KC @ SJ POST game thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Nov 16, 2003.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just watched both the SJ/LA and the SJ/KC game again on yahoo, and I still say that for the most part that the SJ/KC game was better. In the SJ/LA game you just have LA fail to hold a lead and a determined SJ game coming back against an LA team that was content to sit back and hold on to their 4 goal advantage, and it came back to bit them in the butt. THe SJ/KC game was back and forth with no team looking like they would pull away. Once the first SJ goal went in, I knew that it was going to overtime, even after Klein scored again. It just seemed like SJ was not going to give up that easily. They didn't and equalized. I just felt that if I had the choice of watching one game or the other again, I would watch the SJ/KC game. This is because it was not one team dominating after the other had taken a big lead and sat on it, it was a up and back game with both team having great chances to put the game away. Again it is just my opinion, and a bias one at that, so take it for what you will.

3. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Quakes fan, just to concur: it was a fantastic game. For me, not as good as the SJ/LA game, but damn close.

I thought one of the key plays came late. Preki was leading a 3 v. 2 fast break counterattack (either in OT or sometime when it was 2-2). I thought Klein was more open on the right and should have received the ball. Instead Preki went left, knocked it too far past Wolff, and the momentum was lost.

I thought for sure the Wizards were going to score on that play, and I once again was able to breathe.

Kudos to the Wizards for a great game. Great entertainment for all MLS fans.

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I could swear that - at some point - you professed to being a Wizards fan. What up with that?

5. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    woah woah i could agree to this statement also. what is up with that?

6. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ditto to that as well.

7. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In the year 2000, totally new to MLS, I somewhat randomly chose the Wizards as my team, largely because Ron Newman had once been thier coach, and also because Molnar played for them and I liked his Danish heritage (I am 3/4 Danish). They won the Cup that year but I was so disenchanted with the Bunker Bob style, I couldn't continue my support.

I then decided to support a team closer to my home but couldn't support the Galaxy, as no self-respecting San Diegan can support a LA team. So I chose San Jose. This was a month before they hired Yallop, signed DeRosario, traded for Agoos, Lagos and Ibsen, and the rumors of Donovan going there began.

I once again chose well.

I don't know what I'll do if San Diego Chivas comes to fruition.

With no true "home" team, in the end I root for MLS more than anything else.

8. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    well done

I'm a little late with this, sorry....

I am a die hard Quakes fan, but I wanted to come over here and just say that your boys playes THE BEST MLS game I have ever seen! We played very well Saturday, but you guys played just as good, maybe even better. That game could have so easily gone either way. After the game, as your guys were walking to the locker room, my friends and I congratulated them on a very hard-fought, wonderful game. All but one (I won't mention names, it isn't important) returned a smile and said thank you. A couple of them even said congratulations and good luck. Like I said, the game could have so easily gone either way. You guys should be proud to have come this far. Hell, you made it farther than LA...HAHAHAHA!! (ok, sorry)

All joking aside, KC is a class act in my eyes. Thank You for one of, if not THE best soccer game ever!

9. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Re: well done

Sure it is. Every team needs a guy or two to take it too hard just for good chemistry's sake. I only hope it was one of KC's defenders.

10. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Re: Re: well done

Fine then...it was Preki.

Honestly though, I really meant everything I said. You guys played awesome, and I cant say enough about the attitudes....