Keegans resigns - Pearce at the helm for the moment.

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Samarkand, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    He has passion and enthusiasm for the game. Unlike that thug of a manager at Newcastle.

2. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Graeme Souness is class. Was crap to start with. Now he is class. He has achieved more than ' oh misser of a crucial penalty for England carry on ' has. I could probs do a better job of Managing Man City than Stewy Peace and i dont know the first thing about the Manager carry on. pfffffft.

Ps. Come on lads.

3. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    first home game under him and first sold out game of the season. the fans are behind him all the way.
    Souness is class? Liverpool, his adventures in Turkey....

4. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Eh. We always get 52,000 + for every home Premier League game. pffft. Minus the seat my arse sits on.

Ps. Just ********ing win a ********ing Cup softlads.

Pps. He is class in my house sunshine.

5. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Stuart Pearce wants Nigel Clough to work as his assistant if he is given the Manchester City manager's job on a full-time basis. (Guardian)

Cloughie Jr, eh?

6. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't he play for City back in the dark ages?

7. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Yes. Got him after a really "successful" spell at Anfield, as I recall.

8. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/4453745.stm

Stuart Pearce has denied giving the Manchester City board an ultimatum over the managerial position but will leave the club if he is overlooked.
    Pearce has been put in charge of the club until the end of the season but wants the job on a permanent basis.
    He told BBC Radio Five Live: "It's not an ultimatum to put pressure on them. It's a statement of fact.
    "If I don't get the job here, I'll go and try to find work elsewhere. I want to be a manager."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's hope the sensible thing is done and he is given a real chance to prove himself. He needs at least a full season and to be able to assemble the squad that he wants, not the mess inherited from Keegan.

9. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/4522579.stm

Manchester City manager Stuart Pearce has scooped the Barclays Manager of the Month award for April.
    Pearce, who took control in March, is the first City boss to land the honour.
    And he helped the team go unbeaten in April with home wins over Birmingham, Liverpool and Portsmouth and away draws at Charlton, Fulham and Blackburn.
    Since his appointment, Pearce's side have only been beaten once in the league, a narrow 2-1 defeat away to Spurs in his first game in charge.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Manager of the month, City on a roll, chance of a UEFA Cup place. Looks too good to be true. Come on City!!!

10. Tekneek

Tekneek Member

Apr 12, 2002
    Bethlehem, GA, USA
    Do you think he should be given the job? The performance of the side since the change has been inspired. Based on that, I would want to give him a chance. The board probably thinks they should go looking for a "world class" manager.

11. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Pearce is the man for the job.
    I hope he gets it.

12. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund

Stuart Pearce will be handed the manager's job at Manchester City on a permanent basis on Thursday. (Sun)

---from the BBC

After the run of results he's had and the pressure following the departure of Keegan, he deserves it.

13. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
  14. Sorry to hear that Keegan has left City. He has done well just to keep them in the Premiership, but maybe a change is needed. Best of luck to Stuart Pearce.