Kelly vs. Dema

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Meggie, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Meggie

Meggie New Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, throughout the seasons, I have been a fan of Dema Kovalenko. He's a good player and he's passionate. However, his lack of scoring this seaon and some pretty obvious dives have caused me to be not so fond of him. Fortunately, Kelly Gray is now on the Fire and aside from Chris Armas, he is my favorite player and he's a good player at that. Does anybody think that maybe Bob Bradley should give Dema some time to ride the bench while maybe giving Kelly some more substantial playing time! Playing time that isn't coming because the Fire has tons of injuries and needs to fill positions. He'll probably play when Dema sits out his red-card suspension, but what about afterwards. I say keep Kelly and ditch Dema. What about you guys.

2. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personally wouldn't over-react to Dema's lack of intelligence for the past season or so by replacing him like that. I would love for Gray to get more time though.

3. JAMINDST

JAMINDST New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Terre Haute, IN
    I know Dema is in a funk this year and not playing at his mental or physical best but I don't think yanking him at this point in the season is the thing to do. I hope after the last game he has learned his lesson about diving.

I would like to see Kelly get more time too but I don't think that will really happen this year and I don't want it at Dema's expense. Maybe I have too much faith in Dema. Kelly is going to be a star and will get his time.