KC v LA - In/Post Game

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by RightCorner, Nov 5, 2004.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Yes. The soccer gods are smart. :D

2. Mike T

Mike T Member

May 21, 2002
    Miami
    KC that response is almost as sad as the 11,931. Thats Ok, though cause I hear your frustration in between the lines. I too dealt with that pain. Yes, I was one of those diehard Fusion faithful. I drove 1 -1.5 hr north from south Miami-Dade thru the Florida heat, traffic, and humidity to watch Fusion games, however, dispite my efforts and several other diehards it all proved not enough due to the numberous significant obstacles including location and administrative blunders that thwarted the regular bandwangon fans away.

Sorry to tell you, but 11,931 for a home game a step away from any significant championship is an embarresment and to make matters worse it occured in an 70,000 seat stadium making it all appear more like 1,931 instead. 'Mind you this game was broardcast internationally :(

The Fusion was heavily criticized for similar crowds on weekday(Wednesday) playoff games, yet Lockhart is more than 3X smaller than Arrowhead. Also KC has had 9 seasons(more than double the Fusion had) as well as an MLS championship to build on...and this was a conference championship on a Friday night... NO excuses, simply put.

I'm not trying to spoil your party(even though I already obviously have), but I only wish KC could be more successful in the turnstiles. You should vent that energy into mobilizing more fans into the stands instead.

Regardless good luck next Sunday. Peace, brother. I do not wish you have to go throught the pain I have had to live with since I lost my team. I sincerely hope that was just an aberation. No diehard deserves to loose his team, unfortunately sometimes the stakes are to difficult to overcome and beyond their control to correct.

3. Mike T

Mike T Member

May 21, 2002
    Miami
    Talk about insult to injury. I guess shouldn't make any comments?

Those kind of comments an the ones that followed sorta makes me fell feel like the Old Indian (in that comerical or public service anouncement) with the tear running down his face as he see the environmental polution surrounding him.

Again, regardless, good luck on Sunday.

4. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excuse me? What do you think you're doing? You're preaching to the choir, Mike. We are the passionate fans who are out there game after game, year after year. Ragging on and insulting us does nothing but piss us off. Hence my reaction.

We all wish our team and MLS would be more successful in drawing fans. We're making progress but it's nowhere near fast enough to satisfy anyone. Smaller stadia where the ticket supply is smaller than the demand is what will keep MLS stadia full. There simply aren't enough soccer fans to fill 80,000 seat stadia week in and week out. Maybe one day there will, but not now. Look what LA has done since moving from the Rose Bowl to the Horn Droning Center.

5. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First you are dumb for talking crap to us the fans that go to every game. Secondly with an SSS like you guys had, there should have been no problems filling that place up. You had more people to draw from and for the one year that you were good and playing attactive soccer you still couldn't get the place full. That is pathetic, just like your sad story that you had to drive 1.5 hrs to get to evey game. Great try 4 hrs each way.

6. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much as it pains me to say it....

Congratulations. Clearly the better team won, and it would have been a travesty if (playing the way we did) we had stolen that game and gone to the finals.

I'll be at the Cup game and will be cheering for your boys to squash the satanic evil that is DCU. All I ask is that you uphold the honor of the mighty Western Conference against those elite East Coast snobs, wunderkinds, and Kovalenko-assassins.

And, wait til next year. All we need is a coach and some players and maybe we will give you a contest.

7. Mike T

Mike T Member

May 21, 2002
    Miami
    Man between the reaction above and KC's earlier one I think it better not to say anything and Shut up... I WILL next time. When I said what I said I wasn't getting at you guy personally as I know you are the diehards. However, I thought I was just stating a fact about the KC market in general. A similar fact caused me to loose my team.

The way you guys react with your personal attack is totally uncalled for especially when you recognize that I am a similar diehard fan that has and is living you worst soccer nightmare.

Forget about it guys. I should have never wasted my time.

Whats most surprising to me is that you guys are moderators yet you speak with such language.

OH, and by the way, sorry my drives thru the sun traffic and humity don't match your 4 hr drives... the sad part about all that is that that was but a minor part of what I was trying to say. Its too bad you can't get the point.

So long felas. Enjoy yourselves on Sunday.

Whether you win or lose the game. Don't lose your team.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I thought that the main reason you lost your team was due to a lack of a strong ownership structure. Although attendence plays a part in it, that is the difference between the two clubs, we have a strong ownership, willing to take losses to help soccer grow.

9. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    You know, now that I go back and watch the game on TV, what the hell game was the radio guy watching?! We DID outshoot the Galaxy by that much. I remember pointing out to somebody during about the 70th minute of the match that we hadn't given up one shot on goal (and was reminded of Ruiz's far-post-squibber, which hardly even counts). Our defense was that dominant.

10. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hah...well, it WAS the LA homer announcer, so some bias is to be expected.

...although I don't know if "lying" falls under "bias". :)

11. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Just checked the final box score on the game. We gave up 9 shots, and 3 on goal. That's about right after the Galaxy's rush at the end.

We had 14, and 6 on goal.

Again, what game was the radio guy watching.

And Todd Suits, Wizards' head statistician, if you're reading this: I got your back.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was me that told you that. :D But you're right, we were dominant on defense, not allowing them any really good opportunities

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here come the pics I took at the game, none of them are fantastic, but I thought I'd post a few of them here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I have a few more pics sorry I can't figure out how to make them smaller, I'm working on it though

[​IMG]

this one is probably my favorite
    [​IMG]

15. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    kuhnscoot,

www.irfanview.com

It's free. You can easily crop and resize using it.

To crop, just click and drag the mouse. Ctrl-Y to cut.

To resize, hit Ctrl-R

To "Save As" just hit "S".

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks Andy, just finished downloading it, thanks a lot.

17. rallen

rallen New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Shawnee, Ks
    The shot of the crowd at the top of the stairs was great. That was a awsome feeling, to be there.