KC Viewing Parties and Get togethers

Discussion in 'KC Chapter' started by JUSTICE!, Jun 17, 2009.

1. JUSTICE!

JUSTICE! New Member

May 18, 2008
    Hey guys, I know that we all do a great job representing at USMNT games, completely dominating tailgates and after parties, do the most HOJ's, and overall have a great chapter. The one thing that I think we are missing is overall unity beyond our WCQs.

What do you guys think would be the best thing to do besides viewing parties? Would scheduling a pick up game once a month, more organization for Wiz tailgates, etc.?

Let me know what you guys think.

Justice

2. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More scheduled pickup games, with HOJ's involved?

3. turkas

turkas New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Lawrence
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A summer pick nick would work nice :eek:

Seriously though, probably having some pick up games and formal AOKC organized activities (including tailgates) in general would work out. Maybe doing some stuff out at the soccer dome when the Kings are back in session could work too.

4. yanksoccerfan

yanksoccerfan New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Kansas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love seeing this be used more. Justice good idea. I like the kick around ideas. I think we can offer more though at the tailgates. We need to start bringing a keg even when Ben is not there. Try inviting people to games the more we have the better we sound and better looking it is not just for the group but the support for the team. Let me know what you guys wanna do. I have some connection at All American I could prob rent a full field for pretty cheap if you guys wanna take in some indoor games some afternoon.

Lets keep this message board for the AO KC active. News on our website to come soon keep checking for that.

5. JUSTICE!

JUSTICE! New Member

May 18, 2008
    Can you check to see if there are any weekend times that the feild is open in the month of July? Preferrably not at 7 in the morning. I don't know about you guys, but the main reason I never go to the Wiz kick arounds is because they are at 9 am on a Sunday. Hell, my liver hasn't even got done processing all the alcohol in my body by 9 am.

6. Goalieo

Goalieo Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would Magic come out of retirement for an AOKC kick around?

I like the indoor kick around idea and would be in for playing if it is at a decent time.

7. yanksoccerfan

yanksoccerfan New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Kansas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah ill check into it ill get back to you guys.