Keegans resigns - Pearce at the helm for the moment.

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Samarkand, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
  2. nath7998

nath7998 New Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
  3. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    The more things change...........

4. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Its about time. Hopefully we can find the right man to at least get a place in Europe next year.

5. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

********ing hell man. I always thought Keegan was a big time bottler. pffffffft. ******** off Kevin Keegan in my house you ********ing Yorkshire ********ing ********.

Ps. Simple as that.

6. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    yeh just saw it on Eurosportnews

7. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    So pleased to see normal service resumed at City. Can't have a manager seeing out his contract now can we?

8. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
  9. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Walking along. Singing a song. Walking in a Keegan Wonderland. Theres only one Kevin Keegan. Classic. He has bottled it from every managerial job he has. I love it.

10. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    its already been said but Kev quit every job he ever had in management .In fact he even quit his playing career when he still had some time left to go and play golf in spain .
    A natural born quitter.

11. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    id certainly rather be a rich natural born quitter than a poor never giver upper

12. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Very true Fedwood. pfffffft.

13. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    I never wanted Keegan in the first place, since his track record before joining the club was for all so clear, both as a player and manager. So, even though I am glad that he is gone, the timing does seem a little strange.

14. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

See. You got a very clear indication of what a bottler he is, when he resigned from NUFC, Fulham, England and now he has stiched you lot up. Once a bottler always a bottler imo.

Geordies everywhere salute you Mr ' i cant handle real football pressure ' Keegan. Get Terry Mac to be your caddie on the Golf course sunshine. pffffft.

15. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I guess it can be said that nothing so well characterized Keegan's time at City as the manner in which he left it.
    He did well enough I think, but it does seem as though he hasn't improved even a little bit since he was cracking under pressure at Newcastle. If you can't learn from your mistakes, what good are you?

16. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

See. He just dropped NUFC like a sack of potatoes. Honestly that squad he assembled rocked. He will never ever be welcome in my house for leaving us and so that team, ultimately got broke up. I still think about what could have been to this day. pffffffffft.

Ps. I think we will win something this year and it wasn't thanks to Keegan. Bottler.

17. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    His next job will be in the second division somewhere. He clearly doesn't have what it takes.

18. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

See. I think he will go into horse racing with Terry Mac. They both love racing and Terry Mac follows him around like a little lost puppy dog.

Ps. Terry Mac isn't on the dole because NUFC always seem to employ him.

Pps. That isnt me knocking him, i think Terry Mac is class.

19. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never underestimate the ability board members to fall in love with a big name, and Keegan certainly is that.

20. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    As well as Fowler and McManaman when they get put out to pasture.

21. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ********ing hell. Keegan is older than my Dad. So whats this falling in love carry on, his penis will be geet wrinkley. pffffft. Rather you than me sunshine.

22. russkygb

russkygb New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    manchester
    @mel b

you sound very bitter towards KK.........perhaps you would be langusihing in the third division now with 10,000 crowds and a crap ground if it was not for him.

short memory..................... ;)

from my point of view KK did well for us,,we are now established as a prem club, he gave us some of the best footy ive ever seen from a city team and he signed ali b, a true football genius.

he goes with my thanks and my respect. :cool:

i just hope we dont get strachan or allardyce as manager

23. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    That and he didn't have the worst of records, just not the best.

So it's Stuart Pearce, eh?

24. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Well, Strachan is available. :)

25. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Whats happened in the past, is in the past imo. Forwards. Simple as that.

Ps. ********ing right i am ********ing bitter about the stupid ******** leaving, i ********ing idolised that man. pfffffffft.

Pps. Here is a little report from the lads at http://nufc.com/

KK KO:
    Familiar tale of a former manager

We do our best to keep tabs on former players and Managers and what they're up to and to that end we make a grudging reference to our Manager of the mid 1990s.

While telly and tabloids go bananas over the "shock" news that Kevin Keegan has walked out on Manchester City, the only shock in these quarters is that he didn't choose to do it on his birthday after failing to get in front of the cameras before Mark Lawrenson....

He's done it before and he'll do it again, probably not long after announcing his "shock" return to management.

For his achievements as a player and as a Manager he rightly holds a place in Tyneside hearts but for headline hogging and huffy bairn behaviour he's lost a lot of our respect.

Hopefully, the good folk of Moss Side won't be caught on Sky cameras crying into their bedsheet banners with "We Still Luv U Kev" scrawled on them....