KC NWSL 2021

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by SiberianThunderT, Jan 12, 2021.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    In branding news:

KC also made a trade with the Reign recently, plus they've already announced open tryouts and seem to be ready for the draft. It's a weird and very quick start for a pro team, but it's definitely a start.

=EDIT=
    EQZ has more details on the crest and plan for 2021, and I gotta say I like the "secondary" crest way more than the first:
    https://equalizersoccer.com/2021/01/12/kansas-city-nwsl-temporary-crest-colors-name-2021-season/
    I have nothing against teal, but I think the exact shade of teal they used in the primary crest doesn't sit right with me, at least for as strongly used as it is. The teal looks great in the secondary crest, bu the primary crest reminds me of a toothpaste brand instead of a soccer club...

blissett repped this.
  2. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    I get the time constraints, but couldn't they just go with KCFC?

3. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The primary crest reminds me too much of the Red Stars, whose artwork I really like.

Reign Man repped this.
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    the president of the ecnl is now going to be paid by a pro team to be director of their youth development?

isn't there a giant conflict of interest here?

6. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, with the season winding down, there's proof that midseason changes actually worked fairly well: KC hasn't lost at home since the end of June (a 1-2 loss to DC), with 3 wins and 3 draws since.

Now if they could just get a real name and logo. X-D

blissett repped this.
  7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reign Man and toad455 repped this.
  9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KC Current
    Come join us in Kansas City as we embark on our second season!
    We have various levels of opportunities open, including multiple VP and Director roles. Check out the available positions here [​IMG] https://bit.ly/30dMO3v

toad455 repped this.
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Equalizer
    BREAKING: The KC Current has announced the firing of head coach Matt Potter, effective immediately. The decision is "related to issues around his leadership and employment responsibilities."
    Caroline Sjöblom has been named interim coach.

11. 2233soccer

2233soccer Member

United States
    Sep 13, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone have any background story to this? the players that were interviewed seemed to be taken by surprise with this.

12. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know. But I also think the Longs have zero tolerance for anything sideways with respect to treating women poorly. The whole brand is centered around doing it the right way and women first. Angie Long stepped in when the league was in crisis two? years ago to be co-commissioner/president. The Current had advertising at Women's World Cup that focused on women's firsts (stadium) and support. There must have been something that crossed a line and ownership toed the line.

cpthomas repped this.
  13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    blissett repped this.
  14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Press release from our local club...World Class FC is proud to announce our U18 player Claire Hutton has signed a 3 year contract to play for the Kansas City Current of the National Women's Soccer League.

kcfooty, Reign Man and cleansheetbsc repped this.