Kevin Agudelo - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Aug 8, 2019.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    first we have to wait if he can handle to be a professional player........in this moment no sure if he can play in a regular basis with good level. we dont have solid evidence and and info of him

Practically we have the same certaitnty of him as we had of the u-20 that were used by obligation in colombia like ten years ago..........easy he can play in serie b next season and continue there for years.,,,,like tello for example.

2. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He has the ability already to compete at the Serie A level, he played multiple positions and did really well in the time he was starting before his move to Fiorentina. Whether he can play at a very high level regularly is still to be seen, but if a player has the wide array of skills and ability on the ball like he does then hopefully he'll be somewhere in Serie A playing with the ability to fail and still given chances. He's still young and has lots to prove but hopefully he gets the chance next season somewhere and we get to see if he can show his ability consistently.

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #53 pepinointer, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    He havent completed yet 800 minutes in serie a..........honestly is hard to say that he have already the habilities to compete in Serie A......i can say that he has good tecnich and personaltiy.........but from the ones that we follow close Futbol Profesional Colombiano...that is very common in young midfielders that debut in league.....and with the time they never exploded......recent examples we have kevin salzar, omar vasquez, villota, huerfano, yulian mejia........players that looked with a lot of good habilities and talented despite their ages...but with the time they become worse.......and actually the style of Agudelo remember those guys

dont make me wrong....he have showed interesting things..........but from my experience that position and performances of colombian ins that position can be misleading....

4. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah we can't really judge their work ethic and attitude without seeing it over time, but from what we can judge based on his play for his first real minutes in a top league he grabbed the chance and did really well which is a good sign. Agree that lots of Colombians show promise then don't put it together and progress, we'll have to wait and see but in terms of a very young player performing he did about as much as you could ask from those first 800 minutes. The thing that was so impressive was his ability and calmness on the ball deep in midfield for someone so young is way ahead of the curve, he's got a lot of the hard skills that for many players are hard to acquire already there so hopefully he can work on all the other stuff that goes into being a solid professional in a place that also offers him the chance to do it on the field even if he messes up (which is inevitable).

5. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Started Spezia's first game at RW. Pretty decent game. Very good defensive effort.

I don't think Spezia will survive the season...

HomietheClown repped this.
  6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they don’t own him so who cares. If he starts the whole season this will he huge for his development.

tho at Genoa he played a box to box role which is what we need on the Nt. Don’t see much of a place for him as a RW

7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    RW?

8. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    RW/RM.

I'd prefer him to play as an 8, too. But all our wingers play on the left (Cuadrado apparently isn't a winger for Quieroz). James needs a backup.

9. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Having an 8 who can also operate as a RW is exactly what we need for the CQ system with James playing as a false RW and Cuadrado as an 8 who overlaps into that position. This is good news!

ryu79 repped this.
  10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Please be good.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yup seems like they were making him a decent box to box mf at Genoa. Inter was looking at him. Went to fiorentina that didn’t play him at all....

hopefully he gets a ton of minutes in and develops into a good CM for the NT

big spots to fill by 2022
    RB
    LB
    CM
    Cuadrado’s heir

13. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The more the merrier

14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i read this quickly and thought it said "Cuadrado's Hair" LOL

15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Scored a gol against Parma. Playing RW, apparently.

Feel like I may have chosen the wrong game to watch...

HomietheClown, Doogs and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You aren't alone.

Azucarero repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have always seen him more as a RW personally but can see him as an 8 too.

18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Started today in a big win for Spezia. Played RW against, hit the post, and generally looked very solid.

Furnaccio and HomietheClown repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It seems that is his spot in 3 -5-2 ......but what would be his ideal position in a 4 4 2 or 4 2 3 1

20. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't think this coach sees him as an option in the midfield. Not yet anyways.

So, he'd probably play on the right in all those formations. Even though I'd like to see him more in the middle set of a 433

21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Encouraging. We could use depth there.

22. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In my opinion he is better suited for an attacking midfield role, he could play the Iniesta Role in a 4-3-3 or simply the 10 in a 4-2-3-1 team. Nonetheless as you've probably noticed he's doing a decent job as an inverted winger and with Huila he played as the 8 with great results.

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Which probably means he will not be called up soon as long as Queiroz is manager.

24. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #74 Baal88, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    I do see a spot for him in the team eventually as well as for Carrascal, both very talented but still irregular. They lack end product, but I see a lot of good that can come from them, I could see Carrascal fulfilling the need of a playmaking winger and Agudelo in the Pachequito or Redin role, a guy that may not be your main creative orchestrator but that will always deliver and understand the star player intentions and movement.

pepinointer repped this.
  25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    For "wingers" like Carrascal, Agudelo and Cucho I get a feeling Queiroz does not like their style of play for what he does tactically.

Sinisterra and his speedy ways seems to be on the fast track for what he wants to do in my opinion. Even Carbonero in Argentina if he stays out of trouble.