Keller on Deutsche Welle

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by yagua, May 4, 2006.

1. yagua

yagua New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Just saw a nice piece on Keller on Deutsche Welle show Euromax. Not sure if that is available in the US cable systems or not but it is something like the German BBC or PBS.
    Seems like he is really liked by his teammates and the fans. He said the US probably doesn't have the talented individuals that the Czechs and Italians have but if they play as a team they have a chance to beat them. Apparently he also likes cruising the Autobahn at high speeds in his 911.

2. DiscoWarrior11

Dec 27, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    German BBC in the USA? A German British Broadcasting Company of the United States? Isn't that a triple contradiction? Well, I've heard worse around here.

Any chance of a transcript?

I think I get BBC America, but nothing German as far as I know.

3. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We used to have a digital channel that showed some Deutsche Welle shows as well as other international programs,the weirdest being some Korean "top 40 Video Countdown".

4. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    Something LIKE the BBC or PBS.

5. todd11

todd11 Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Berlin, Germany--
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was also a really nice piece about and interview of Keller on German station DSF---an all sports channel, kind of the German ESPN. All my German friends saw it and commented how cool his house/castle is, as well as how well he came off in the interview.

6. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    I saw that too. The show was a part of a series called "World Cup Stars" and he came across very well. He was cast as an old sage to some extent when he was being interviewed with Gladbach player Thomas Broich, who is also majoring in Philosophy on the side. Broich was in awe of what Kasey has accomplished in his career, namely 4 World Cups, and there were also some nice words from Gladbach goalie legend and now goalie coach Uwe Kamps, as well as from coach Horst Köppel.
    The 30-minute show was rounded off with some nice highlights, as well with some mascot abuse and public singing.

7. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Ha... off topic, but an interesting article (in German, but it's probably on there somewhere in English) about why so few Mexicans play abroad...

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,1983659,00.html

I think you can get DW most places in the US that have an international package (usually via satellite or digital).

8. 2-0 Baby

2-0 Baby New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    CO
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm assuming he did the interview in English? How's his German?

9. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DW is on the basic 40 dollar cable package here in tuscaloosa, mostly due to the large number of german expats working at the mercedes plant up the road.

10. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    deutsche welle is on a local pbs station here in philly...WYBE is the outlet...

they show it at 6 pm...

also, the pennsylvania cable network, the PA equivalent of c-spsn shows several hours of deutsche welle from 2am till 5am...

11. Raulduke

Raulduke New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Shreveport, LA
    Anyone else notice that lately every time you see scores from the Bundesliga, Keller's team is giving up 5 goals. Is their defense that bad or is Keller slipping?

12. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Do you mean "every time" or "the last time" because that's only happened once this season?

It's a pretty middle-of-the-pack team with relatively little to play for late in the season.

13. Raider Red

Raider Red Member

Jul 30, 2002
    Dallas
    Kasey lives in a castle? I never would have known! Let me guess, it's like, a thousand years old?

14. westsidepunk

westsidepunk Member

May 31, 2003
    Tucson, AZ
    We have this station here in Tucson for a few hours every night with. A few of their programs like News, are in english and the rest in german. I have actually seen kasey interviewed on it a few times now.

15. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
  16. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States