Key/Star players in 2006

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Randolph Carter, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Randolph Carter

Randolph Carter New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Ok so players to watch... Which players will play a crucial role in their teams performance next year?

Ill start with my country (AUS):

Mark Schwarzer
    [​IMG]
    Has done the rounds and is proven and competent as a goalkeeper

Harry Kewell
    [​IMG]
    Can he live up to the Kewell of old? Down the left flank Kewell creates oppurtunities out of nothing

2. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    England

Wayne Rooney

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sol Campbell (solid and consistant defender, voted in the world cup 2002 and euro 2004 teams)

[​IMG]

Stevie Gerrard, one of europes top midfielders, captained Liverpool to the European cup

[​IMG]

Michael Owen, are leading goalscorer

3. levineto

levineto New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Miami
    I believe these are the players that will draw the attention of everybody when playing at the World Cup 2006 and they may be the difference makers.

1 - Ronaldinho - The best player right now. His style and smile when playing the game is just something we haven't seen for a long time.
    2 - Drogba - He basically carried the Ivory Coast on his back. Can he decide on the WC06?
    3 - Rooney - All europe will be looking closely for the youngster. I don't believe this will be a good WC06 for Rooney. Maybe 2010.
    4 - Nisteroy - We know he can play. If he can play at his top level, Holland have great chances of getting to the semi-finals.
    5 - Zidane - The teacher - One of the most respected and acclaimend soccer player of all time. If he can dominate the midfield, Henry will take care of the rest.
    6 - Cristiano Ronaldo - I believe he will be a big flop. He won't be able to handle the pressure and this WC06 should make a big splash on his career.
    7 - Gerrard and Lampard - Can the dynamic duo take England to the final?

I just wish best of luck to everyone and every team. I wish we don't have any problems with violence in and out of the field. May Brazil play with the style and happiness that has helped to bring the fans out of the seats again.