KC @ Dallas Post Game thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by IowaBoy, Apr 23, 2006.

1. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: KC @ FC Dallas in game banter [R]

Looked to me like Bo touched it.

And I agree that it's mostly the other guy's fault, but it looked from the crappy camera angle (want to see one from behind the goal) that Bo definitely had a chance for it.

As a former keeper, if I were in that situation, I'd know I wasn't in a good situation and that wasn't my fault, but I'd be pissed that I couldn't keep that out.

2. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas

So...

Does this remind anybody of that second leg of the Raps-Burn series last year in the playoffs? Because as soon as Zotinca scored that, losing this game was still in the back of my mind.

After the Wiz knotted it up, I knew this shiite would happen. It wasn't that surprising. Team feels lucky to earn a point on the road, and a mental lapse just wiped the undefeated streak they had going.

Good times ...

Oh well, I guess it was a fun game to watch.

3. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That was a cluster******** of mistakes, EJ wins it and everyone around looks at it then Burciaga tackles like a 12 year old and Pitchkolan runs in all by himself. If you're the last man you'd better crush that guy running at you not just stick your foot in.

Also how does 5 minutes of stoppage time become 4:30 when there were 2 goals scored in stoppage time? Not that it would have mattered we should have scored earlier but just curious.

4. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I dunno if "fun" is the way I'd put it...stoppage time was interesting.

But watching KC's largely impotent offense the rest of the game was awful.

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

I was definitely thinking there'd be another goal - one way or the other.

The problem with Bo is that he never single handedly wins any games (or points) for the team.

He makes the routine saves, but he never makes the spectacular game-changing saves.

Sometimes, to win the rings, your goalkeeper has to stand on his head. Bo is a great backup, but he never gives us a superlative effort. He never makes saves on shots he had no business making a save on. Pretty much every other keeper in the league does that with varying frequency.

6. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

Nice to see espn2 - which has been going "crowd crazy" and "supporters group silly" all season - completely ignore the travelling Wizards section - which is the exact same section they had a camera in for the Burn/Fire game on opening day.

7. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    :(

What a blown opportunity. Poor finishing and choppy passing cost us.

8. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trade Josh Wolff now... he's been trash so far this year for the Nats and KC. Talk about a forward that finds every reason not to continue pursueing a ball or making a play.... and it's rubbing off on EJ who'd rather flop than finish.

9. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a game of wasted opportunities.

I lost track of the number of breakaways we had up top that Wolff and EJ failed to chase down and take a good shot with. It was almost like they were slowing down on purpose, hoping to feel that tug on the back so they could go down and try to get a PK.

Right now, if I'm Bruce Arena, I am absolutely banging my head against the wall. 4 games, and only 1 goal between EJ and Wolff combined? Pathetic.

Bright spots: I thought the defense overall played very well, but we made a couple crucial mistakes that led to goals. Consistency, guys, consistency. Victorine and Zavagnin were everywhere, very active, Dallas never did get a good flow going through the middle of the field. Arnaud was hustling his tail off, the other two forwards can take a lesson from him.

10. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that last defensive effort of Burciaga typified the lack of desire by all the players in that game... actually, i think Garcia was the Man of the Match... he basically saved the game from being 3-1... seemed like he actually wanted to win...

but disappointing overall....

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well this was a game of missed opportunities, each of our 3 starting forwards had a break away, Eddie falls down, Davy gets Gbandi a red card, and Josh just falls over as well. We had our chances to put goals away but did not do it.

The last goal is numerous players fault, the 2 guys in the middle that just stood there, the defender that stood there as the ball went off him right back to the forward, and Bo for getting beat to the near post on that.

other thoughts:

the Gbandi red was deserved, he basically wrapped his arms around Davy and tried to drag him down after he passed him, I don't see how that couldn't have been a red.

Sala is a whiny b*tch, two rather lame "injuries" especially the second when he got Wolff the yellow.

nice strike by Alex, but lack of concintration right after that cost us the game.

12. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I wonder what Bruce thought when he watched Josh Wolff get closed down from behind on a 90th minute breakaway.

If you can't outrun someone in MLS, you should not be going to Germany.

13. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you mean "shouldn't"

14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Indeed. I'll fix my post.

15. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I had no idea Arnaud was so fast. I knew about Wolff, Johnson, and Sealy, but Arnaud was blowing past Rhine all night. That is a scary fast front line. KC played well with the exception of finishing, but that might be explained by the growing evidence of homefield mojo fermenting at PHP.

16. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    I'm going to go with the absolute "funk" that Wolff and EJ are in right now.

17. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Man this was a depressing game to watch. Go down in the 4th minute, spend 89 minutes down a goal, then when we finally stick in an equalizer, we all think it's shower time and let them get full points.

This is so frustrating knowing there is this much talent on or team and watching them do NOTHING all game. The announcer even said that after KCs one opportunity in the early second half, that we hadn't even seen Wolff or Johnson. That was a nice goal by Zotinca. Wolff and Johnson both had good break aways but neither could do anything with them.

Our team has a problem with other teams being physical with us. It seems like every game we are being pulled to the ground and shoved off balls, but then we get a card for coming in late and clipping a heel or walking around the goalie and not touching the little whiny bitch (i.e. Josh Wolff and Dario Sala).

Kansas City's opponents have had 7 yellows, 2 reds, and 66 fouls against us in the first 4 games alone.

18. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Sala is pretty much my least favorite player in the world. If I were out there, I would tackle him. He's slows the game down so much that I'm really surprised that he never got a caution for doddling around.

19. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I concur with your distaste for Dala. He did several things during the game to which I responded "What a dick!"

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Anyone know when the last time we actually won a game on espn2/ESPN/ABC was?

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    last year in DC.

Sasha got the goal. Wasn't that the first Wizards away win you were at as well Andy? Not wanting to dig that back up but I thought it was, just wanted to make sure I had the right game.

22. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back from the game and I think that y'all have the best fans. The guys that came all the way to the game were AWESOME. They came to the tailgate and partied with us and then chanted and cheered the whole game! Class acts the bunch of them!!
    After the game, during the reserves match, Bo came to watch. My son who is 11 and also plays goalie, talked to him and asked him for any advice for playing keeper and Bo was amazing. He gave my son solid advice and then gave my son his jersey and signed it for him. What a quality guy!!
    We'll trade ya Sala for Big Bo anytime!!!! :D

23. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that is scarcism, but no thanks, I am not Bo's biggest fan, but after seeing some of the stuff Sala did today, it just makes me remember why I hate South American goalies.

One other thing that worries me now that I think about it, is that of our last 4 goals, only 1 has been in the run of play, and that was a wonder strike by Jose, the other 3 have come off of corners, which is nice but we need more in the run of play.

24. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's definitly a change from last year thats for sure. I don't even know how many times I heard "we can't do **** on set pieces!!"

25. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Was that game on espn2?

I know the awful, horrible 0-0 game in Kansas City was. I guess I didn't remember the win in DC as also being on TV.