Kansas City - San Jose (Saturday, 7/27) postgame thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Goodsport, Jul 27, 2002.

1. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    exactly...my grammar is crap...my spelling is crap...everything is crap. That all suggest that im young.

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    or a Dallas Burn fan.

3. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Damn... Andy beat me to it ;)

4. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I was to judge age by grammar on Big Soccer, I'd have to say that the average poster is 12!

And quite frankly, no, I don't criticize every little thing on this board. I already gave my nod to the little lady after she explained a little more regarding her initial post.

Why do you feel the need to keep it going? Who's being negative now?

5. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you *was* to judge? Geez.

6. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    HAHAHA :D.

7. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    That's why I stated "pretty good chance" instead of saying "they are".

First, don't assume I base my opinions on anything. Second, I'm glad you have a pedegree of watching soccer over the years. It qualifies you as a Euro and apparently you support KC. OK, for your circumstances my statement is overgeneralized. The exception being against the rule. The statement still holds pretty true.

By "they", I meant specifically those people that fit a "eurosnob" definition. Apparently that isn't you entirely. I say entirely because you do stubornly cling to the notion that solving a tie is automatically a bad thing. What's wrong with 11% more football, with the crowd pleasing edginess of a possibility of seeing a golden goal? Nothing. The dumbest thing I've ever read on this site was years ago when DCU supporters were up in arms over the SO. They determined that the best way to "fight" it was to walk out of RFK after regulation time. I'm sure that's exactly why MLS changed it {sarcasm}. Idiots.

(Aside - I still maintain that the SO on it's own was not bad, just the issuing of points based on the result. The SO would still be here today if the two teams sensibly fought for the third point instead of who lost one.)

I accept that people have this view. Good for them. It makes no sense and can't be defended except by having an opinion that equates to, "it's just proper that way", but good for them. To me the view is the very definition of "eurosnob" mentality, no matter where you live or are from.

8. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grammar cop! :)