Kansas City - DC United (Crew version) [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Flyer Fan, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Now tomorrow is essentially a glorified scrimmage. The weather will suck, it will rain the entire match, I'll be cold and miserable all while listening to a bunch of Chicago fans sing one word for 90 minutes while two teams play a meaningless match. Not good times, bad times.

Although it obviously shouldn't have come to this: nice play, Conrad, heading the ball away from Meola.

2. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    A couple of 4-0 scores would be nice.

3. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm

Don't forget Ned. He should be gone, too.

4. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Isn't that kind of like deciding between the Devil and Hitler on who to support. Both are going to take you to hell which ever way you go.

Personally I'm hoping for a big bomb attached to Stinkalot's groin that goes off and takes out the whole bunch. But hey, I'm massocistic like that I guess.(I'm just kidding, this in no way is meant as a justification of violance against crap evil soccer clubs that hack and dive their way to success every year.)

As for Smith, I don't see why he should be fired. He signed the talent the Crew needed to win and Andrulis f'ed it up. Even in hindsight, I still think it was the right decision to keep Andrulis through his contract to avoid any reacurance of past coaching change follies. At mid-season Smith basically told him to sink or swim with what he's got and he sank. I think our club will emerge from the ashes of this season better for it. Of course all this view would change if Smith didn't fire Andrulis because my entire premise would have been wrong. However, I don't think it's far off and we'll get a fresh start next year.

5. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who do I want to win the MLS Cup? Columbus.

So, since that's not possible, here are a few other hopes:

I hope KC gets gubbed, and gubbed hard. They showed no class against DC on Saturday. I used to respect this team, but that respect is gone. They are now on the level with DC, Shitecago, and the Metros.

I hope DC and Stenchkov get hammered.

I hope the Shitecago, DC, and Metro fans are crying at the end of it all.

Yeah - I'm bitter. But mostly, I hate every other team in MLS. I can't bring myself to support another side in this tournament.

6. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I don't expect to see Jim Smith going anywhere unless he leaves. But I hope Andrulis is gone.