KC Wizards @ FC Dallas Pre-Game Extravaganza [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Apr 17, 2006.

1. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Wow! What a great way to start the season!

3-1 over the Crew
    2-1 over the Dynamo
    1-0 over the Revolution

For a grand total of an absolutely perfect 3-0-0 and 9 points. Can't get any better than this. Oh wait, yes it can, Dave van den Bergh is coming July 17th.

This weeks entertainment involves a familiar roadtrip down to Dallas (where a select few of our road warriors will be off to see the game and cheer our players on). Dallas comes into this game at the top of the Western Conference with an impressive 2-0-1 and 7 points. Dallas is looking pretty good this season. Alvarez and Cooper have already proven this season that they can score.

We are full throttle for this game: no injuries and Burciaga is out of red card caused suspension. This extra defense will be very helpful to stop the very potent Dallas offense (who have racked up 7 goals already this year). To win this game, we are going to have to see some action out of our 3 man strike team. In the last two games, our three goals have come from Victorine, Burciaga, and Conrad. It's time for Johnson to really show us what this season is all about, and Wolff needs to net one or more goals if he's wanting to goto Germany. To win this game we are really going to have to break down Dallas' defense and Wolff and Johnson clicking together will do that.

I'm wanting to say Kansas City will win this 2-0, but I have a strong feeling that Dallas will net a few. A more realistic score is probably 2-1- or 2-2. Our team is very capable of putting 5 or 6 in the net in a good 90 minutes of play though, it would be nice to rehash a 5-1 victory over Dallas.

Discuss.

2. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ruiz is out..... hamstring I think.

I say 2-0 win for us. Whoever wants to score.... :p Let's say Groenwald and Wolff, so 8 goals from 8 different players. We'll get Garcia, Kerry and Bo to score against C-bus.... :p

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do agree our forwards definitly need to get on the scorers sheet more now. I mean we talk about this great strike force that has so far produced 2 goals, and none outside of opening day. While Davy has played amazing and Wolff and EJ haven't played bad, we need those guys to start putting the ball in the net.

Sunday on ESPN 2 would be the perfect time for that, EJ back in Big D against the team that let him go, time to prove himself with a goal or two like he did in Dallas for the US. Also time to do a little work in front of a national audience to show that the Wizards are not as Bunker Bobish as we used to be.

4. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. That's a pretty important tidbit of information.

5. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yes. This is a time for us to shine. Going 4-0-0 here would really show people that we are for real. The thing that sucks though is I don't have TV. Since it's on ESPN2, mlsnet.com won't show it... so I don't know if I'll be able to watch the game. I have to try to find a friend to let me borrow their dorm room/tv so I can watch it.

6. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't you just go down to the "commons area", that way everyone gets to watch with you!!

7. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Heh, I don't know anyone else here who even knows who they are. Besides, I'll cause a scene. :D

8. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's exactly why you should do it!

9. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Afternoon ESPN2 game. 1-0 if the fans are lucky. Most likely 0-0 with half the audience commiting suicide at halftime.

10. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    With Ruiz out you'd think we would have the edge, but Cooper and Mina are playing well. I think the Wizards might have a tough time, but I think the game will be close. I'll be pleased with a point, but staying perfect would be VERY nice.

11. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Mina's been great. I expected Cooper to do alright.

12. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rob Stone's calling this match? Glad I'll be at PHP... ;)

13. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It'd be really good for this team and this league if the score was something absolutely stupid like 7-2 (of course with the blue guys winning). That'll never happen, but it would be awesome to see Johnson net five in his old house and beat out Ching for week 4 Golden Boot leader.

:cool: :D :p

14. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    What would be really good for the league and this team would be for a team to go well into the season undefeated, or better yet winning every game. It'd be a good story. And well, the Wizards are the only team that qualify to win every game. So, let's make it happen.

15. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me tell you a little story about making a scene at school:

When I was in England in 2004, I heard Jack Jewsbury's goal against San Jose 2 times; once was over the phone. My Uncle was at the game, and all i heard was him stop in the middle of his sentence, a LOT of random noise, and silence when the connection got dropped.

I was also listening to the game on MLSnet audio, which was on a 7 or 8 second delay from real life. The second the call got dropped, I heard the goal there.

It was about 3 or 4 in the morning London time, but I still found it in myself to run outside of my school's common room, into the courtyard between the two residence halls, and scream "HELL YEAH!" and other things at the absolute top of my lungs for about 5 minutes straight.

I woke a lot of people up, and a lot of them yelled at me from their windows. But y'know what? It was ********ing worth it.

My point? MAKE A SCENE. It'll be fun. Trust me.

16. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can't concur enough. making a scene is one of my favorite pastimes. during the usa v costa rica qualifier here in '01, i went all sam's army in a section that... well, wasn't sam's army. these people couldn't fathom someone who wants to stand the whole game. i wouldn't sit down and stop yelling (i was too drunk to care) and i heard names and insults thrown at me that i couldn't have imagined. it's one of the prouder moments of my life.

make a scene, my friend, and make it last.

17. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This should be a good game, hopefully we play better than we did in our last trip to Texas although if we get the same result I'll be happy no matter how we play. I'd love to see EJ score against his old team and Wolff get his first. We'll have to get more than 1 if we want to win I don't think we'll shut out Dallas in Dallas.

I'm predicting this for our starting lineup:

------------------Bo
    Groenwald--Garcia---Conrad--Burciaga
    ---------------Zavagnin
    --------Jewsbury--Victorine
    -----Woff-------EJ-------Davy

18. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any restaurants with a couple of TV's that you could go to and try to get them to turn one to the game for you?

19. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Woff. Spelling 4,297 of Josh's name. :D The lineup seems pretty stable right now, but I'm hoping Josh and EJ work better together this week.

EJ-Cooper I'm guessing will be all those watching on TV will hear about.

20. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Eh, it won't be too hard to find a friend with a TV in the dorms, I have 3 that come to mind off the top of my head.

21. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, if you weren't so far away you could come over to my house and watch on the big screen.

22. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Haha, that would be awesome. Thanks for the hospitality. Too bad gas is like $2.77 a gallon.

23. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I was in a hurry, spelling names wrong isn't normal for me. I usually look up opposing players names on mlsnet just so I can get it right, because it bugs me when people misspell our player’s names.

24. soccer1055

soccer1055 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Matchnight article says that there is a chance Ruiz could play

"Ruiz did some testing of his leg today then joined in and trained at about 80%. Clarke says Ruiz is questionable for this weekend, they will evaluate him later in the week to determine if he can play. If it were my neck on the line, I would not start Carlos. Although I am sure Clarke will leave it mainly up to Carlos. If he feels good enough I am sure they will let him play."
    http://3rddegree.matchnight.com/thirdindex.cfm?page=article&show=18734

25. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Rut row