Kansas City - San Jose W.C. Semifinal Game 2 (Saturday, 10/30) pregame thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Kansas City - San Jose W.C. Semifinal Game 2 (Saturday, 10/30) pregame thread

This team has never bunkered. I doubt they know how, even in their dreams.

2. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Re: Kansas City - San Jose W.C. Semifinal Game 2 (Saturday, 10/30) pregame thread

Well.....with a two goal lead, Dom's only subs were on the offensive end. Chris Brown and Jamil Walker. I'm sure Brown was instructed to play more defensively but I honestly felt like they wanted three and KC was trying to hold the goal diff at two.

3. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyone seen a ref announced?

4. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE

???

If it's 1-1 after regulation in game 2, the series is over and the Quakes win via 3-1 aggregate. No need for OT.

5. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Perhaps he meant that it would be 2-0 to KC after regulation, and the Quakes score in OT to lose 2-1 but win 3-2 on aggregate.

6. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Quakes lost 1 MLS match by more than a goal......it was vs the Metros(0-2) and their 2nd goal was a 90th minute PK, and Jamil clanked one for us off their post......oh, and by the way, one other minor detail......No Ching, Mullan or Donovan that day. KC, assume the position! :D

Now that I have broken every Karma rule known to man....have a great day!

7. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003

OK, that's it. ldb has to be sacrificed to the soccer gods. Time to take one for the team. :)

8. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

they need that passion they had Sunday, they were a completely different team. i would be worried if i were KC, as Wynalda put it... something along the lines of "landon has the kryptonite to KC's Superman like defense. i'd like to see Ching get involved a little more this game (that was a sweet shot he had though) we just need to come out fired up and play that way the whole game.

Go Quakes!!

9. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I'm ok with that as long as I get to pick the way I go.........Death by super model!:D

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

11. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Exactly! :)

12. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003

Wait, is this meant to depict the Quakes devouring KC or death by supermodel for ldb (OK the supermodel needs work)?

13. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Yeah....that's more like Death By Star Jones.....and I ain't going out like that!:mad:

14. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

c'mon take one for the team! :)

15. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, ldb! Star might give you something you'd never forget!!! :)

16. Openthegate

Openthegate Member

Nov 29, 2003
    Fremont CA

I'm going to be in Cancun punishing my liver this Saturday. Does anyone know if the game will be on webast? The hotel I'm staying at has high speed internet access so that would be ideal unless (better yet) I find it on TV down there which I doubt.

Long Live the Epicenter!

17. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Best bet is hoping for an audio link to KLIV's radio broadcast of the match, provided that MLSnet.com has a link, as they usually do.

That's how I'll be following things from over here. :)

18. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

At least your brain will get the day off.:D

19. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

good luck, be careful with the audio link though, listening to the SJ/Dallas game I did some pretty crazy stuff.. breaking remotes, etc. I'd hate to see someone when they are drunk.

20. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

KLIV.com has streaming audio, and MLSnet.com has an audio feed as well. However I believe they are independent of each other, so if one fails to work, perhaps the other will.

Video probably won't work to Mexico unless you manage to cheat the system (ask Treeitaliano how).

21. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hate to get too far ahead, but I'm already drooling over the thought of the Quakes going from here to taking two straight at the HDC.

22. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
  23. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Your not to far ahead, I am considering there could be no quakes next year anyway...

24. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS

I'm bettin' on it!

25. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

nothing in the world would make me happier... :)