Kc/dc [R] postgame thoughts

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by KCWizFan#3, Nov 14, 2004.

1. KCWizFan#3

KCWizFan#3 New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Overland Park
    Whats going on? Lets go Wizards...play like you want this. We can do it!!!!

2. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Kc/dc

YES JOSH!

Boy, this will be INTERESTING to see if DC can hang on!

C'mon you Wizards!

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well DC has been the better team so far definitly, but we still have a chance. Let's go Wizards

By the way for future reference, when you are referring to a game, especially one that is going on, but an [R] in your thread titles.

4. Aquari

Aquari New Member

Jul 5, 2004

C'MON KC! One more goal----avenge that other handball!!!

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Taylor for Jack, we are definitly looking much better in this half. Much better, I think we've got an equalizer coming before this game is over.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

BTW, I am very glad that Esk is out of the game

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

TAYLOR pull the trigger, take the shot,

[clique]good things happen when shots are taken[/clique]

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Walsh for Zotinca.

Come on you Wizards, get another

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Matt Taylor say hello to the unprotected list for the expansion draft

10. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Taylor = black hole

Yeesh he was bad. What a weak shot on his GREAT chance in the box...

Great season Wizards!

11. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC
    Re: Kc/dc [R]

Thoughts after the game:

Disastrous 7 minutes during the second half does us in. Utter disaster.

Squandered chances while we were up a man for the last 30 minutes - gotta have a goal there, fellas!

Now we have to freaking listen to those DC bitches who got an own goal and a goal that shouldn't have even counted. We got jobbed on that one, pure and simple.

At least Dema got a red-card. Dang I hate that guy.

Frustration. Disaster.

We had a good season.

12. rallen

rallen New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Shawnee, Ks
    Cup final Post game

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

What a game though. Hats off to DC. They found a way to win.
    So many chances, it's hard to figure out what to talk about 1st.

13. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Kc/dc [R]

Went against my better judgment and stopped by their chat. Big mistake...bunch of douchebags over there.

14. Aquari

Aquari New Member

Jul 5, 2004

I was hoping for another goal....it would have been better if a West Coast team hang on to the Cup but oh well...

Great season, KC!

15. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC
    Re: Cup final Post game

Yeah. Alecko had a good game. He certainly had a hand in their victory. (This could be the most bitter statement thick with sarcasm that I have ever made in my entire life.)

Burciaga's strike was class, I was so pumped after that. But then our defense just turned into a sieve for 7 minutes and we paid for it. The offensive effort was certainly better after we went up a man, but we HAVE to score then. Jesus, Matt Taylor, put down your freaking purse next time before you check into a game.

16. Carey

Carey New Member

Sep 29, 2002
    KC

No it isn't...******** Eskandarian and his handball, and ******** Kennedy for missing it.

That said, KC didn't really deserve to win it. Way too many giveaways.

17. rallen

rallen New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Shawnee, Ks

Kennedy in center was not a good sign to begin with. Missing the handball on DC's second goal was soooo obvious. Taylor holding on to the ball when he knew DC had a hard time seeing with the sun in the eyes. I got in trouble for yelling too much because the Grandson was sleeping.
    Both the Chiefs and Wizards losing within hours. Tough day for Lamar.

18. johnnygol

johnnygol New Member

Jun 28, 2004

Kc good season, terrible final. 3 goals in 7 minutes....... :confused:

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well ********, good second half, but those 7 minutes in the first half killed us. Only real problem we can have with the refs is the handball on the second goal.

I'm more disappointed in the way that we played, we looked lazy and slow for a lot of the first half, and then in the second we showed a complete lack of urgency over the final 10 minutes of the game. Just not our best game, the better team won the game today and my hat is off to DC for playing a great game.

Some quick player performance reports in my opinion
    Bo: The right choice, can not really fault him on the goals, they were more from defensive break downs.

Jimmy: Only glaring mistake was the bad touch that led to the second goal. True it was a hand ball, but you gotta make a better play then that. Other then that though, it was a very consistent game from our best defender. Had a good shot that led to the PK.

Nick: A good game from Nick, played well, handled both Moreno and Esk well except for the one goal, and I think he was expecting help from Khari who was right next to him really not guarding anyone.

Zotinca: Put in the own goal, but didn't have a whole lot of choice. Looked slow at times and didn't want to move or follow marks.

Jose: Our best player today. Him and Guti were the only two that consistently seemed like they wanted to play. Great shot for the goal, and good defensive work.

Khari: Disappeared, he was not really anywhere for the half he was out there. Again see my note on Garcia.

Jewsbury: Poor performance, saw him walking and not following marks for many parts of the game today.

Kerry: Did not see him for most of the first half, I don't think I even heard his name called until the 35th minute, which is normally not a bad thing, but today, I think was a bad thing, he was not into the game in the first half. His second half was better, but still not to the level we expect from him. Hopefully this was not his last game in a Wizards uniform.

Guti: Very good performance from the captain. He played well to keep us in the game and fought hard to try and get us there. Him and Jose were our best players today.

Davy: Did not show me much today. He spent much of the second half trying to draw fouls, which I don't like at all. He was known for his work ethic early this season. Not enough touches for either him or Wolff today.

Wolff: Same as Davy, did not do much at all today. I think it was JP that said it, but the PK was his first and I think only shot on goal today.

Subs:
    Igor: Changed the game more when he came in. Worked well and hard but was not rewarded for it.

Taylor: Poor performance, this was his first game since when? Terrible terrible game, if this is why he hasn't been playing, I totally understand why.

Walsh: Not much time, but he did better then I expected when he came on.

Overall it was not our best performance, and yet again we show poorly on national TV.

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He had 3 good chances in the box, and screwed up all three of them.

We, as in all MLS fans, are never gonna hear the end of this now that DC has won this.

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just a poor performance from the team, see the other thread for most of my comments. They looked lazy and had no urgency in the last 10 minutes.

Matt Taylor...YOU SUCK

22. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC

And this is part of the reason why I hate the fact that DC has won, and not just because MY team lost. Notice how I emphasized "my."

Listen up, DC Fan: YOUR team did not "deserve" this win any more than any other team in history. In fact, no group of fans have EVER deserved a win more than another group of fans. EVER. For what really is the difference between MY team and YOUR team? These pronouns are only a matter of perspective, my friend.

DC won the game, 3-2. This is an indisputable fact. However, the joy you feel would be the exact same joy we would have felt after a KC victory. And the reverse is true for the despair KC fans feel right now. So there cannot be a fan that deserves the victory more than an opposing fan, because we all feel for our team and support them through thick and thin. You say that DC "comes back from the glory of championships past. That's why we deserve it. It's our destiny." Cut that bull********** right now. What about the abysmal years that KC had in 2001 and 2002 after our championship in 2000? What about the pure despair we felt after the loss to San Jose last season? Do we not, too, deserve the Cup?

So please, DC Fans, enjoy your victory as any good fan should. I cannot take any of your joy away from you. However, never say the word "deserve" in regards to this victory for your club and your fans. We cheer just as hard as you do. We care just as much as you do. And same for the other 8 MLS teams who weren't able to make it as far as OUR teams did. But they will continue to support THEIR teams during the good times and the bad times. So lay off the elitist bull********** we've been hearing since the game last weekend. Enjoy your off-season as champions, but cut the crap.

Thank you, my venting is complete. Great season, Kansas City, and we all hope to see OUR team back out competing for a title again next season. Go Wizards!

23. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts

Wow this is to bad. I'm thinking what would've been different if Tony was picked over Bo.

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kckicker23 again.

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Absolutly nothing. Bo was the right pick for the match. The first goal was Nick just getting beat because he was expecting outside help from Khari that never came. No way Tony gets that one. The second goal, Tony wouldn't have gotten either, once Esk broke in, Tony would have probably fallen backwards and made it look like there was nothing he could do about it. On the third, it was a good cross, and I don't think Tony would have come out for it either, just unlucky.

If you mean his leadership skills, I think that Diego did a fantastic job as the leader of this team, leading by example. Diego has been the perfect captain to fill in for Tony, and I'm of the opinion that captains need to be in the middle of the play, not in the goalbox, so I would love to see Diego keep the captains armband.

I'm sorry but I don't second guess for a second not starting Tony.