Ki Sung-Yong @ Swansea City AFC 2012-2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I'm sure KSY adheres to a very strict diet and makes exceptions when he craves Korean food. Any chance for us to get back on topic please?

2. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I could imagine the grounds being 2-3 miles East/West of the respective cities. That would bring the total down to 35mi between the two. I don't know how quick GB folk drive, but American traffic around cities tends to be pretty dreadful. But 35mi is completely manageable in almost any circumstance. KSY could definitely make the trip to KBK's house every other week for that good ole kimchi-jjigae

3. dhp17

dhp17 New Member

Sep 2, 2012
    KSY could take the M4 every week to KBK. It's not a bad drive if I remember.

4. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Or he can just stay on the M4 and end up at PJS's house... :ROFLMAO:

5. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    swansea play everton 9/22 @ 7:45am EST/ 8:45pm KST

it will be on ESPN 2 and ESPN 3

also i would not be surprised to see Swansea in the champions league spots till October biggest tests until november are Everton and City. Stoke away might also be tricky but a point can be earned

6. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010

Don't be insulted... ;)

Joe Allen came through their academy. He's a home grown product. It's natural for them to be extremely proud and think very highly of a very good footballer who's also one of their own...

7. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ki needs to work on his acceleration. If he were faster he'd be super lethal on the 1 2 passes. He'd have more of a presence upfront like lampard or gerrard. He's got the holding midfield role down to a textbook execution. Do you guys think laudrup is going to give ki some freedom to move forward? or is it too early to tell?

SPL had its perks i guess. He's capable of playing with more gruff when he needs to. You'redefinitely not going to hear the physicality comment with Ki.

8. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Best interview given by a Korean player EVER. This guy is total 거물

9. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    he is not just a total 거물 but he is a 괴물 on the field

Randomized and dudedudedude repped this.
  10. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thx for the background but me still no care. Just like I didn't care about Swansea prior to the signing. We saw Ki and Allen on the same pitch in a high stakes match not too long ago. Ki >>>>Allen.

11. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just not his style. Koo won't be Ki and Ki won't be koo.

Looking forward to him scoring. A screamer from well outside the box a la Senegal. So siq.

dudedudedude repped this.
  12. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    a screamer against arsenal kekekeke :D

12th Warrior and olijolly repped this.
  13. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Smart man. That'd be sexy!!!!!!!

Then lifts up his shirt and reads "4PCY" ahahahhaha

14. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And then does PCY's goal ceremony... At the Emirates

15. Henry_Jack

Henry_Jack Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Ki will be living in Swansea, the club insist really that all players move in the Swansea area. Alot of the new players move into the Swansea Marina which i think the club own many houses and then give them/rent them to the players. The person who owns the largest stake of shares in Swansea also owns a hotel in the city called Morgans where they might stay until they're house is sorted.

Mostly this is for the single players (no family) and then most move to surrounding areas. Gower is very popular as it has stunning coastlines and beaches.

It's about an hour drive between Cardiff and Swansea (traffic depending) and they can easy meet up in the middle (Bridgend) if they want to.

Anyway back to football...

Looking forward to seeing Ki play a full game. Does he score tap in type goals or is he a 30 yard screamers?

HiTaegukWarrior and jolim24601 repped this.
  16. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    screamers. almost always screamers

olijolly repped this.
  17. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    He likes them long shots.

18. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    because he played deeper he mostly had 20-25 yard strikes. hes also quite big and can generate a lot of power on his shots. i havent seen him score inside the box (that isnt a penalty) in years...

19. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As much as I hate to downplay Ki, you're going overboard with that. It was 1 match man.

20. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    time WILL tell.

21. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    this kind of local insight is way more interesting than talking tactics and line-ups. thanks man!

what's there to do in swansea? how are the ladies? family town?

jolim24601 repped this.
  22. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    that's fine and I do think Ki is a better player. But Allen has proven himself in a top league while Ki is still tbd. Just because Ki outplayed Allen in 1 match doesn't warrant that kind of immediate verdict.

Allen is not a 15 mill guy though but still a very solid player.

23. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    allen hasn't proven sht yet. he's only 22 and just signed with his first big brand club. if ki was a william wallace, the entire british empire would be going ape sh!t and paying him massive wages. swansea wouldn't even b in the picture (no disrespect to our swansea fans).

it doesn't take multiple matches to see quality. ki has superior tools and attitude to bust thru allen's ceiling all day every day. allen's a nice player but i just dont see anything special in him.

i've been wrong before, but i'm sticking to my guns here. ki has that something extra and i hope it plays itself out fully.

24. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Allen played extremely well last year...Ki hasn't had that opportunity in a top league but Allen is still more of a proven product in a top league.

The argument here isn't Allen is better than Ki. No one is making that argument here. I'm just saying you're going by 1 match. Ki only played 1 game in the Premiership...Allen has played at least a full season. The matches you're comparing both to is not exactly equal when the quality of competition is completely different.

I'm a big Ki fan, to a point where I believe he'll have better career than LCY. But you're just sounding like a subjective Korean fan when you're doing Ki >>>>>>> Allen stuff when there hasn't been much sample to come to that argument.

25. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    you can't always make business decisions based on having all the facts in place apples to apples. like i said, it doesn't take 1 match to see ki's qualities that you simply don't with allen. that 1 match merely solidified my opinion that it's a damn joke how much liverpool paid for him esp when you can get ki for 1/3 the price for superior player qualities.

no arguing allen played more - a monkey can google that but you're not dumb. if you're the owner, you know you're going to pick the better player and you know who this is.