KC Roadtrip Thread: 31 August

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Pyro, Jul 29, 2002.

1. OK,

I will be collecting money for the trip at tonight's match. $60 per seat stands.

Marcin

2. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, less than a week remaining, so it's time to dredge this thread up from the depths.

1. I spoke with Marcin at the game Saturday, and it seems that the bus is not happening, and that he was unable to find vans either...he may have updated information on this later in the week.

2. Marcin will be posting the section for Fire fans later this week, along with any information on #1 as well, I assume.

3. My car seems to be full, I'm leaving on Saturday morning, arriving Saturday afternoon.

4. Game is at 7.30 Central Time.

5. The drive is 8-9 hours. Drive through Iowa, it's shorter unless you're down near Springfield.

6. Seems like at least some of us are staying out near the airport. I'm at the Microtel, others are at the Hilton etc etc.

7. Be very careful driving, even on a good day, Missouri cops are a pain in the ass, as pointed out previously this is a holiday weekend at the end of a month, a great time to get pinched.

8. Shouldn't be a problem buying tickets at the gate. KC plays in an 80k seat stadium. Needless to say, it hasn't ever even been half full for soccer.

3. Bayernfan

Bayernfan Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    Not much talk lately about the KC match; how many are making the trek?

4. chitowndoll

chitowndoll New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MDSC HQ: design dept.
    jeremy goodwin: theburden, and modernpiracy and i are the ones who talked to you at the game about going out to KC with you. what's the best way of getting this worked out? phone numbers, email...?

5. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    A friend and I are going to be there. Marcin said he will be posting here as soon as he fiinds out ticket info.

6. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Sounds like around 20 ultras are going. I don't know about bb numbers or other fire fans. Jeremy Goodwin might know about the bb numbers.

7. Please be patient. I think the van will be happening as I finally found one. I have been playing phone tag with Mike Rodriguez from the Wizards about tickets but I should have answers to all this this afternoon. It seems that the Ultras number is around 18 and other Section 8ers is around 6, plus Jeremy Goodwin's load and some that fly in. The total number should be around 35-45 Fire supporters which should be enough to claim the accustically fantastic Arrowhead Stadium Soldier Field West.

Please reserve and buy tickets from the Fire fan allocation, so we all seat together. More info on this very soon.

Marcin

8. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    awesome, sounds like yet another good road presence for our team

9. Of course, I meant buy tickets from Mike Rodriguez of the Wizards so we all sit together. Whoever is going with me in the van, don't buy the tickets from him, as I will buy tickets for you.

His number is (816)920-4744. Ask for the Fire Supporters block in Section 133. Please call on Tuesday before 5 PM, to make sure we retain the reserved seats. I don't know what the ticket price is (he did not tell me as I actually did not speak with him--we were only exchanging messages--crazy!!!--we left 3 messages each) but last year it was $11 so bargain with him. There are 50 seats reserved for us, so we better make use of them all.

The other thing is the van. I actually was able to finally get a van. The cost (including gas) should be a little over $600 for the weekend, so if there are 15 people going, it should come to about $42 (van) + $11 (ticket) +$12 (hotel) = $65 total. Not bad; it should be about twice cheaper than the trip by plane.

The plan is to leave on Saturday morning (7 AM) to arrive for the game and then stay overnight in Kansas City and leave early afternoon the next day to arrive back in Chicago Sunday night (probably around 10 PM). I am going to get hotel accomodations for people travelling in the van with me. They should be not more than $10-$12 per person but this is based on two double bed rooms with 4 people in each room. It seems that I have 6 seats available in the van right now (it seats 15 people), so please email me at marcin14@yahoo.com as soon as possible. There is already another van (smaller) full of Ultras going for sure.

I am going to email the people who indicated that they wanted to go with the same info, so they all should be informed in a few minutes.

Marcin

10. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Marcin, I don't think we are taking the bus because I have to be back early afternoon on Sunday but we still might be in on the hotel to get a little sleep before we drive back. Sylvester is suppose to call me on thursday and I'll let him know then.

11. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    There is alot of construction on I-80 to Des Monies. We ran into this problem coming back from Milwuakee, expect to add atleast 45 mins to the drive time.

12. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    thanks for the info.

13. The construction should not be affecting the driving too much because both Illinois and Iowa (I don't know about about Missouri) have a policy of openinig any possible lanes and stopping construction for long weekend days. However, extra time should always be added for trips like that.

Tickets in our section are still available. I just spoke with Mike Rodriguez again and he said it was OK to call and order them by Thursday 5 PM. If you have not done it, please do so by calling the number in my previous post by Thursday. The tickets are discounted and cost $12/each. If you decide to buy them just before the match, they will be more expensive and probably not in our section. The ticket count in our section right now is 17 but I am sure there are many more people going. Those who are going with Jeremy, I am going to email you because I can get the tickets for you if you can't.

14. Jaquie

Jaquie New Member

Sep 30, 2000
    Chicago
    d'oh once again I did not check my e-mail or pm until after the game - and thereby missed the message to talk to Marcin about the trip! If there is still availability, I would love to go!

15. Jaquie,

I am going to let you know as soon as I know that I have a space for you.

Marcin

16. Can people who are driving or flying to KC identify themselves, so we know approximately how many will be there?

17. Jaquie

Jaquie New Member

Sep 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Thanks

18. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm driving, probably bringing chitowndoll, theburden, and modernpiracy.

We're trying to get accomidations worked out, but it shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't gotten a ticket yet, I'm just going to grab one day of game.

19. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flying myself +1.

Got tickets yesterday.

20. I can buy one for you; just let me know. You'll give me money in KC then.

21. Bayernfan

Bayernfan Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    My wife, baby son and I are flying in on Sat. from Atlanta.

22. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    me and a friend are driving.

23. This produces a count of 23. Any more comers?

24. zlzfire

zlzfire New Member

Jun 28, 2001
    Frankfort, IL
    1 flying in here, plus I am meeting soem family in KC, although I dont think my granparents will be down w/ standing and yelling for 90 minutes...

25. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be great, thanks.