KC vs. DC: MLS Cup Pregame

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Nov 7, 2004.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    So there are no absences due to caution points for either team?

2. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow that is a nice game guide. All kinds of info in that one. One interesting fact I saw was that D.C. has only scored 5 more goals than us, but gave up 12 more. If giving up more goals makes your team more exciting then ******** that.

3. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. hartley

hartley Member

Good article in the post.

Nice to see others around the country are learning what we have known all year long.

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry, we don't plan to share the Cup though.

5. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    When I first glanced at the photo and saw Hughes/Jamison putting in 26 each I was like... what a moron. He doesn't know the difference between the Washington and KC Wizards. :D

6. IceKaiser

IceKaiser New Member

May 28, 2003
    training at altitude
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Me too!

Whenever I search for Wizards stuff on eBay, I have to eliminate the term "Jordan". :rolleyes:

7. ji_shuheng

ji_shuheng Member+

Mar 26, 2003
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kc didnt have to play a #1 seed either ;)

8. WBWIZ

WBWIZ New Member

Aug 25, 2002
    MAYVILLE ,Wi.
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good luck and well wishes for the cup. go wizards and hope everybody has a safe and enjoyable trip to cali. at least one tv in wi will be tuned in

wbwiz

9. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC
    Well after a whole week of trying not to think about it, the game is finally almost upon us. How I wish I could be out there in LA enjoying this moment with so many great Wizards fans, but at least I can watch the game on TV along with us other less-fortunate fans ;). All the speculation can be done and we can just watch the game and enjoy what hopefully is a game that adds a second star above our logo. Go Wizards!

10. rallen

rallen New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Shawnee, Ks
    Not much for predictions yet. Here's mine. 2-1 on a Josh Wolf goal in extra-time,

ONE MORE WIN!!!!!!! THIS ONE IS FOR LAMAR!!!!!!
    GO WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=316224&cc=5901

I really hope we come out firing tommorrow. I'm going to like being in the east against these **************s next year. Every player quote from D.C. was some backhanded compliment against one of our guys. Their fans are the same way.

It was pretty much, "well they're good, but they have no talent". Such crap. We earned everything we've won this season. I hope Zotinca breaks Dema's leg in two and Jewsbury drop kicks that midget in the face.

12. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC
    These two sentences sum up my feelings for the upcoming game perfectly.

As to the first: Who the hell are these DC fans who feal they "deserve" to be in the Cup? There are ZERO fans in ANY professional sport who deserve a chance to cheer on their team more than any other fans. So cut the ********ing "destined" or "deserved" **************** out of this discussion. The Wizards have earned everything they've gotten this season, even amid injuries and poor play and everything. ******** those spoiled DC fans - we'll show you what it's like on Sunday.

As to the second: I just want the Wizards to dominate. No, I don't want a pretty game. No, I don't want an exciting game. No, I don't want to have a heart attack or begin the hair-graying process. No, I don't want 6 minutes of stoppage time while the opponents take 303875938027 shots on goal. I want the Wizards to freaking dominate this game. Take no prisoners baby, this is our game.

GO WIZARDS!!!!

13. rallen

rallen New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Shawnee, Ks

The pieces in the Washington Post sure seem to make the United out to be the team that gets no respect. 11 hours and counting down to the Wiz kicking butt/ taking no prisioners/ and totally disrespectting United.

GO WIZARDS!!! ONE MORE WIN FOR LAMAR!!!!!!!
    2000, 2004 MLS Cup WINNERS..........

14. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today's the day, KC. Now, go out there and win your championship! I'm routing for ya.

15. DixieDean

DixieDean New Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Nassau, Bahamas
    If anyone deserves to win the cup it's The Wizards. The Wiz have been the most consistant team in the league this season (regular and playoffs).

Even if he's healthy no way Tony Meola should play! Bo deserves his day in the sun, he's earned that much. If they start Tony in goal your good karma goes out the window i.e. Columbus starting Dante Washington instead of Edson Buddle. If you see big Tony instead of big Bo, be affraid, be very affraid.

Wizards 3 United 1

GO WIZ!!!

16. KCWizFan#3

KCWizFan#3 New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Overland Park
    I'm so excited for the game today!! I kicking my family out of the room where we have a big screen tv. They'll have to watch football somewhere else because all thats going to be shown on that tv is the MLS Cup. DC will fall today and the wiz will come out victorius!!!!!

17. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Cmon Wizards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My only concern is that the two other times we've been on national TV this year we've had our butts handed to us, granted both of those were against San Jose though.

Go Wizards

19. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Cheers from LA! Ben, Chad, Rousch, calida and I are all headed out for the HDC. WEe've been drinking since 8:30...let's GO WIZ

20. IrishQuake

IrishQuake New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Alameda, CA, USA
    MLS Cup Final kick off is only minutes away. Good luck to the KC team and fans. You guys deserve more than any team this season to be where you are today, the bay area is rootin' for yis! Kick some arse! Do the double!

Best of luck.:)

21. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC
    This is from Saturday's Star, an article that I guess is supposed to be the pregame article for the Cup.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/soccer/mls/kansas_city_wizards/10176732.htm

Does anyone know who wrote this? There is no author on the interent, and I don't have a hard copy of the Star. I think this is one of the worst articles you could write when you're trying to get people to enjoy soccer in the US, on the day of MLS Cup, no less. Basically he's just giving everyone in America an excuse to NOT root for MLS teams and keep snubbing what we're creating here. I just want to know what jackass wrote this.

22. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i read that sunday morning and was just flabbergasted at the glaring error about 5-6 paragraphs down. apparently, celtic and rangers are now located in ireland. :rolleyes:

23. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If they've archived last Tuesday's press conference - which was broadcast on MLSnet, so guy I'd never heard of from the KC Star asked the first question of both Gansler and Nowak. His question of Gansler was one of those leading questions where you could basically tell he'd already made up his mind and written his story on how soccer hasn't made it in the U.S., and probably never will. He said his name.

24. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC
    So what is his name? Anybody in KC able to get a copy of the Star to find out?