Keller sacked

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by Schalkoholic, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    according to SKY Sport News.
    Not yet confirmed by Schalke

2. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #2 cortisoljunkie, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    LongDuckDong repped this.
  3. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    What now should bet Schalke win for our next match in the Allianz Arena:cool:

4. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that happened quite fast. Not surprised at all. Hopefully this buys us a few months without "is it time to sack Schalke's trainer/coach" in the media.

5. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    We got an Italian staff now

Di Matteo,Attilio Lombardo(Co) and Massimo Battara (Goalkeeper)

6. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
  7. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    The assumption by Bayern fans that Di Matteo's modus operandi is "parking the bus" based on one game is foolish. What was he supposed to do with a less talented team? ... play a wide open game and hope to outscore them? He is analytical and pragmatic. It will be interesting to see what he does with quality offensive players.

8. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't say I saw the pressing need to fire Keller but if Heldt thought it necessary it was probably the best time. No point in waiting.

My wish for a new coach was Tuchel but I'm alright with DiMatteo. I only saw the CL final of his games so I can't say anything about him as a coach but I read some comments which make me optimistic for the future. According to them DiMatteo isn't an overly defensive coach, he just did in the CL games because of the difference in quality between the teams. I'm fine with that, I like pragmatic coaches. Football is a sport and not a performance art so the goal is a win, not creating beautiful scenes.

His press conference was pretty good, a really really really big difference to Keller. Let's see how he works with the team.

9. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Yes and let give Roberto the same chances Keller had.
    and I dont mean in the media where Keller never had a real chance but in the club and on the stands where you never heard things like "Keller out".

10. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope he can inject some energy and heart into the team. We need it desperately right now.

Agreed. I think he will get that chance. Hopefully the media back off as well.

11. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't care about heart and energy, I care about organisation, compactness, defensive stability. Our offense should be fine, it is our defense that needs to get sort out.