Keep United in DC March

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by CHICO13, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    im only marching if the team waves to me between lincoln park and rfk

2. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    well if you go to 11 of the 15 home games, it's the gesture that matters. In this economy it's hard not to go to no games whenever - oh i'm drunk. Let me insert a few expletives here. ******** you bastards

banner better not have been left at germantown (oh, that's right that was natty - pre-xavi) er RSL!

:)

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700364

4. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    too obscure, I guess. I was referring to this thread which I took Scruggs was referring to as well.

5. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    i hate you joe!
    :)

6. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Can I just put up a check for $1000 towards bribing one of these f-wit politicians? :D

There is just something in me that is squeamish about a protest march... (for anything)

7. dcu315

dcu315 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Sfield/Hoodbridge
    just double checking.. has the date for this been finalized yet?

8. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was an email from Oscar--just waiting for the permits to get approved, then things will kick into high gear. Stay tuned.

9. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    It's most likely May 9th, isn't it? I need to submit my requests for reffing assignments for that weekend by today and want to make it to this march, if possible.

10. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, we are planning for May 9. Bring all of your friends and neighbors and make sure the mothers know there is a special mother's day buffet being served at the tailgate.

GM

11. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Let's wait until permits are approved. We should know in a day or so...

12. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Damn I had forgotten all about Mother's Day that weekend...

13. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang!! I was hoping that you guys would go for 2 May. My highland dancers are performing at the Frederick Celtic Festival that day. I asked for earlier times so I could get down to RFK for the march so they gave me 12:30 and 3:00pm. Grrr!!! I won't be able to get down to RFK until like 5ish. :mad:

14. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh. I guess that means you'll want me to wash my hands before slicing up the carne...:eek:

15. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm planning to drag a friend to a Barra tailgate/game on the 9th. I know the march plans aren't finalized yet. I'm presuming there will be a tailgate:), though I suppose the timing of the tailgate may change.

16. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope that the at this point the 9th is the final date as I changed the appointment for the extraction of my wisdom teeth to May 1 so that I would be up and running for the 9th...the dentist says I should be out of order for a couple of days.

17. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    don't settle for the Tylenol 3, get percocet or vicodin. You won't thank me later, but you'd be sorry if you don't.

Good luck. Sleep is good. Pain will eventually go away.

18. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    damn'...now I feel like completely canceling the appointment.

19. Yuengling_DCU

Yuengling_DCU New Member

May 4, 2008
    Centreville
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ugh...wisdom teeth...much like your appendix, they only exist to cause trouble...yeah, the first 2 days will indeed suck...but you should be in good shape by the time of the march. :)

20. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    don't do that. If they impact, it's even worse...As usual, I'm a good example of a bad example. I went almost 2 weeks with an impacted wisdom tooth. Pre-MLS days, but I would have been living on the Barra Drunk thread, I was drinking close to 1/2 gallon of whiskey each day for the pain.

One last bit of advice, don't throw away or flush any unused pain killers. It's dangerous to waterfowl, fish and scavengers. Instead, I can dispose of them safely! :D

21. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It all depends on your oral surgeon. The guy that did mine was an arteest. I was drinking beers that same night at a Redskins game.

22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I got all of mine out one afternoon and was good to go a couple hours later. I was just a little late for a track practice.

23. CrimsonChin00

CrimsonChin00 New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make sure you dont get the generic pain killers. Only last about 45 mins.

24. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was glad I got the good painkillers. I thought I was fine, and stopped at Burger King on the way home. Then, the pain kicked in. I was glad I had a week (HS spring break) to recover from my chubby cheeks, though my case was fairly atypical. If you allow a week, you should be fine. On topic, I'm planning to bring a friend who may not be interested in marching. I'm presuming I can dump him in Lot 8 if need be:D.

25. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just wanted to let our members know that both permits have been approved for the March on May 9th. An email with details will be going out probably tonight or early tomorrow. Obviously the most important thing we can ask of our members is participation. We need mass people there. We need a couple of thousand fans. Talk to or bring anyone even remotely interested.

More to follow....