Kansas City Wizards Off-Season Movement Tracker

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Jan 24, 2008.

1. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    27 on the list now
    Lopez could make 28
    Pardo is going for the 3rd keeper spot so that means that someone has to go. Lowery or Kraus? (really big guess on my part here)... And then there's Kartunen who hasn't been with the team yet... if he shows up later then .. well how the roster stuff goes. Maybe he's just KC's property even not being on the 28 man roster.

2. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly don't believe in rostering 3 full time keepers. 2 should run your season and if one goes down there is always a league floater like Burpo. If it is an extended loss there is always and MLS backup looking to move or god forbid you couldn't pluck and A-leaguer for about 35k and it would be a raise for him and a shot at the big time, (at least here in the US).

The Wizards have gotten zero usage out of their 3rd keeper slot. We haven't developed anybody from there and have always just plucked a more proven veteren. Seitz, Guzan and maybe Cronin have been the only picks in the last 5 years to come through and be worth waiting on. Most of our other 3rds have all left after 2 years. Heck Bo or Tony would probably suit right back up if offered regardless of what their doing at the moment.

3. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I totally agree. The only reason a 3rd GK would be needed is through injury, and if injury did happen it'd be easy enough to pick up a keeper on short notice.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing with third keepers though is that they are on developmental contracts. How many of our developmental players actually move up to full contracts? Not many. The majority of them move out after a season or two. So it's not like the third keeper is taking up a valuable roster spot of a player that will contribute.

5. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So they're potentially taking a spot away from a Arnaud type or a Holbein on the other hand.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or they're potentially taking a spot of a Stephen Shirley, Ryan Barber, or any number of the other anonymous developmental players who never lasted.

7. KCWizMystic4Life

KCWizMystic4Life New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Plus having that third keeper practice with the team is nice so that in the event of an injury you aren't bringing in a complete stranger, and in our case they get to practice and learn from an experience keeper like Hartman.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ryan Raybould has been waived.

Gordo will be heartbroken.

9. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Gordo will be wearing a black armband at the opener?

10. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's funny is that I had a list of players that went to Argentina and Raybould wasn't on the list but I didn't notice... my bad.

We now have 30 guys, not counting Lopez. So, he makes 31, that means 2 have to be gone.

11. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's in denial. :(

12. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ryan Raybould waived.

We now have a roster of 26... so we'd better be bringing a few more players in methinks. Still looking at Lopez and that other open try-outs guy who went to Argentina with the team (can't think of his name). So adding those two would be 28.
    Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][B][U]2007 Roster.............................2008 Roster[/U][/B]
    Davy Arnaud.............................Davy Arnaud
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Jose Burciaga Jr.[/COLOR][/I].......................Eloy Colombano
    Eloy Colombano..........................Jimmy Conrad
    Jimmy Conrad............................[I][COLOR=Blue]Roger Espinoza[/COLOR][/I]
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Edson Elcock[/COLOR][/I]............................Michael Harrington
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Nick Garcia[/COLOR][/I].............................Kevin Hartman
    [I][COLOR=Grey]A.J. Godbolt[/COLOR][/I]............................Aaron Hohlbein
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Willy Guadarrama[/COLOR][/I]........................Jack Jewsbury
    Michael Harrington......................Michael Kraus
    Kevin Hartman...........................Eric Kronberg
    Aaron Hohlbein..........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Jonathan Leathers*[/COLOR][/I]
    Jack Jewsbury...........................Amir Lowery
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Will John[/COLOR][/I]...............................Carlos Marinelli
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Eddie Johnson[/COLOR][/I]...........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Matt Marquess*[/COLOR][/I]
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Chris Konopka[/COLOR][/I]...........................Ryan McHahen
    Michael Kraus...........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Rauwshan McKenzie*[/COLOR][/I]
    Eric Kronberg...........................Kurt Morsink
    Amir Lowery.............................[I][COLOR=Blue]Chance Myers[/COLOR][/I]
    Carlos Marinelli........................Ryan Pore
    Ryan McHahen............................Scott Sealy
    Kurt Morsink............................[I][COLOR=Blue]Ivan Trujillo[/COLOR][/I]
    Ryan Pore...............................Sasha Victorine
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Ryan Raybould[/COLOR][/I]...........................Tyson Wahl
    Scott Sealy.............................Lance Watson
    Sasha Victorine.........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Yomby William*[/COLOR][/I]
    Tyson Wahl..............................Kerry Zavagnin 
    Lance Watson............................
    Kerry Zavagnin..........................

[I][COLOR=Grey]Will not be with team in 2008[/COLOR]	   	[COLOR=Blue]New acquisition for 2008[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Blue]* - Still has to make team try outs[/COLOr][/I]

[B]BY POSITION[/B]
    F - Ryan Pore
    F - Scott Sealy
    F - Ivan Trujillo
    M/F - Jack Jewsbury
    M/F - Michael Kraus
    M - Davy Arnaud
    M - Eloy Colombano
    M - Amir Lowery
    M - Carlos Marinelli
    M - Ryan McHahen
    M - Kurt Morsink
    M - Sasha Victorine
    M - Lance Watson
    M - Kerry Zavagnin
    M/D - Roger Espinoza
    M/D - Aaron Hohlbein
    D - Jimmy Conrad
    D - Michael Harrington
    D - Jonathan Leathers*
    D - Matt Marquess*
    D - Rauwshan McKenzie*
    D - Chance Myers
    D - Tyson Wahl
    D - Yomby William*
    GK - Kevin Hartman
    GK - Eric Kronberg

[B]EVENT LOG:[/B]
    11.29.07: [COLOR=Grey]Edson Elcock waived.[/COLOR]
    11.29.07: [COLOR=Grey]A.J. Godbolt waived.[/COLOR]
    11.29.07: [COLOR=Grey]Willy Guadarrama waived.[/COLOR]
    11.29.07: [COLOR=Grey]Chris Konopka waived.[/COLOR]
    01.15.08: [COLOR=Grey]Nick Garcia to San Jose for #1 SuperDraft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.16.08: [COLOR=Grey]Jose Burciaga to Colorado for 2nd round 2009 SuperDraft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.18.08: [COLOR=Blue]Chance Myers obtained as 1st SuperDraft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.18.08: [COLOR=Blue]Roger Espinoza obtained as 11th SuperDraft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.18.08: [COLOR=Blue]Yomby William obtained as 23rd SuperDraft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.18.08: [COLOR=Blue]Jonathan Leathers obtained as 25th SuperDraft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.18.08: [COLOR=Blue]Matt Marquess obtained as 39th SuperDraft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.18.08: [COLOR=Blue]Rauwshan McKenzie obtained as 53rd SuperDraft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.23.08: [COLOR=Grey]Eddie Johnson to Fulham FC for allocation money[/COLOR]
    01.24.08: [COLOR=Blue]Pat Healy obtained as 11th Supplemental Draft pcik.[/COLOR]
    01.24.08: [COLOR=Blue]Vincente Arze obtained as 25th Supplemental Draft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.24.08: [COLOR=Blue]Tom Gray obtained as 39th Supplemental Draft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.24.08: [COLOR=Blue]Andrew Kartunen obtained as 53rd Supplemental Draft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.30.08: [COLOR=Grey]Will John signed by Denmark club.[/COLOR]
    ????????: [COLOR=Grey]Vincente Arze signs with the Whitecaps, doesn't show up to camp.[/COLOR]
    ????????: [COLOR=Grey]Andrew Kartunen opts to finish school, doesn't show up to camp.[/COLOR]
    02.19.08: [COLOR=Blue]Wizards acquire Ivan Trujillo from Deportivo Cali.[/COLOR]
    02.20.08: [COLOR=Grey]Wizards waive Pat Healy.[/COLOR]
    02.20.08: [COLOR=Grey]Wizards waive Tom Gray.[/COLOR]
    03.01.08: [COLOR=Grey]Wizards waive Ryan Raybould.[/COLOR]
    [/FONT]

13. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andrew DiCicco - F
    Kevin Souter - MF
    Boris Pardo - K
    Paulo Troyano - F

14. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ah yeah, I forgot about those other guys who've been on trial with us.

15. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hellz Yeah!
    Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][B][U]2007 Roster.............................2008 Roster[/U][/B]
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Jose Burciaga Jr.[/COLOR][/I].......................Eloy Colombano
    Jimmy Conrad............................[I][COLOR=Blue]Roger Espinoza[/COLOR][/I]
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Edson Elcock[/COLOR][/I]............................Michael Harrington
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Nick Garcia[/COLOR][/I].............................Kevin Hartman
    [I][COLOR=Grey]A.J. Godbolt[/COLOR][/I]............................Aaron Hohlbein
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Willy Guadarrama[/COLOR][/I]........................Jack Jewsbury
    Aaron Hohlbein..........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Jonathan Leathers*[/COLOR][/I]
    Jack Jewsbury...........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Claudio Lopez[/COLOR][/I]
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Will John[/COLOR][/I]...............................Amir Lowery
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Eddie Johnson[/COLOR][/I]...........................Carlos Marinelli
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Chris Konopka[/COLOR][/I]...........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Matt Marquess*[/COLOR][/I]
    Michael Kraus...........................Ryan McHahen
    Eric Kronberg...........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Rauwshan McKenzie*[/COLOR][/I]
    Amir Lowery.............................Kurt Morsink
    Carlos Marinelli........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Chance Myers[/COLOR][/I]
    Ryan McHahen............................Ryan Pore
    Kurt Morsink............................Scott Sealy
    Ryan Pore...............................[I][COLOR=Blue]Ivan Trujillo[/COLOR][/I]
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Ryan Raybould[/COLOR][/I]...........................Sasha Victorine
    Scott Sealy.............................Tyson Wahl
    Sasha Victorine.........................Lance Watson
    Tyson Wahl..............................[I][COLOR=Blue]Yomby William*[/COLOR][/I] 
    Lance Watson............................Kerry Zavagnin
    Kerry Zavagnin..........................

[I][COLOR=Grey]Will not be with team in 2008[/COLOR]	   	[COLOR=Blue]New acquisition for 2008[/COLOR]

[B]BY POSITION[/B]
    F - Claudio Lopez
    F - Ryan Pore
    F - Scott Sealy
    F - Ivan Trujillo
    M/F - Jack Jewsbury
    M/F - Michael Kraus
    M - Davy Arnaud
    M - Eloy Colombano
    M - Amir Lowery
    M - Carlos Marinelli
    M - Ryan McHahen
    M - Kurt Morsink
    M - Sasha Victorine
    M - Lance Watson
    M - Kerry Zavagnin
    M/D - Roger Espinoza
    M/D - Aaron Hohlbein
    D - Jimmy Conrad
    D - Michael Harrington
    D - Jonathan Leathers*
    D - Matt Marquess*
    D - Rauwshan McKenzie*
    D - Chance Myers
    D - Tyson Wahl
    D - Yomby William*
    GK - Kevin Hartman
    GK - Eric Kronberg

01.16.08: [COLOR=Grey]Jose Burciaga to Colorado for 2nd round 2009 SuperDraft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.18.08: [COLOR=Blue]Jonathan Leathers obtained as 25th SuperDraft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.18.08: [COLOR=Blue]Rauwshan McKenzie obtained as 53rd SuperDraft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.23.08: [COLOR=Grey]Eddie Johnson to Fulham FC for allocation money[/COLOR]
    01.24.08: [COLOR=Blue]Pat Healy obtained as 11th Supplemental Draft pcik.[/COLOR]
    01.24.08: [COLOR=Blue]Vincente Arze obtained as 25th Supplemental Draft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.24.08: [COLOR=Blue]Tom Gray obtained as 39th Supplemental Draft pick.[/COLOR]
    01.24.08: [COLOR=Blue]Andrew Kartunen obtained as 53rd Supplemental Draft pick.[/COLOR]
    ????????: [COLOR=Grey]Vincente Arze signs with the Whitecaps, doesn't show up to camp.[/COLOR]
    ????????: [COLOR=Grey]Andrew Kartunen opts to finish school, doesn't show up to camp.[/COLOR]
    02.19.08: [COLOR=Blue]Wizards acquire Ivan Trujillo from Deportivo Cali.[/COLOR]
    03.09.08: [COLOR=Blue]Wizards sign Claudio Lopez.[/COLOR]
    [/FONT]

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Thanks for the info. Updated as indicated in above article.
    Code:
    Aaron Hohlbein..........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Jonathan Leathers[/COLOR][/I]
    Jack Jewsbury...........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Claudio Lopez[/COLOR][/I]
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Will John[/COLOR][/I]...............................Amir Lowery
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Eddie Johnson[/COLOR][/I]...........................Carlos Marinelli
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Chris Konopka[/COLOR][/I]...........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Matt Marquess[/COLOR][/I]
    Michael Kraus...........................Ryan McHahen
    Eric Kronberg...........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Rauwshan McKenzie[/COLOR][/I]
    Amir Lowery.............................Kurt Morsink
    Carlos Marinelli........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Chance Myers[/COLOR][/I]
    Ryan McHahen............................[I][COLOR=Blue]Boris Pardo[/COLOR][/I]
    Kurt Morsink............................Ryan Pore
    Ryan Pore...............................Scott Sealy
    [I][COLOR=Grey]Ryan Raybould[/COLOR][/I]...........................[I][COLOR=Blue]Ivan Trujillo[/COLOR][/I]
    Scott Sealy.............................Sasha Victorine
    Sasha Victorine.........................Tyson Wahl
    Tyson Wahl..............................Lance Watson
    Lance Watson............................[I][COLOR=Blue]Yomby William*[/COLOR][/I] 
    Kerry Zavagnin..........................Kerry Zavagnin

[B]BY POSITION[/B]
    F - Claudio Lopez
    F - Ryan Pore
    F - Scott Sealy
    F - Ivan Trujillo
    M/F - Jack Jewsbury
    M/F - Michael Kraus
    M - Davy Arnaud
    M - Eloy Colombano
    M - Amir Lowery
    M - Carlos Marinelli
    M - Ryan McHahen
    M - Kurt Morsink
    M - Sasha Victorine
    M - Lance Watson
    M - Kerry Zavagnin
    M/D - Roger Espinoza
    M/D - Aaron Hohlbein
    D - Jimmy Conrad
    D - Michael Harrington
    D - Jonathan Leathers
    D - Matt Marquess
    D - Rauwshan McKenzie
    D - Chance Myers
    D - Tyson Wahl
    D - Yomby William*
    GK - Kevin Hartman
    GK - Eric Kronberg
    GK - Boris Pardo

01.23.08: [COLOR=Grey]Eddie Johnson to Fulham FC for allocation money.[/COLOR]
    03.09.08: [COLOR=Blue]Wizards sign Claudio Lopez.[/COLOR]
    03.26.08: [COLOR=Blue]Johnathan Leathers officially signs with team.[/COLOR]
    03.26.08: [COLOR=Blue]Matt Marquess officially signs with team.[/COLOR]
    03.26.08: [COLOR=Blue]Rauwshan McKenzie officially signs with team.[/COLOR]
    03.26.08: [COLOR=Blue]Trialist Boris Pardo signs with team.[/COLOR]
    [/FONT]

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, we now have "official" word on Leathers, Marquess, McKenzie, and Pardo. Press release sent out today talks about the 4 of them signing developmental contracts. No word on William or Souter.

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States