Kik Pierie at Excelsior (olf Ajax)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Feb 20, 2014.

1. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Testudo and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Dad played National Team (33 apps) and pro field hockey in Utrecht as a "strong" defender. Won a silver at the European Championships. Mom, Daneille Scheltens, was also a U19 Dutch National Team field hockey player "quick and explosive right winger" according to her son.

Dad was a fellow at Mass. General from 99-00.

"Dr J.P.E.N. Pierie has been appointed professor of Endoscopic Surgery, in particular of teaching and training, on 1 February 2011 at the University Medical Center Groningen.

Jean-Pierre Pierie (Ede, 1967) studied medicine at Utrecht University. In 1995 he was awarded a PhD by the same university for a thesis entitled ‘Healing of the cervical oesophago-gastrostomy’. He followed the gastro-intestinal oncological surgery programme at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA, and also the gastro-intestinal surgery specialization of the surgery programme at Utrecht University. Pierie has worked as a surgeon and lecturer at the Medisch Centrum Leeuwarden since 2001, and has also been teaching at UMCG since 2002."

You know, some guys have no drive and no ambition...

3. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Voetbal International, the most prominent Dutch football magazine, has released their annual Season Guide. It has Kik Pierie with the SC Heerenveen senior team. According to VI, he is the youngest player to be on a senior team roster for this season in the top two Dutch divisions, meaning both the Eredivisie and the Jupiler League/Eerste Divisie. VI calls him a "Frisian phenomenon." (Heerenveen is located in the province of Frisia/Friesland.) Kik comments on the fast track he's taken:
    http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/vi-seizoengids-wordt-kik-de-opvolger-van-abe.htm

So, there you go. By all indications, an American-born left-footed center-back/left-back who idolizes Jan Vertonghen has made an Eredivisie roster at the age of 16.

4. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I do that by 9am every morning, while hungover.

5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Man, I need to book a trip back to Frysk and get me over to the Abe, asap!

(PS, does that mean this thread graduates?)

6. #31 feyenoordsoccerfan, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    I recently found out that the on line university courses of the Frisian laguage are very popular in Canada and the USA. So when you want to come over, you should join that Frisia fanclub...or is your Frisian still impeccable?

By the way, if I'm right the BBC named the Heerenveen shirt one of the top ten ugliest club shirts. Hahaha, the .....British...

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    They also voted to call it Hearty McHeartshirt

justinpaul10 repped this.
  8. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's just nostalgia from the early Bradley days, but I've always been fond of Heerenveen's shirt.

uclajames repped this.
  9. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kik wasn't in the squad for Heerenveen's draw with AZ Alkmaar, nor today vs. Rubio Rubin's Utrecht. He's probably been sent back down to Heerenveen U-19 as his Transfermarkt page says. Still wouldn't rule out seeing some first-team action this season.

Tom Collingsworth and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. "Nieuwsbericht
    Kik Pierie tekent zijn eerste profcontract

[​IMG]
    Sc Heerenveen heeft woensdagmiddag verdediger Kik Pierie vastgelegd. De speler van de B1 tekende zijn eerste profcontract bij de Friezen.

Pierie, die afkomstig is uit Leeuwarden, speelt sinds seizoen 2006/2007 in de jeugdopleiding van Heerenveen. Daarnaast is hij ook jeugdinternational bij Oranje onder de zestien jaar.

Kik is niet de enige 'Pierie' bij de ploeg uit het Fryske Haagje. Oudere broer Stijn speelt namelijk ook bij sc Heerenveen en tekende kortgeleden ook zijn eerste profcontract bij de pompenblêdenformatie. Daarnaast speel ook jongere broer Take in de jeugdopleiding van de Friezen.

Verdediger Pierie mocht ook meespelen in de gewonnen bekerfinale van de A1. Deze finale draaide op strafschoppen uit waarbij de middelste van de drie broers ook mocht aanleggen vanaf elf meter en deze penalty benutte."

news item
    Kik Pierie signed his first professional contract

Kik Pierie signed his first professional contract

Sc Heerenveen defender Kik Wednesday captured Pierie . The player B1 signed his first professional contract with the Frisians.

Pierie , who hails from Leeuwarden plays since 2006/2007 season in the youth of Heerenveen. He is also a youth international at Orange under sixteen .

Kik is not the only ' Pierie ' to the team from the Frisian Haagje . Older brother Stijn also plays for SC Heerenveen and recently also signed his first professional contract with the pompenblêdenformatie . Also playing younger brother Take in the youth of the Frisians.

Pierie defender was allowed to play in the Cup Final won by the A1 . The final ended in penalty shoot- out with the middle of the three brothers could also install from the penalty and that penalty utilized .

11. Kik Pierie received an invitation for the U17 Orange team.

12. De pas zestienarige Kik Pierie kreeg tijdens de oefencampagne diverse speelminuten toebedeeld van sc Heerenveen-trainer Jurgen Streppel. Pierie staat in Friesland en omstreken te boek als een gigantisch talent. Niet zo gek dus dat er veel belangstelling is voor de jonge verdediger.

In gesprek met ELF Voetbal Magazine bevestigt de tiener, die aanvoerder van Oranje onder 16 is, dat hij over interesse niet te klagen heeft. "Als je met Nederland op grote toernooien in het buitenland speelt, dan val je op. Er zijn dus inderdaad grote binnen- en buitenlandse clubs die zich bij mijn zaakwaarnemer hebben gemeld. Maar bij sc Heerenveen is de kans op een doorbraak veel groter dan bij een club met heel veel spelers."

"Bovendien doen ze er hier alles aan om mij verder te helpen in mijn ontwikkeling. Ook dat is enorm belangrijk", vervolgt de linksbenige stopper. "Daarom heb ik een contract getekend bij Heerenveen en wil ik gewoon debuteren in Friesland."

Google terrible translate:
    "
    The only zestienarige Kik Pierie got during practice campaign given several minutes of play SC Heerenveen coach Jurgen Streppel . Pierie state in Friesland and surroundings to book as a huge talent. Not so surprising that there is much interest in the young defender .

In conversation with ELF Voetbal Magazine confirms the teenager, captain of Oranje is under 16 , he did not complain of interest. "When you play in big tournaments abroad with the Netherlands, then you fall on . So there are indeed major domestic and foreign clubs that have registered with my agent . But at Heerenveen is a much greater chance of a breakthrough than a club with a lot of players. "

" They do everything here to help me in my development . That is hugely important," the left-footed stopper continues. "That's why I signed a contract with Heerenveen and I just want to debut in Friesland. "

ChuckMe92 and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  13. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the bench today for the first time.

FWIW - the Eredivisie has adopted larger bench rules this season like Serie A did a year or two ago. Pierie is one of nine substitutes.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  14. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    777196337624408064 is not a valid tweet id

Gacm32, ChuckMe92 and BostonRed repped this.
  15. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The opposition is down to 9 players at the half.

16. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth, Gacm32 and BostonRed repped this.
  17. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yesterday, he started for Oranje U-17 in their U-17 Euro qualifying match vs. Denmark, which I believe provisionally cap-ties him. Still, it doesn't change all that much -- the Netherlands was always his first choice.

Tom Collingsworth, BostonRed and Gacm32 repped this.
  18. According to a H'veen fan Kik has been invited to join the first team selection for the winter break preparation activities.

19. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Is it wrong of me that I get my Kik Pierie and my Kai Koreniuk mixed up?

20. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    [​IMG]

They look like Hanson.

21. ???

22. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the bench for an Eredivisie match at Ajax. Was also on the senior bench for a couple matches in February.

23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  24. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    This kid is way under the radar

Tom Collingsworth and ChuckMe92 repped this.