys (and also humorous according to other player's interviews) so he might be a popular member within the club (contrary to the claims that the players would hate him which sounds BS). And he's neither having big wages nor would he make any troubles.
    And I don't really believe there is an interested Bundesliga club atm.

14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    how do you know? yes, they stated they want to reduce the squad but they wanting PJH to leave is conjecture on your part. as for fans from forums.. umm... who cares? fan forums do nothing but whine about players & managers (just like this forum).

situations change from season to season. for example, Ki was a star one season but bench player last season. LCY was complete afterthought & he openly bitched about Pardew to the press. we all expected LCY to leave but he started 2 games already.

edit - also, i trust direct quotes from players instead. PJH consistently stated he wants to stay in BvB. if he was actively searching for a new club, he would be with a new club by now.. in Bundesliga or elsewhere in Europe.

15. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm starting to think Kim JS is stuck with Hoffenheim due to lack of interest.

http://www.morgenweb.de/sport/sport-allgemein/1.2932259

Schmid is expected to join Augsburg... Vargas wants to leave.

16. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    As I've said. Germany isn't lacking LBs. And other league's teams say "who the f'ck is he?". As much as I'd like him to stay in Europe, part of me had given up on him long ago.

zdrstvte and Chingoo repped this.
  17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #292 takeuchi, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Most aren't good LBs.. so.. in a way, they are lacking LBs. However, considering the lack of news/interest on Kim JS....... yea, perhaps he is in the "who the F is he" category.

edit - of course, if he stays with Hoffenheim.. you never know. few injuries here and there.. im sure he will get few opportunities to impress. what he does with possible chance/opportunities is entirely up to him.

edit #2 - http://sports.news.naver.com/wfootball/news/read.nhn?oid=468&aid=0000187941

Park JH = plans to stay with BVB & challenge himself
    Kim JS = more or less stuck with Hoffenheim unless he can find a new club
    Yun SY = searching..... but no offers. Middle-East is possible destination

18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    All comparative. Compared to Kim, yes they are.

19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #294 skimmilk, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    I guess he's been injured. He's been in training pics though

Edit "sick"
    769116631662522369 is not a valid tweet id

20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    difference in talent & performance is marginal. for some.. they are flat out worse compared to Kim JS

21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    That's what I meant. KJS hasn't shown anything in Hoffenheim to be interested enough for other Bundesliga clubs unless they are looking for a backup or maybe the bottom 4-5 teams. He is talented IMO but couldn't show it enough, mostly due to physical weakness. I fear that he'll get just a few games and come back to Asia in the coming winter.

22. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Just my personal opinion but:

- Alaba, Bernat, Schmelzer, Guerreiro, Wendell, Wendt, Dominguez, Kolasinac, Baba, Aogo, Rodriguez, Schäfer, Hector, Plattenhart, Park Jooho, Max and Santiago Garcia are better than Kim JS

- Schulz, Stafilydis, Bengtsson, Bussmann, Halstenberg, Okzipka, Ostrzolek, Toljan, Günter all are on similar level to Kim JS.

He's been 2 years in the Bundesliga. Since then he played 34 games and scored 1 assist (plus 2 cup matches). A Bundesliga season has 36 games. That's pretty weak considering he's been a starter for 31 out of the 34 games. And he was a weak spot in most of the games I watched in 2015/2016.

-> conclusion: He won't get many (or any) offers from the Bundesliga and should take the first one (the question is, will he get?).

I'd rather see him loaned to a weak club and come back as a better player so that he has a slightly better chance to move next year.

Chingoo and zdrstvte repped this.
  23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #298 takeuchi, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Plattenhart - was in same situation as Kim JS at Nuremberg (awful when they got relegated). he bounced back after moving to hertha..
    Max - umm, similar lvl as Kim JS but definitely showed more for Augsburg compared to Kim JS

as for players on the similar lvl as Kim JS... by your opinion, some.. I would argue are better (gunter & schulz) but some are worse. Okzipa? Ostrzolek (he showed less than Kim JS at HSV the last 2 yrs)?

Btw, I understand your perspective on Kim JS. I often criticized Kim JS (and compared him to Gotoku Sakai) and his stats are abysmal but he didn't perform as badly you believe he did (in comparison to other LBs in Bundesliga.. which.. is relative).

Anyways.. yea, this thread is turning into another Yun SY (now he really didn't do anything in England) thread ;)

edit - i was wrong on Kolasinac. he played often last season (wasn't all that convincing but definite talent)... i kept thinking he was injured since.. well, he was the previous season (and often is injured).

24. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KJS was actually pretty decent last season. His whoscored.com rating is pretty damn high - higher than it should be but still he showed he was a pretty good lb... I'm pretty surprised no one wants to sign him actually

25. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Let's take aside the other players as comparisons are relative (as I said it was just my opinion ;))

I can't agree on the whoscored ratings though. What strengths does Kim Jin Su have, just based on his Bundesliga performances from 2015/2016?
    Besides his kind character, work rate and stamina, I can't see any (please don't say his long throw-ins which is ridiculous).
    He sucks at defending, can't cross, hides too often in the back instead of doing overlapping (which functions well on Asian level), does too many back passes, has weak physicals and has language problems. He started promising but went downhill since then.
    To be fair, under Stevens almost every Hoffenheim player was bad. And Nagelsmann hasn't given him enough chances yet. So we don't know if he could explode at another club.