Karbassiyoun Interview at TIAS

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bostonf4lyf, Sep 12, 2007.

1. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
  2. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    what a great story.

3. ben84621

ben84621 Member

May 28, 2005
    Denver
    Club:
    Torino FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a great kid, as well.

I was a bit confused, though: the first paragraph says he was "the youngest player to score a goal in English club competition" but the third question says he was the "youngest American to score a goal in England." Was he actually the youngest player to score a goal at that level, regardless of nationality?

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Danny certainly has his head on straight. He is far more mature than his young age of 23. He sounds extremely humble and sounds motivated to become someone not only inside of Arsenal but in the souting network. To be honest he has a dream job. While others would get their kicks being a profesional athlete in the limelight, I would love to be that guy in the shadows finding the talent that becomes world class. Danny feels that way, too. The attitude and intelligence displays will certainly carry him far. My hat is off to Danny. He certainly has captured my respect.

I'm greatful to TIAS as well. I had a huntch he was scouting the U-20's this summer and wondered how his new career was going. Sounds like he's focused and keeping busy. BTW, that was a great question regarding the insurance coverage. That's real journalism at its best! Most would of never thought to ask that.

5. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    The author must have made a mistake with the first comment. He might be the youngest American but he isn't the youngest player to ever score a goal in English club competition.

Wayne Rooney held the record when he scored at age 16 with Everton, which ironically, was broken by James Vaughn who also plays for Everton.

By the way, good to hear Danny is doing well in his new career. Certainly not a bad way to retire from football.

6. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
    TIAS is a great website, i read every article he publishes. Adam Spangler doesnt repeat things we already know, he tries to look at things in the big picture. He also gets really really good interviews.

7. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a great site, but they have to get rid of the black text on the dark red background. It's impossible to read without getting a headache.