KFA re-signs with Nike thru 2006

Discussion in 'Korea' started by K_19, Dec 16, 2002.

1. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
  2. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn you Nike.

3. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
  4. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay, more Magenta!!! :rolleyes: Nike sucks.

5. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    hmm...I dunno..

GoodDay was never a reliable source to trust upon.

Haven't seen any articles about it in any other major sports newspapers.

6. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
  7. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
  8. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    so our current uniform is gonna last until 2006 huh?

dammit

9. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I hope not, it's gonna get old that way... but I know that's what they did with our last jersey - -; (they changed the colour on the number but that was it)

We should come out with a new jersey every 2 years or so, like how Japan does... that way the jersey won't get old...

10. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    you mean EVERY year.

I think every 1.5 years is good.

11. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002

i think we should chose one design and change subtle stuff.. not the whole design

i want a traditional uni like the italians, brasilians, english etc etc...

so when u see the color and uni u know which country

the worst design was the one right before the WC package... boring red and blue.. i personally liked the WC94 jerseys

12. Anaheim

Anaheim Member

Oct 2, 2001
    New Zealand
    The WC94 uniform would have been better with a good sponsor.

13. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
  14. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They gotta wear those ugly things through 2006? I thought they change these like every 2 years or something.

15. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    well, that's what they did to us last time. The WC98 one lasted until early 2002.

16. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Am I in the minority when I say aside from the England kits, I think the Korean NT kit is the more stylish of the rest of the world's?

I especially love their away colors, white and fuschia. This is the best kit of the South Korean national team, in my opinion.

The worst was definitely the one right before the WC. Man those were some ugly colors. That bright tacky ass blue made it look like a color from those korean kuraepasu's.

If I can nit pick about one thing, I'd say we need an alternate jerseyl. Maybe an all whiter or white top, navy blue bottom, and white sock combo.

17. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh you're right. Forgot about those. Those jerseys were rough too. Can Korea ever get nice looking jerseys? They had so much potential with this year's, then Nike dropped the ball with the colors. Pink........those sons of bitches.

18. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Even if some you do think the current jersey is ugly, just be glad at least it doesn't look like a condom like the Kappa Italian jersey.

A jersey which was obviously designed by a homosexual.

19. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    LOL You crack me up man... Good one! :p

20. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    hahaha

couldn't help it. (although I still do think the Italian jersey is stylish) The way you put it made me reconsider a bit. :D

21. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Yeah I really wouldn't be discontent that much if it weren't for pink.

I also don't like the grayish shorts.

When the color-set for the national team uniform was under a hot, HOT debate in Korea, I was the one arguing "brighter red and a darker blue would fix the problem!"

Some people wanted to ditch the color red itself, some wanted a red shirt+ white shorts combination.

But I kept arguing them at the KFA forum FOR MONTHS that we should set a tradition and to do that is to continue what we have.

Critics argued that the red shirt+ blue shorts kinda look bad as the two bright colors(red and blue) "hurt" each other thus neither looking red nor blue.

I agreed with that point too except that I argued that we shouldn't ditch the color-set which represents the yinyang of our flag. Red shirt+ white short combination is all too common, I said.

So the solution I came up with was to brighten up the red and make it the as red as possible and make the blue of the shorts dark. That way it will give more power to the red and keep the blue which would make things unique. Adding white lines here and there would be nice too.

I've been arguing at the KFA forum, and via emails too and in the end I even emailed Nike Hong Kong for my suggestion at the time. (It was known that the new Korean NT uniform was being made at Nike Hong Kong unlike the WC98 one which was made at Nike Netherlands.)

I have no clue if they took my numerous emails, but what it ended up was just as I asked them to.

They brightened up the red, and darkened the blue.

The PROBLEM was, that they made the red too light and made it PINK, and made the blue too denim and made it look like a briquette or gray.

22. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    I read somewhere that bright red colour has stimulating influence on opponent players and is therefore negative in terms of match performance; in other words pink colour 'fires up' the opponent team????

23. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it's all YOUR fault! just kidding. I think a jersey similar to that of the US would be great. I really don't like a red jersey, like the one they had before this year's WC. I think a blue jersey would be nice as well.

"Fires up" the team? Well, they do look pretty flaming.

24. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The gray shorts are spiff.

25. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    that was one of the BULL**** arguments I got when I was arguing my point. Apparently those who followed that arguement fell through some of the yellow journalistic sports papers in Korea.

It's known that the color red fires you up. So thus, it's SCIENTIFICALLY possible that it fires up the "spirit" of your opponents. But then again, if you wear the red shirt and if your teammates all wear the red shirts, then it's all the SAME.

Of course your opponents will get "fired up" by looking at your team's red shirts, but then again, you yourself will be constantly looking at your teammates that all wear the red shirts and thus "fires you up."

That stupid logic was made back in 1993 too. That's why all of a sudden they ditched the red shirt+shorts combination and came up with an all white and all blue uniforms for the WC94.

Some stupid "scientists" that don't know anything about sports argued that the color white will sooth your opponents eyes and thus "not fire them up."

Well guess what, those "soothing" white shirts probably soothed ourselves too as all our players would have had to look everywhere desperately searching for a WHITE shirt.

The point is, that if it fires them up, it fires you up too. If it soothes them, it soothes you too.

Ask Man U., Arsenal, AC Milan, Turkey, England and how they play so well with their red shirts.