Keep United in DC March

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by CHICO13, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    call Oscar OR email Chico.

2. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just got back from surgery...the way I feel now it does not look like I am going to make it tomorrow...on the otehr hand in a couple of hours when I take my first percaset I will start being delirious...watch out forum!!!

3. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    quick recovery.

None of us, wanted to tell you - but the impact of the extractions: if you fall asleep, you lose inches off your hairline, gain inches to your waist line and millions of brain cells die.

Write down your name next to your bed - good luck trying to be able to read when you awake.

4. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    basically I become a red bull fan...:D

5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    What the ********? You got drugs?

6. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, when I had to get my wisdom teeth removed I took my ex-wife's suggestion (she was in grad school at the Univ. of Maryland campus in Baltimore at the time and somehow found out about this) and enrolled in an experimental study at the University of Maryland's School of Dentistry. They would only take out one side at a time but it only cost $15 for each side.

The catch was that you had to agree to participate in a 48 hour study of post-op pain. You got the normal medication during surgery, of course. Afterwords, they got you one of four meds -- 1) the normal pain med, 2) an experimental pain med, 3) a one-half dose of the experimental pain med and 4) a placebo. I kid you not. You were supposed to record you level of pain on this chart hourly during the 48 hour period.

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Guys, please check your email. Thanks....

8. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm not sure what to think of my dentists.:confused: I didn't get all the drugs, but was good to go soon after. I had no pain. I'm not sure that's fair.

9. JB252

JB252 Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Arlington

got the email. Forwarded it to 50 people. I'm going to pin up the flier in all the kitchens in my office... gotta get the word out! (especially since i can't make the march :()

10. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not a Barra member, but it looks like I'll be coming to the game/Barra tailgate. What are the details of the march from the email?

11. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the first time (uh, on the extraction of the two wisdom teeth on one side), I'm pretty sure that I got either the regular dose of meds or the full dose of the experimental meds cause I got pretty loaded.

The second time, they must have given me the placebo because I had to pull over at the Columbia Mall on the way back and rush into the food court to get a drink to go down with the Tylenol III that they gave me as backup if the pain got too bad.

The thing I can't believe about it now is that I was young and dumb enough to drive up from Montgomery County to downtown Baltimore and back by myself. I was probably lucky that the fuzz didn't pull me over or that I didn't cause an accident. That part is really kind of embarrassing when I think back about it.

12. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I will be closing this thread because it's gone off topic and we'll be opening a new one for info and serious discussion only. Stay tuned....

13. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my wisdom teeth out when I was like 19 or 20. The worst part was coming off the anesthesia, which seemed like it took forever. Then I was pretty much fine. Minimal swelling, not a lot of pain or bruising. I was bummed that I didn't get tickets to the first Lalapoloosa.

Now a few days later, the antibiotics nearly killed me but after going through my medicine cabinet, I found a 2nd bottle of them and remembered that this type had made me sick before. Thankfully, my doc said I'd probably be fine and didn't need them. I didn't get Percoset either, only an nsaid and something like synthetic morphine. Didn't seem to do much and I didn't really take them after a couple of days anyway.

Now I could use a percoset or two today. Damn weather is KILLING my sinuses. :(

But feel better Carlo! We'll miss you!

14. JB252

JB252 Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Arlington
    [​IMG]

SOME IDEAS FOR BANNERS
    Keep D.C. United
    We are United
    Don't lose United
    We want United here
    Don't let United go
    New stadium now
    United needs a home
    United deserves a stadium
    12 trophies = 1 home
    We love United
    Our United
    VA, MD, DC: We are United

15. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks Joanne, I'm closing this thread and opening a new one for serious discussion and information only.

THREAD CLOSED