Keegans resigns - Pearce at the helm for the moment.

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Samarkand, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

See. I have a season ticket for St James' Park. Now this is a football message board. Now aswell. Why act any different on here than you do with a coupla pints down your neck and cheering the lads on, on a Saturday afternoon. Not bothered if i get banned because i think a USA footy message board needs a little bit of English humour and someone who actually has a Season Ticket. pfffffffffft.

Ps. Obviously i will be devastated if i do get banned. But my ex-wife ********ed off with some ******** else so not that devastated obviously. pfffffffft.

Come on lads.

2. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Wigan manager Paul Jewell's credentials are being examined by Manchester City. (Guardian)

Eh? What? Where did this piece of gossip come from? First I have heard his name being mentioned for the job.
    Can't see it happeneing, as Wigan are pushing for promotion, and plenty of financial backing at Wigan.

3. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Reeeped. Classic. That made me giggle like mad pffffffft.

4. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    I love reading the BBC Football Rumours. It's a collection of nonsense, where persons at various newspapers have nothing better to do than just make up stories to fill the column inches.
    Wanderley Luxemburgo to replace Souness and bring Raul and Ronaldo with him next? :D I am in the wrong job.

Anyway Jewell wouldn't swap the discount he gets at JJB for the usual short term stint at City.

5. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

It wont let me reeep you again sunshine. Newspapers just print Bollox imo. pfffffffft.

6. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    So much for the Curbishley bollox:

Charlton boss Alan Curbishley rules himself out of the running for the managerial post at Man City. (The Times)

7. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I'm not sure what Cursh would get out of leaving Charlton for Citeh. Seems like he'd be doing more of the same. If he's going to leave The Valley, I'd think it would be for a truely big club (no offense intended). I don't think leaving Charlton for Citeh, Spurs, Boro, Fulham, et al. would accomplish that.

8. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Seeing as the fashion is for foreign coaches, he's hardly likely to get a look in at Arsenal, United, or even Chelsea. And for size of club, City are just below the top group in England, especially now with a spanking new ground.
    The major problem is the squad that a manager will inherit, and whether the Board will attempt to keep the better performers at the club.
    For the moment, Pearce has a lot on his plate.

9. Najinsky

Najinsky New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Alexander Park !
    Physco will win last nine games , piece of piss, who the f##k is Alan Curbishley,just need to keep SWP. Has Reyna realised whats happened, has he unpacked :confused: D.A.Y

10. the_baron

the_baron New Member

Jan 27, 2004
    County Tyrone
    Judging by your posts Mel B, you are probably 13. :p

11. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    28. I will act this way when i am 50. Simple as that. I was ruled by my ex-wife and when she left me, i swore that i would not let anybody take the piss out of me ever ever again.

12. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    We lost, but
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/4365771.stm

Barton required eight stitches to a left-eye wound after an off-the-ball incident with Atouba during City's 2-1 defeat at White Hart Lane.
    Barton lay on the floor as Spurs scored their winner and referee Barry Knight appeared to miss the clash.
    The FA is expected to contact Knight before reviewing video evidence.
    City manager Stuart Pearce played down the clash when he claimed that the incident "will be forgotten in a fortnight".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not surprising, considering Pearce's attitude as a player - took and gave a few.

13. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce:
    "We showed enough aptitude and team spirit and the performance pleased me, though the result didn't.
    "I'm in the business of winning and I always have been, but I can't fault the players, they've been sensational.
    "I want to win all eight games we've got left, that's the target I've set myself. This week's been fantastic."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let's see how the rest of the games go for him. No new rumours concerning the post yet.

14. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Pearce likely to force himself onto the list of candidates if they do well?

15. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Well he did state some time ago that he wanted the job. For the remainder of the season, he is in the position to where he can stake his claim for the hot seat. Should anyone else get offered the position, I would not expect Pearce to stay with the club.

16. Najinsky

Najinsky New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Alexander Park !
    sure he won't, can somebody lock Graham Taylor in a cupboard untill this is all over, you never know :eek:

17. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Graham Taylor? That would be horrible!

18. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Old Turnip Head. Give him a chance man. pffffffffft.

19. Najinsky

Najinsky New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Alexander Park !
    "Do I not like blue"

20. Najinsky

Najinsky New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Alexander Park !
    One word Sounesssssssssssssss

21. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Never Souness!! :eek:
    Unfortunate Geordies there.

I really can't see anyone else in the hot seat right now, and definitely don't want the club to follow fashion by appointing an overseas manager. As for the odd rumour of Ranieri :eek: :eek: :eek: NEVER!!! The tinkerman would make it worse.

Let's hope sense prevails and Pearce instills some faith in the players individually and as a team, steers the club to a reasonable midtable position and is given the chance to prove himself properly starting in August with a full season to look forward to.

22. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    As I already said:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/4386247.stm

Manchester City manager Stuart Pearce says he will leave the club if he does not keep the job this summer.
    After three years as coach, Pearce succeeded Kevin Keegan as City boss on 11 March, but his position will be reviewed at the end of the season.
    And Pearce told the News Of The World: "If they decide they don't want me, I will leave the club.
    "I am here for the long haul and want to be successful, but if things don't work out, I will go."
    Pearce would be free to move on to look for a management position elsewhere as he has been working without a contract since 2003.
    He added: "I'm working with the same six-month contract I had as a coach, which hasn't been signed - that means I haven't got a contract.
    "The reason for that is I have been working for the past year-and-a-half to actively get involved in management.
    "To sit on a two or three-year contract would have been folly for me and the club.
    "We had a gentlemen's agreement that I could seek employment elsewhere and come back if it didn't work out."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can't blame him, but he should be given at the very least 1 full season to prove his ability in the post.

23. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    More of the same:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/4408127.stm

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce says he believes he has a long-term future as their manager despite only winning one point from his first two games.
    Pearce is currently in charge until the end of the season following Kevin Keegan's departure but told BBC GMR that he aims to keep the job.

"I'm the first person to say I need to be judged on results," he said after seeing City draw 2-2 at Charlton.

"But as far as I'm concerned, from day one, I'm here for the long haul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I really hope he gets the opportunity to start next season, with the club and players behind him. He need not worry about the fans.

24. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
  25. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

It's true. The Morning Newspapers in England have confirmed it.

Ps. He is crap anyway. Missed a penalty for England in that crap tournament carry on.