Kellyn Acosta Drawing European Interest

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by ussoccer97531, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Well, he has been playing in the CL and performed rather well against the top teams like Manchester United and Atletico Madrid. Teams like PSV and Ajax therefore manage to sell their players about 6 million or more higher than they pay for a Feyenoord player.
    Pelle was as good a player as Mertens from PSV. But Pelle was sold for 10 million+, while Mertens went to Italy for IIRC 25 million.
    Perform in the CL and your value adds at least 10 million on top of what you were considered before.
    So in the hypothetical case Matt Miazga transferred to Feyenoord and played like a beast in the CL, his price tag would jump to 25 million at least.

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
  3. #103 feyenoordsoccerfan, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    According to the local newspaper PSV is about to sign Brasilian left back Douglas Santos.
    http://www.ed.nl/psv/psv-hoopt-douglas-santos-komende-week-binnen-te-halen~a5739029/

As long as Arias is still there, they donot need a right back. There was in may 2 EPL interests in him, I believe from Liverpool it was.
    PSV however is going to need a replacement for striker de Jong, who seems to be on his way out with a transfer. And they need a goalie, as also Zoet is rumoured to be a transfer target.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  4. Forgot this one:
    PSV is having an eye on Real Madrid's 18 year old right back Paolo Medina, according to Mexican sources.
    But that could be wishful thinking as Mexicans love PSV and if it was up to them the whole PSV team would be Mexican....and the Feyenoord team too:D

5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Is Copenhagen still interested?

6. The Danes are still Coping hagen with the defeat against the Orange lionesses:D

LouisianaViking07/09 and m vann repped this.
  7. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    This transfer window seems a little forced for Kellyn. He is getting a lot of hype, and increased exposure, but it all went flat with his Gold Cup. He did play the most minutes out of any midfielder and we won the cup... but the competition was subpar and he did not demonstrate his qualities well. I won't judge if he sticks with FCD for the foreseeable future.

8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    were clubs really paying that much attention to the Gold Cup when they knew the A teams of the 2 best nations not involved?

9. Highly on PSV's list Columbian RB Luis Manuel Orejuela seems to have signed with Ajax. This is a major downer for PSV.

10. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would almost say that is exactly when they are paying attention. Looking for prospects instead of known products.

11. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

HartwickFan repped this.
  12. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    897230865016791040 is not a valid tweet id
    :ROFLMAO:

13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    In this case, best to stay and make a move next summer.

14. scholes181818

scholes181818 Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Kansas City, MO, USA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any news on Acosta? Transfermarkt says his contract expires 12/31/2018 (unsure whether Dallas maintains any options). I'm surprised Dallas isn't trying to get something for him if he is able to move in a year for free. Acosta has expressed interest in moving abroad in the past, and Dallas have a history of selling on guys that want to go.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kellyn-acosta/profil/spieler/189895

15. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

16. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's what their technical director Fernando Clavijo said about Acosta
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...fc-dallas-2017-lessons-summer-transfer-window

17. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm not sure how high Acosta's ceiling really is, but I know he's not getting any better in MLS. Hope he gets a summer move.

18. scholes181818

scholes181818 Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Kansas City, MO, USA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallas has the depth to sell with Ulloa, Gruezo, Hayes. Seems like they should have cashed in on him in January - I get the sense that his stock has dropped a little bit with the injury and US media focus on Adams & McKennie.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  19. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think foreign scouts put any stock in how our media hypes or doesn't hype our players.

They'll either want or not want Acosta based on Acosta the player.

And I don't see many who'd be interested in that.

LouisianaViking07/09 and SCSAutism repped this.
  20. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    He’s been pretty average lately. Maybe he needs a free kick goal to get his mojo back.

21. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I think he just needs to get back into his rhythm. He didn't return to the starting lineup until last month. Not to mention FC Dallas is under it's most experimental period in Pareja's history. Acosta's last start came in another Diaz-less lineup as a left midfielder in a 4-4-2. He could use a goal though.

scholes181818 repped this.
  22. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
  23. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    now thats bizarre

24. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    In fairness, it could also be Walker Zimmerman.

adam tash and UniversalAdvice repped this.
  25. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't he out of contract? Probably a good move for Acosta. I don't see him making waves in Europe, but Mexico appears more his speed.