Kevin Payne: "October draws strong attendance figures"

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by MetroFever, Oct 22, 2003.

1. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    "We wanted to have as much of the season taking place at the same time that youth soccer is under way," said committee member Kevin Payne, managing director of AEG Soccer, the parent company of the MetroStars. "It's far easier for us to sell group tickets to soccer clubs when they're actually together. It's very difficult to reach out to those teams in the summer time.

Now you've seen games in October that have drawn strong attendance figures."

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr...lRUV5eTY0NDIzOTcmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

Apparently, Payne wasn't at the US Open Cup final.

2. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York

3. Jahmakya

Jahmakya New Member

May 28, 2001
    NYC

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Probably doesn't help that most youth soccer players probably assume the Open Cup to be something you stick down your shorts to protect the twig and berries from a swift kick.

The Magpie

5. Jahmakya

Jahmakya New Member

May 28, 2001
    NYC
    Re: Re: Kevin Payne: "October draws strong attendance figures"

Remember that MLS does not have anything to do with the U.S. Open Cup as far as promotion or organization is concern. So, i am sure that Payne was not referring to the U.S. Open Cup.

6. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently Payne has nothing to do with USSF.

7. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    Ives did a good job with this article. He wrote about game preparation in cold weather. This topic has not often been addressed in the soccer media. Definitely a worthwhile read.

8. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

9. Soccer C

Soccer C New Member

May 6, 2001
    NY
    He wasn't the only one.

10. jack921

jack921 New Member

Jul 10, 2000
    LOL

11. nymetrostars2002

nymetrostars2002 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    bronx ny
    in response the the posts on this thread sat. game was very well attended even with the Yanks playing . ive been a local area soccer fan all my life ((41 yrs.)) and i'm really amazed when we get anywhere near 15 to 20 k in the stands. once again sat. game had a great turn out. imagine if (when) we get our own stadium and can use profits to get some famous quality star power player or two!!! we'll really draw then. mark my words. to the nay sayer's" fook off and go cheer your y@nk$$s..."