Keane has signed for Celtic!

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Terim is a legend, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    Keane has signed for Celtic! I'm surprised none of you have picked up on this!

2. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    We have we are having a fiesta over in the Old Firm forum. Thanks for voluantering to bring the keg! :cool:

3. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    The sky is blue and birds go tweet. Next.

4. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    This is great news!!! Time for me to order a new jersey!!! :D

5. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    Nothing good about it! You already have McGeady, Petrov and Nakamura, who aere young and gifted, but Keane is 34!

6. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    ...and one of the best footballers of the last decade, not to mention better than any DM in the English Premiership, barring Makalele or the influence he has on the pitch. Not that that stuff matters, of course.

7. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    Look at his age! He is not the player of the last decade, and is declining. Just like Paolo Maldini who was the world's best defender of the last decade, but just cannot cut it anymore!

8. fearmor123

fearmor123 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Dublin
    Cant cut it anymore eh??? Watch his last game in a United shirt 2 months ago (or any time he faced Liverpool or Arsenal over the last couple of years...). He totally outplayed a player who if I was to believe the English press is the best midfielder in Europe bar maybe Lampard and who was nominated for European player of the year this year.- in Stevie G..
    Ive actually never seen Gerrard, who I do rate highly, outperform the "past-it" Keane- sure he'll get injuries and may only play 12ish games this season but Id be shocked if there is a better player on the pitch during those games.

He is simply a better player then Lennon who is the same age and thus Celtic have to be happy and a much better midfield option then Sutton- who has been played there!!

I think its great- Come on the Bhoys and Keano

9. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    Can Maldini cut it anymore?

10. Mr Dante

Mr Dante New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    The best irish player of his generation joins the biggest irish club on the planet.

It doesn't get much better than this...;)

11. BARCA_VIX

BARCA_VIX New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    L.A California.
    Good decision for him, i hope he leads you guys to glory in europe and domestically. He is still one of the best midfielders in the game.

12. Mr Dante

Mr Dante New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    As Eamonn Dunphy famously said. Every International manager would want him in their squad. all that is except Mick McCarthy...

13. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Hee hee hee hee, he said Eamonn Dunphy..........

14. Mr Dante

Mr Dante New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Does his intellectual superiority intimidate you...?

15. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Every waking moment............

16. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    What better place for an iconic veteran than to mentor the young players?!? The only thing I can see about this that is a bit negative is that it means fewer minutes for Neil Lennon. Still, as you pointed out, Keano is 34....maybe he will split some portion of the full 90 with Lennon--just to keep our new legend fresh and Lennon in form! :D

17. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    thank god he's at celtic and not madrid :)