Kean signs new deal

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by Alan_V, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're doomed!

2. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Whats the crack with this new deal? It was announced on talksport but later that day the club denied it?

If its true, i dont blame them for keeping quiet about it.

When he first got the job he was given it until the end of the season. But well before the season end he was given the job full time, before he had proved himself capable of doing this job. And now this?

Its clear venkys dont have a clue about football and its about time the FA put something in place to stop such people getting hold of our football clubs.

3. BigManOnCampus1988

BigManOnCampus1988 New Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Can we say, YIKES! That team hasn't been built well for any type of run to stay promoted, you can feel it more and more for the first time in years ALL 3 newly promoted sides can stay up. So three newbies in the English game are better run than Blackburn... Need I say more?

4. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I dont think rovers actually have that bad a side, you have a good keeper and defence, some young exciting players with lots of potential. I think you only need 2 or 3 players (striker definitely) and you would have a decent mid table side.

The problem is the management and the muppets in charge, these days owners have so much influence it cant be helped that it filters down from the boardroom to the changing room.

They promised champions league football in 4 years??? They tried to sign ronaldinho? What planet are they on?

5. BigManOnCampus1988

Nov 29, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The mess they are going through is crazy enough to say that a year like West Ham in the Championship is what they possibly need. Let people calm down a bit. Then you gotta work to come back asap. You can't bring them back in the first two years... It could turn into 6 or 7 before touching the top 2 let alone win the playoffs

6. BlackburnRover

BlackburnRover New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    M6
    If Kean Stays beyond this week, we're down. I think we're all resigned to that.

My worry is that if we win tomorrow the owners drag their heels for even longer. If they have ANY football sense at all they can already see that their experiment has failed miserably and that they need to get back to a club run on a football basis rather than business alone.

They've succesfully turned a comfortable mid table club into a relegation club in one year, and spent money that Allardyce and Hughes could have only dreamed of spedning in doing so.

I believe that Venky's genuinely have the best intentions, but they admit themselves tha they know nothing about football and they have taken some terrible advice off people with their own pockets to line. They had one of the most respected Chairmen in the game and a dedicated board, got rid of them and replaced them with mercenary businessmen anda clueless manager.

Anyhow, I might be about to go to the first game in 40 years where I actually hope to lose, just to see the back of Kean!! Bizarre, and a disgusting state for a club to be in.

7. BigManOnCampus1988

Nov 29, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

This has to be one of many Blackburn Fans feeling this way. I hope they listen, I really truly do.

8. BlackburnRover

BlackburnRover New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    M6
    All along Kean has been using the"it's only 1% of fans protesting, the rest are behind me". I can honestly say he's got the percentages right but the other way around.

The only dividing factor for the fans is between those who will protest about the manager during the game and those who will only get behind the team. But every single fan I know wants him out, they just voice it differently.

He has used the media to make the fans appear to be a stupid, fickle bunch, saying we should support the team. Genuinely, the support has always been there for the team, the only negativity ever being aimed at him. He knows that, but he's using it well.

Booing when we scored the first goal against Swansea was a big mistake and lost the protests a lot of credibility. The truth was, everyone was celebrating the goal as mush as ever, the booing was only at Kean when he appeared on the big screen. It came across very badly, and Kean used it well via the media.

The best analogy I can think of for the state of the club is it's like a 9 year old kid playing Football Manager. Ooh Ronaldinho, I've heard of him, let's buy him!

Apart from that it's all looking rosey ;)

9. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    Time to bring back Big Sam so he can save us from relegation for the 2nd time.

why did we ever let him go ?

After the match yesterday you could see he still has the hunger for Rovers.

We also have to keep Salgado with the defense hurting via Nutsack...

Just plain sux to be us.....

10. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like Salgado, but he can't handle the pace of the Premier League. If we could keep him on as a coach, I wouldn't argue with that.

Why oh why did they ever get rid of the big man?

I knew we were going down before the season began. One look at our squad, then a look at our manager, and the clues were there.

The thing that really p!sses me off, though, is how nonchalant Kean seems to be during every after-match interview. At least with someone like Mick McCarthy, he'd hold his hands up and admit that mistakes were made. Kean scrapes the barrel to find the one meagre positive from a defeat and makes that the brunt of his argument for how Rovers aren't in trouble.

The fact is, he's a bell-end.

Revelian

11. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You left out what we didn't spend.

12. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry, you're right. Whoever thought getting rid of players and not replacing them would stand Rovers in good stead needs to be given a good slap across the chops.

As it stands, we have a crap manager, a crap squad, and owners who haven't got a clue how to run a football club. Why are they falling for Kean's charms? In fact, what charms does he have that anyone could possibly fall for!?

Revelian

13. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    You answered your own question already.

14. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC