KC @ Morelia pregame [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Aug 5, 2002.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Pregame article: http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/3811670.htm

What is wrong with Preki???

"It doesn't make sense going to Mexico, especially since we don't have room to slip in MLS," Preki said. "For me, the only games that are important are MLS games. I know some of the guys look at it differently. I don't care about the Champions Cup. It seems nobody is paying attention to it."

Although Preki is my favorite player of all time, I disagree with this and dont like the sound of it. You want a team all on the same page and fighting for one another. Preki doesnt sound like he's ready to fight until Saturday in DC. Could this be "grumpy old man" syndrome?

2. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    The same as English with a Russian accent.

This Burn fan is pulling for you guys.

3. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Get 'Em

As is this Metro fan. We need an MLS in the CC final. I'd hate to see two Mexican teams there.

Go Wizards!

4. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Best of luck to the Wizards from a Fire supporter. Stick it to the bastards! Good news is we managed to get two of their players suspended for you.

5. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Its only fitting in this situation to say: Gracias! :)

6. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    There is a diary article on kcswizards.com

1:30 p.m.
    Following a large lunch of fruit, salad, spaghetti, lasagna and chicken, the coaching staff boards a 45-minute bus ride to Estadio Morelas, site of Wednesday’s match against the Wizards and Morelia. The staff is met by a handful of Mexican media members anxiously awaiting a word from Head Coach Bob Gansler about the looming Champions Cup match. The 42,000-seat stadium boasts a finely cropped playing surface surrounded by an eight-foot deep moat between the field and the chain link fence that lines the front row of seats. When the media finished questioning Coach Gansler, the crew headed back to the hotel.

An 8-foot deep moat, I wonder how much they pay some kids to catch all the shanked balls that go in their.

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well the MLS weekly release said that they've decided that the Morelia/Wizards winner will host the first leg of the final (tentatively scheduled for the 4th of September). I was hoping for the 2nd leg. I definitely can't make it to KC on the 4th.

If the Wizards get past Morelia... We need to try and plan a road trip to Costa Rica or Mexico for the 2nd leg of the final on September 18th. Even if it is just four or five of us, if we can get the Mystics banner and the checkered flag. That would rock!

8. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Andy:

Keep in mind that most of us are college students. Meaning a) the games are midweek and b) going out of the country on such short notice is expensive as all hell.

Good idea though.

9. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    But the 18th of September won't be horribly short notice. Three weeks is plenty of time. I bet we can probably get it down to $250-300 bucks if we can pool resources or find a cheap ass flight deal. Perhaps the team can help.

10. The Incriminator

The Incriminator New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    Newark
    For KC = Grand Master Crap. Awfullness personified. MLS hides face for shaming!