Kansas City Star: Many players send letters and tapes for a chance to tryout for MLS

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by wufc, Aug 26, 2006.

1. wufc

wufc Member

May 1, 2005
    UC Irvine
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Re: Kansas City Star: Many players send letters and tapes for a chance to tryout for

The sad thing is, those guys who sent the Rico tapes would never have a clue.

3. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Kansas City Star: Many players send letters and tapes for a chance to tryout for

very interesting story. gotta love the people who are trying to realize the dream, however unrealistic it might be.

plus, if one of them makes it maybe disney will make a movie out of it! :)

4. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

is this the guy we are talking about? I have seen him throw a ball..nice left arm. I think we have a future MLS throw-in star.

5. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like Adrian Serioux?

6. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Do any MLS teams have open tryouts each year for anyone who wants to try out? I think this is a good way to reach-out to the community and get some good PR going and you never know where you might find a diamond in the rough. I think it'd be cool to go try out for FCD, obviously I wouldnt make it but it'd be a great experience and hopefully you'd get a cool t-shift/jersey out of it. This would also be the proper avenue to direct all the people who send videos and letters to MLS teams. Just tell them "We appreciate your interest please come to our open tryout in January...."

7. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    I could be wrong, but, didn't the Revolution pick up a player this way, a few years ago? I believe he was a defender by the name of Kante.
    He just walked in one day and asked the coach for a trial period. He ended up being hired and actually had a couple of good years.

8. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a related topic, we could have won at the WC if only Arena had taken some USL-1 players. Just ask the folks on the USMNT boards.